PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of June...

alaMode
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi!

We have a trip booked for 6/4-6/11 this year. We've never been in June. We've never been during the summer, for that matter! Is it really hot? Is it really crowded? Does it rain everyday?

Thanks for the feedback!

Tess
poly07
poly08
pop09
popChristmas09
pop10

Strmchsr
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Not REALLY crowded. Just moderately crowded. Definitely manageable.

Yes, it's hot, but not quite as bad as July and August. Plus hurricane season hasn't really gotten under way yet. As for the every day rain, that tends to not start until later in June. The sea breeze occurs some in early June, but not necessarily every day. It's hit and miss.

faline
01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Quite hot! Quite humid! Crowds can be somewhat variable. We found surprisingly low crowds one year. So much so that we returned at the same time the next year to be surprised by moderate to high crowds!

Afternoon thundershowers are almost guaranteed and some can be quite violent though generally they are short-lived.

droopy d.
01-06-2010, 09:02 PM
You will be there for the end of gay days which is june 1-7 my DW friend went (by accident) a few years ago and said the crowds were low during them but picked up everyday after it was over

bruin1344
01-07-2010, 01:14 PM
i was there late May/early June 2007, it was more crowded than I expected because it was memorial day week and gay days.

It wasnt too humid and it thundered maybe once that week.

DreamFinder2
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
We were there several years ago during the 2nd week in June...it was really HOT & HUMID. But, as you can see from the above posts...the weather's not very predictable :thumbsup:

Tink#64
01-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Wow! We'll be there the same week! Well we definitely got a mixed bag of reviews there huh? We've been during our Spring Break & found the crowds to be very manageable! This will put us arriving the weekend after Memorial Day so I'm hoping for lower crowds than experienced being there for that holiday weekend one year! It was by far the biggest crowd we've ever experienced at WDW! So we go, knowing it'll be hot, humid (I've never been that it wasn't humid lol!), it will be at least moderately crowded, but we'll have a great time because we're at WDW! My plan is arrive at park opening everyday, utilize the FP's and schedule breaks evey day! We can plan for the worst and hope for the best! :thumbsup:

MicMouse
01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
We will be there during that week also.:thumbsup:

I have been at the end of June and in the middle of July and both times were very hot, very humid, but not terribly crowded. It did rain late afternoon pretty much everyday, but I guess that's normal.

:mickey:

disneyers
01-09-2010, 02:54 AM
We were in Disney the first week of June last year (2009.) It was 95 degrees almost every day and it was VERY crowded. It was Star Wars Weekend and Gay Days (which will be during your stay this year too.) If you are not a Gay Days participant, I would advise skipping the Magic Kingdom on Saturday, the 5th. It will be PACKED with those who are participating (although more so in the afternoon and evening than in the morning.)

It did rain 3 out of the 7 days we were there. 2 days were total wash outs, but it turned out to be a great thing because it cooled off the temps and cleared out the crowds! :thumbsup:

Despite all the crowds and heat last year we still had a WONDERFUL trip and I know you will too! Just remember to bring a good poncho and your sense of humor and you'll be fine. :mickey:

Tink#64
01-10-2010, 12:04 AM
We are visiting other parks, not those on the Gay Days calendar, only because I anticipate higher crowds at the "Gay Days" selected parks, do you think that the crowds will be crazy Saturday night for Spectro Magic & Wishes?

disneyers
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure, as we kind of had the same plan as you - we avoided the "chosen" parks on the scheduled days.

I was told that the Magic Kingdom day (always a Saturday) is the most attended day, which makes sense as it is a Saturday and the day most people will be off work, there for a long weekend, etc. So I would assume it will be crazy crowded.

Tink#64
01-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I think maybe we'll try to catch the night time events at MK later in the week then rather than on Sat. night. I wasn't thinking about it when working on our itenerary! I'm sure I'll be tweaking our plans for awhile yet! But that's the fun part, I love the planning almost as much as being there!

Thanks! :thumbsup: