PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disney Apps for IPhone??

Genie1953
01-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there has a favorite Disney App for their IPhone and why is it a favorite?

cd3000
01-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I like the free WDW wait times app very useful

gerald72
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Ah, yes, I wanted to ask this question but haven't gotten around to it.
My favorite is also the wait times, and also the one with the hours. It makes me want to take a trip just to use it there. I couldn't imagine being in Wdw without my iPhone, and I've only had it two weeks.
I'm still exploring the apps. Radio Disney seems cool. Hopefully someone can steer me towards more favorites.

Jeff
01-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I used a WDW Dining app while there last month. It was very useful with menues, etc. It seems to update itself quite regularly.

ElenitaB
01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
My favorites so far are TSM, Radio Disney and WDWTrivia.

Magic Plan's "GotPlanS" is interesting in concept; it will be interesting to see how it works in practice. I have the four WaitWatch apps. These, along with GotPlans, depend on people inputting the wait times. If there's no one else in the park inputting times while you're there, you're out of luck. The Disney mobile site assigns either "See Now" or "High Demand" to attractions but doesn't really define what that means in minutes.

3kingeryboys
01-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I really was hoping more people would have posted on this thread. We are going to WDW in 16 days and I really need to know what Apps are better than others for Disney. I switched from Verizon to ATT just for the Iphone and I cannot live without it and I hate that V got the Disney App and Iphone didnt. Bummer. :( Please if you have a great Iphone App for WDW let us know. :thumbsup:

Thanks so Much:mickey:

Genie1953
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
My favorites so far are TSM, Radio Disney and WDWTrivia.

Magic Plan's "GotPlanS" is interesting in concept;

Thanks.....can you tell me more about GotPlanS? Had not heard of that one before.

I really was hoping more people would have posted on this thread. We are going to WDW in 16 days and I really need to know what Apps are better than others for Disney. I switched from Verizon to ATT just for the Iphone and I cannot live without it and I hate that V got the Disney App and Iphone didnt. Bummer. :( Please if you have a great Iphone App for WDW let us know. :thumbsup:

Yes I would love to know what has worked well for others. I currently have 9 different Disneyworld Apps on my IPhone and have no idea which ones are the best to use. Hopefully some other IPhone users will let us know. I did just download a new one yesterday that seems pretty good...it is called eTicket WDW....don't know much about it though....haven't had time to really play around with it yet.

disneymom15
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
My husband just got his Iphone about 3 weeks ago. We have 3 disney apps on it so far. Wait times, park hours and dining. I can't wait to get mine, have to wait til sept before I can upgrade to the Iphone.

magicofdisney
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
I have WDW Dining. A pp mentioned having something similar (or the same one?) and it has all the restaurants with their menus and food $. It is updated regularly. It also states DDP info. It allows you to input your dining reservation info. It' so handy.

My other favorite is WDW Maps by Upinpoint. Not that I need maps, but I love to look at the maps and reminisce. :mickey:

weswerx
04-18-2010, 01:11 AM
I only have the radio Disney app right now. I wanted to download the dining & wait times apps, but those would just make me want to go and unfortuneately, I can't go right now...but soon...very soon...
maybe someone needs to come up with a Disney trip budget app...:mickey:

Genie1953
04-20-2010, 07:01 PM
We just returned from Disneyworld yesterday and used the following apps quite a bit while we were there:

WDW Dining (menus with prices)
TWiz (transportation tips for getting places)
WDW Maps (even had a map of the Orlando airport)
WDW Times (time schedules for park opening and closings and show times)
eTicket WDW (wide variety of information)

Now if ONLY Intercot would develop an App...it would be wonderful! It is my favorite and most used Disney discussion website by far....I rarely visit any other websites.

TinkRocks
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Anyone want to buy me an iPhone?

Are there any Disney apps for Blackberries (not that I have one of these either, but just askin')?

HoosierDisneyFan
04-26-2010, 08:51 PM
The iPhone App I used in my recent March 2010 trip was WDW Wait Times. It is a free App (though they do have a similar app that is not free that removes the ads). This app asked users to input wait times so it is only as good as the people using it.

Another App I used was WDW Park Hours. It listed the park hours everday (and the Extra Magic Hours). This was very useful app especially if you have a chage in plans. This app was also free (but had a not free cousin).

Patricia
05-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone want to buy me an iPhone?

Are there any Disney apps for Blackberries (not that I have one of these either, but just askin')?

I don't think there are a lot of Disney apps for the Blackberry yet as there seems to be an awful lot of people trying to find some.