PDA

View Full Version : Week After Thanksgiving at WDW

xfiles1978
01-05-2010, 11:40 AM
My wife and I are thinking about going back to WDW this year with our 2 year old. We have been down to the world many times but haven't been there during Christmas time when everything is decorated. We are thinking about going the week after Thanksgiving (11/29 - 12/6) this year. Has anyone gone during this time of year? Is it worth going do during this time? I'm concerned about what the crowds, weather, and if any major events would be going on during that time. Heard something about Pop Warner and Mousefest Events possibly during this time as well. Appreciate any info and feedback on this time in the world.

CzepielCrew
01-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I went with my husband and two kids the week after Thanksgiving in 2007. It was a wonderful time to go. It was a bit busy when we first got there, but by Monday the crowds went down to almost nothing. We would get fast passes and not even have to use them. The weather was 80's most of the time. A couple nights went down to 60, but nothing lower. We were able to use the pool and see the Christmas decorations. The only "event" we saw going on was the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom. Great time to go!

Strmchsr
01-05-2010, 12:13 PM
It's a good time to go in terms of events and Christmas decorations. Crowds have shot way up in the last few years, and that was definitely true this year, so expect moderate crowds. Not packed, but not empty either. As for weather - it's a total guess. You could have highs in the 80s or in the low 50s. Or both in the same week. December tends to be a wetter month so expect rain every 3-4 days.

disneymom15
01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
We were there this past Nov 29-Dec 4. Crowds were more than we expected but managable. Love all the X-mas decorations and weather was very nice.

sndral
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
We went this year the sun after thanxgiving through Dec. 7. It was wonderful. The weather was pleasant, not too hot, a bit cool for the pools, only one rainy day. We were @ the Poly and they said it wasn't crowded the week we were there, but was getting fuller the following week. We hardly bothered with fast pass, most things were practically a walk on. The decorations are wonderful, especially the Osborne lights @ DHS. Plan some resort hopping just to see the different decorations. I liked it so much I'm seriously thinking of going that week next Dec.. But, IF you are flying, seriously consider leaving the tues. or later after thanxgiving - I had to pay a lot more in airfare and the planes were packed the sun. we flew out.