PDA

View Full Version : how about high chairs?

dumbo_buddy
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
this might belong in dining....

DS just learned to sit up (yay) but is still pretty wobbly after a while. i've read that the high chairs at disney aren't really great for little babies.

any suggestions for what i should do with him at the restaurants? could i just stuff a blanket or something behind him in the high chair and just watch him closely? should i lug a bumbo around?

thanks!!! :mickey:

18 days and counting!!!

southerngirl
01-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Our son was 5 months old on his first visit (Dec. 2008) and was not able to sit up very well at that point. In some restaurants (like Chef Mickey's), they offer infant high chairs, which are just like an infant car seat (without the handle, obviously). They are definitely not in all restaurants, though, so you might check ahead.

Also, in restaurants that don't have the infant seats, just ask to take your stroller in with you. Pretty much every restaurant will initially ask you to park your stroller outside, but once you explain that you have an infant who can't fit in a regular high chair and have nowhere else to put him, they'll let you bring the stroller inside. Just make sure you don't take one of those gigantic strollers with ten bags hanging off of it!

jwildflower1981
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I have a floppy seat that we use for my DD. I think I might bring it and just keep it in her stroller. PM me if you want me to get you the link for it.

dumbo_buddy
01-06-2010, 07:27 PM
the stroller is a good idea. i sorta wanted him to be able to get out of the stroller for a bit. might have to stay in though!!

of course, this is assuming he lets us sit down for a meal!

disneyers
01-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Okay, I don't own one of these myself, but saw it on a recent flight (in the in flight catalog) and thought it was the coolest thing.

Might work perfectly for you if you don't mind spending the $50. It looks like it would fold up nicely.