PDA

View Full Version : Need one more restaurant....

pirateyankee80
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
:mickey: Need one more restaurant…..We are going to WDW in November so I have plenty of time. I need one more restaurant for our dinner ADR’s. Here are the ones we have already chosen: Ohana, California Grill, Boma, Biergarten, Teppan Edo, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.
Ground rules; we want to try something new so Sci-fi, 50’s Prime time, Restaurant Marrakesh, San Angel Inn are out. We loved them, :thumbsup:but want to try something new. We have three 50’ something’s, two twenty something’s and a nine year old so we don’t want to completely gamble with the Yak & Yeti (Asian), Crown & Pub (everything fried), Jiko (Indian):confused:
……unless you can convince me, and of coarse everyone else in my family!
As you can tell we like to have a nice sit down dinner, so we can relax and unwind. See what I’m up against. I didn’t say this would be easy or I wouldn’t need your help. OK, on your mark…get set…..help!!

DVC2004
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Jiko actually has "normal" kid food. I would highly recommend it. thier filet mingon for adults is excellent. It's not Indian food. It's African actually. But...if you aren't up for it...

Also I would say Cape May Cafe Clam Bake (buffet) at the Beach Club is very good, as is Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk.

droopy d.
01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
The garden grill we are going there and paying out of pocket at the end of the month it has been our favorite the last 3 times we have been.

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Great place for all the ages you mentioned and its a wonderful place to sit and relax and unwind....
EXCELLENT FOOD!!!
There is no way you can be disappointed with this place!

Genie1953
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
We loved Garden Grill and have an ADR there for our April trip.

KatrinaJ91
01-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Nothing is more magical than CInderella's castle....for adults or a 9 year old!

mom2morgan
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Nothing is more magical than CInderella's castle....for adults or a 9 year old!

Or Akershus. We really liked it and found it a lot less chaotic than other character meals. If the 9 year old is a girl, it would be particularly good since it is a princess character meal. We found lots of choice on the menu and a very nice atmosphere.

Gator
01-07-2010, 12:15 AM
I always recomend Liberty Tree Tavern. I know there are folks who don't like there food, but can't imagine how or why! The food there is traditional and very tasty. And the atmosphere is cool, with or without the character (currently without).

Akershus is good, like a PP said, but the food can be tricky at lunch and dinner. I loved it, but it's not for the faint of stomach.

Also, Mama's Melrose has my favorite dish on property - Pork Marsala. It was the best meat I've ever had, including the roast pig at a real hawaian luau. I know you'll love this place.

lighteningqueen
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Yak and Yeti is very good, but what about Tutto Italia. It was pretty good and there were lots of children the night we were there. Well most every table had a child of some age at it, Very nice place...Was not the quiet and stuffy place you would think. Check out their menus and see if you could do with anything there. I had the Penne Caprese and it was good. I am not a meat lover so this was perfect for me. Loved Wolfgangs as well very very good Chicken Alfredo.

LTT was our worst meal
Boma is as well off our list for good

cer
01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Kona is a nice option as well. I had a delicious Teryaki steak there that I am going back for .....

Like others, we have also enjoyed Garden Grill....

SillySymphony
01-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Forgive the elementary teacher for this one... but I keep looking at the list you've created and find myself thinking about the nine year old who's been asked to sit and enjoy the nice adult food while we rest our feet...! How about something JUST for the nine year old? I'm thinking Whispering Canyon..... yeah... that oughta teach those fifty somethings to drag me to a place that serves raw fish... Just let 'em ask for some ketchup....

LudwigVonDrake
01-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Kona Cafe is always a good choice and I've always enjoyed Mama Melrose's :eat:

KAT1811
01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Great place for all the ages you mentioned and its a wonderful place to sit and relax and unwind....
EXCELLENT FOOD!!!
There is no way you can be disappointed with this place!

I'll second the vote for the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We LOVE it there and ate there to twice on our last vacation (November 2009).

We also enjoy:

Whispering Canyon (lots of fun and the Wilderness Lodge is always great to visit. If you do a later dinner you can catch the EWP)

1900 Park Fare (one of our favorites. A wonderful dinner and the 9 y.o. will have a great time too!)

Trails End (An out of the way buffet but it was wonderful! I had not eaten here since I was a child and we had a fabulous time. On our list to return to this year!)

Tutto Italia (One of our favorites. Like a pp said the penne caprese is wonderful as is the antipasti app.)

KAT1811
01-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Forgot one amazing meal we had on our last trip. Last minute we stopped in to the Portobello Yacht Club. It was one of the best meals of our trip (we were there 2 1/2 weeks so we ate at a ton of places but this was wonderful)! We had an amazing chocolate cake for dessert and I'm not a fan of chocolate cake but we devoured it!!!

grumpydude
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
T-rex would be a great place for the 9 year old, in downtown Disney

Genie1953
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
T-rex would be a great place for the 9 year old, in downtown Disney

Definitely....we have taken our grandchildren and nephew to the one at Kansas City Legends and they loved it!

Pally
01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
My vote is for Grand Floridian Cafe. Our kids are used to eating at sit downs and much prefer them to buffets any day. We are definitely not hamburger or hotdog people becasue of dietary issues. I guess it depends on what you are used to. Have fun deciding. :mickey:

SBETigg
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Jiko is South African, not Indian. Sanaa is Indian-African. But yes, some of the flavors are the same and outstanding. I love it, but it could be a risk. Rose and Crown, hardly anything is fried there. The fish and chips. That's all I can think of. The rest of the menu is not at all fried food-dominant. But a good safe bet here is Grand Floridian Cafe.

PixieMagic
01-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Another vote for Tutto Italia!! My family loves this place and there is definitely something for everyone! :cloud9:

We also loved Nine Dragons (we're big on Chinese) and Garden Grill...actually our first serving at Garden Grill wasn't good (it seemed as though it sat under a heat lamp too long)...so we simply told our server and she got us a new serving...and a few moments later a very hospitable chef came out just to check on us! The second serving was AMAZING by the way!:secret:

LVT
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Tusker House is a nice Buffet.
Narcoosie's is elegant. The young man might enjoy it if it is time for Wishes fireworks. Same with California Grill.

Disnamic Duo
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Maybe the Wave at the Contemporary? It's pretty new. We tried it a couple months ago, and we LOVED it - one our best meals (and we ate at a lot of the 2 credit places). Food and service were great!

CaptSmee
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Since your staying at the BC I would hit up either Yachtsman Steakhouse (quite expensive, but very tasty) or Cape May Cafe (clambake style buffet).

LittleLady
01-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Jiko is by far our favorite restaurant. They definitely have enough items on the menu which would appeal to everyone. The Filet and Mac and Cheese is absolutely fantastic...and so is the barbeque chicken flatbread. I highly recomment it.:thumbsup:

pirateyankee80
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
WOW…:confused:I thought that your input would help but now our decision is even harder. Stay close to BC or venture out a bit… All your ideas are awesome and now I have to sit with DW, DS, DD, and SIL to make a decision…..:judge:If I can get enough of them to say it doesn’t mater then…:secret: