PDA

View Full Version : DDP Left Over Credits

BigRedDad
01-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I have a question and I know Intercots rules are not to break any policies of WDW. This is what is on Intercot's site under the DDP: "Credits may not be used to redeemed meals for Guests not vacationing on the credit holders vacation package." The rule from Disney is similar if not identical.

I have done this and I have seen people post that they have done it as well. At the end of my trip and if I am leaving to MCO, I have purchased a meal for someone else just to use up the credits. How would WDW even know you are using the credit for someone else? It is completely unenforceable and I think people do it all the time.

We are going for 8 nights in March. My DW cannot go now until 4 days into the trip. My mother is coming for the nights my DW is not there and will not be on the reservation. I was going to use my DW's dining credits for my mother. Since all meals can come from any of the cards on the reservation, I should be permitted to do this.

DizneyRox
01-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Disney probably doesn't know when this happens. That doesn't make it OK however as it is clearly in violation of the stated "rules".

One way to enforce this would be to require key cards for each credit consumed on the dining plan. Probably not feasable for CS locations, but easy enough for TS locations. The key cards and a picture ID (for adults) would take just a second or two to confirm.

I don't think it's too far fetched to see something like this implemented in the future. They used to scan key cards for EMH events (each person needed to be scanned). Going back to putting pictures on the park tickets (in this case key cards) isn't a bad idea either. That would help with the biometric scans as well, put your card in and the picture of the person appears on the display. Only would take a cursory view by the CM to verify if it was in fact the right person...

BigRedDad
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I wound up canceling our reservation because of this and booking it again. Not that we were going to "cheat" the system. However, I read all over the place here and other threads where people with credits at the end offer a guest at the park a free meal.

I canceled for several reasons. The main one the argument that the QSDP is worth it. I found it was $32 per day for 2 QS meals and 2 snacks. I have not had a $10 counter service meal in WDW in my life and snacks are at most $4 each. I would be losing at least $6 per day on the plan. It was easier to rebook the trip with the changes that took place for my family.

Figment!
01-07-2010, 09:16 AM
**Moderator Note**

As the original poster acknowledged, it is against INTERCOT Terms of Service to discuss breaking any Walt Disney World resort rules per the "Cheating the System" clause. Discussing the enforcement of rules is also prohibited by this clause, therefore this thread is closed for further discussion.

Guests who have issues with current Walt Disney World Resort rules and policies should address their complaints to Walt Disney World Guest Communications:

Postal Address:

Walt Disney World
Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0040

E-mail Address:

[email protected]

For best response include your full name, postal address, phone number, and the best time of day to be called.

Thank you.

The INTERCOT Dining Staff

Tiggerlovr9000
01-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I think their rules on this topic are ridiculous. You are not stealing food. I think they should use it like a punch card and then when ever you use a meal they just punch it off. That way it wouldnt matter who ate the food. You are paying for so many meals and snacks and it shouldnt matter who eats them..