PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Updates

CU Tiger
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
We just got back from a four-day visit to the cabins in FW and loved it (as usual). If anyone asks me where the best place to stay in DW, I always recommend the cabins. But, when are they going to give them a good refurb? I know they made some changes a few years ago to the pictures, linens, and a few other items, but the core equipment needs to be upgraded. During this stay and the past two cabin stays, I noticed that the dish washer is old and does not clean/work very well, handles on the sink fell off, the TVs are out dated, and several other items that are in bad shape or need replacing. I love the cabins, but it seems they do not get the attention the other resorts get. For the amount of money we pay to stay there, I feel it should be in a little better shape. I wonder what Disney’s long-term plan is for the cabins. Anyone have any ideas? :mickey:

Patricia
01-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Sounds like they are due as are some of the other moderate resorts. For the prices they are charging they will need to upgrade soon.

DIdn't they used to have king beds in some of the cabins too? I seem to recall this option years ago, but didn't book there this trip as I'm not interested in trying to sleep two of us in a double bed. Even a Queen bed would have changed my mind.