PDA

View Full Version : The two best TS restaurants for ADULTS in the Epcot area?

BrerGnat
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Need some suggestions for 2 great TS restaurants for DH and I to go have "grown up" meals. We will be staying at BC, so would like to stay in the Epcot Park/Resorts area, since we will be leaving kids at the Sandcastle Club and want to be nearby in case of a problem.

We are not on the DDP, and cost is not really an issue for these two particular meals. Neither of us particularly like seafood (although, if a primarily seafood place has good enough alternate entrees, we'd be happy to go there).

SBETigg
01-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I was going to say Flying Fish, but not sure there are enough non-fish selections on the menu. Maybe check anyway. It's great. I've been wanting to try Kouzzina as well-- mostly great reviews, but a few iffy ones. Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shula's are considerations if you're both into steak. And then there are lots of good choices in World Showcase, like Chefs de France, Tokyo Dining, Rose & Crown. Il Mulino at the Swan if you're into Italian.

My top two would be Flying Fish and Yachtsman Steakhouse but that might be not be yours, depending on what you like. Actually, Flying Fish and Bistro de Paris (which I totally forgot-- that one is adult, special, and indulgent).

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Yachtsman Steakhouse is a wonderful TS restaurant for adults. My hubby and I had a baby free dinner here last month. It was soooo good and we highly recommend it!!!

jodijo
01-06-2010, 05:09 PM
If you are able to go into EPCOT, I highly recommend dinner at Le Cellier. We went twice on our visit in November. It was wonderful. (Lunch was a bit noisy with a lot of kids but dinner was quiet and delicious.) I think it is a great spot for a couple wanting to relax and enjoy their food.

Have a wonderful trip!

DebK
01-06-2010, 05:15 PM
We love the Yachtsman and eat there every trip!:thumbsup:

BigThunderFan
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Bistro de Paris!:number1:

dumbo_buddy
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
le cellier is delicious.

until i read the part about not liking fish i was going to write about the cape may cafe and flying fish! doh!

i haven't been to the restaurant in france but i've heard GREAT things about it! or, maybe the one in italy for the ambiance??

BrerGnat
01-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Bistro de Paris was on my short list. So is Yachtsman.

I am also considering Blue Zoo (have heard FABULOUS things about the non-fish entrees, appies, and desserts there!).

I'm worried Yachtsman will be a let down after enjoying places like Ruths Chris, Mortons, and Flemings. We go to these here locally for special occasions, and are sort of looking for something "unique" to WDW. Anyone who can comment???

Keep the suggestions coming. I just found out that my MIL will be coming for the first three nights of our stay :number1: so she can watch the kids, and maybe we could stray a bit further away from the Epcot area without worrying. ;)

I've done CA Grill, and felt so-so about it. Any other good suggestions at the MK monorail resorts?

Rekenna
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Lucky you, adult meal-Yay!

DH and I really like the San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavillion-it's romantic to us. If you haven't been the restaurant is in the pyramid but looks like you are outside at a festival. Lots of candlelight. We liked Coral Reef too. Anyplace not too brightly lit is good for us.:mickey:

Have fun!

Hammer
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Bistro de Paris was on my short list. So is Yachtsman.

I am also considering Blue Zoo (have heard FABULOUS things about the non-fish entrees, appies, and desserts there!).

I'm worried Yachtsman will be a let down after enjoying places like Ruths Chris, Mortons, and Flemings. We go to these here locally for special occasions, and are sort of looking for something "unique" to WDW. Anyone who can comment???

Keep the suggestions coming. I just found out that my MIL will be coming for the first three nights of our stay :number1: so she can watch the kids, and maybe we could stray a bit further away from the Epcot area without worrying. ;)

I've done CA Grill, and felt so-so about it. Any other good suggestions at the MK monorail resorts?

I found Yachtsmen comparable to the steakhouses you mention in terms of service and cuts of meat.

Bistro would be on my short list, as would Citricos.

SBETigg
01-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I agree with Citricos. Good choice.

DebK
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Citricos is a great choice. I am with you on the feeling about Cali Grill......I also just had a nice meal at Artist Point at the WL......

MOJoe
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Since you are staying at the BC, you could "check out" the BlueZoo at the Dolphin. The food, drinks and apps are really really good. But this place also has something that the Disney eateries don't. Peace and Quiet. Something that two adults without kids can enjoy. ;) Even if you just have cocktails and apps, this is a nice place to escape for a while.

bruin1344
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Cape May is a great buffet if you likes buffets.

Teppan Edo, LeCellier, and Rose & Crown are also good options.

BrerGnat
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Since you are staying at the BC, you could "check out" the BlueZoo at the Dolphin. The food, drinks and apps are really really good. But this place also has something that the Disney eateries don't. Peace and Quiet. Something that two adults without kids can enjoy. ;) Even if you just have cocktails and apps, this is a nice place to escape for a while.

This sounds great! This is a big reason why I considered Blue Zoo...few, if any, kids! ;)

Deb, I was looking at Artist Point as well. DH and I spent our honeymoon at WL and it would be nice to go back there for a good meal. Thanks for confirmation that it's good. :thumbsup:

Citricos doesn't really appeal to me after looking at the menu. I'd only order either steak or pork, and both those dishes are more appealing at Artist Point right now.

Not into buffets...

Captain_Nemo
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I'd say San Angel Inn. great food and one of, if not the best atmospheres for dining IMO.

Seasonscraps
01-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Shula's at the Dolphin. I had a perfectly prepared and best tasting steak there. It's not unique to Disney but I think it's better then Morton's & Ruths Chris.

TinksDH
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Back in October DW and I ate at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk. It can best be described as Mediterranean/Greek, although like most WDW restaurants, it has something for everyone. We really enjoyed it. It doesn't have a bar, but you can get a drink at the Flying Fish bar right next door, as the pagers reach that far so no worries missing your ressie!

Come to think of it, Flying Fish is also a great grown-up restaurant in the EPCOT area. Both are high on our list.

dumbo_buddy
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
if you are able to stray a little farther away, how about a nice long walk to DHS and a meal at the brown derby? DH and i looooved that place and even returned there for his birthday dinner sept 2008 :number1:

BrerGnat
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd say San Angel Inn. great food and one of, if not the best atmospheres for dining IMO.

I agree about the atmosphere. We ate there during our honeymoon and thought it was very romantic.

Unfortunately, I find the food to be only "okay", and definitely overpriced for what it is. We live in Southern California...we eat GOOD Mexican food weekly, so sort of looking for something different while on vacation.

I think I've narrowed it down to Artist Point, Bistro de Paris, and Bluezoo. Now to choose two of those. ;)

Scar
01-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I think I've narrowed it down to Artist Point, Bistro de Paris, and Bluezoo. Now to choose two of those. ;)Bistro de Paris was the best meal I've ever had at WDW, and possibly at any restaurant anywhere (of course I don't get out much. :blush:) Artist Point was also an excellent meal. Never ate at Bluezoo, but, I stayed at The Dolphin last time and it sure looks like a place where you can have a quiet meal.

Captain_Nemo
01-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Straight from the Intercot "Romance at WDW" section in Info central.

"The San Angel Inn in the Mexican Pavilion also in Epcot has a very romantic atmosphere"

and

"El Rio De Tiempo in the Mexican Pavilion wins the contest hands down as the most romantic ride to hold hands and cuddle on. But there are plenty of other rides to try throughout the world that come under the heading of romantic. Just remember to keep it to a kiss and a cuddle - all rides are carefully monitored!"