PDA

View Full Version : Would like opinions on Mid-late Sept

jyln6
01-05-2010, 02:45 PM
My family is thinking about going to DW Sept. 17-23. We have been several time in Dec and once in Oct, but never in Sept. We also could go the first week in August before school starts back. What are your opinions on this time frame? Is it too hot still in Sept? How are the crowds? I loved Oct when we went before, but I would like my son to miss the least amount of school that is possible, so Oct will not work. I have a DS9 and DD3. My parents will also be traveling with me. Thanks in advance for your help on this!

Kim

faline
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Generally still quite hot and humid but crowds are quite low. I enjoy going this time of year.

disneymom15
01-05-2010, 03:49 PM
We've been during that time frame. Crowds were low & weather was hot & humid. It's a good time to go.

mudpuppysmom
01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
We have been a few times the last week of Sept. and the weather is hot/humid as mentioned. Crowds are not bad at all.....one thing in recent years though that has gotten more people going is free dining though, not sure they'll have it again this year, no one knows that one yet!

g8rgirl29
01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
September is my favorite time to go!! It can be quite warm and humid and there are passing showers almost daily (quick ones that are almost always over while you are on a ride). I Love going to the waterparks at this time of year. The crowds are not bad at all in any of the parks.

kathiep
01-06-2010, 06:48 PM
We love going in September. If it weren't for that pesky thing called school. we'd go every September. :) It can be hot and extremely humid but the crowds are always manageable and we've usually managed to see a decent amount of Halloween decorations go up.

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
if you can take the kids out of school in Sept then do that!!!
Its wonderful in Sept. crowd wise. It is still very hot and can be as hot as it is in July there so just be prepared. Go swimming in the afternoons if necessary.
August is still very busy as its the last time for the rest of the U.S. to get there before school begins so crowds are still a decent amt.
Also, if the free dining isn't that week in Sept it will also be a great time to go-less people as well when the free dining isn't offered. I think they are stopping it earlier this year but I don't remember which week in Sept it stops. It maybe the one you mentioned...not sure.

jyln6
01-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. We just booked our trip for Sept 17th and are so excited! I think it will be a great time for us to go.