PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Miami to Disney

bwk99
01-05-2010, 10:03 AM
We are planning on cruising out of Miami this late spring/early summer.. We have annual pass tickets to Disney parks. So, we can't fly into Florida and not go to Disney for a few days. Our problem is getting from Miami to Disney.

Anyone done this before? Or have any ideas.

DVC2004
01-05-2010, 10:18 AM
How about renting a car? You can rent one for the specific day/days you want to travel to Disney.

faline
01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
It's close to a 4 hour drive from Miami to Orlando. I'd suggest taking a look at your available time and seeing if a flight might be reasonable. If not, I think your best option is a car rental.

clausjo
01-05-2010, 11:35 AM
You'll need to allow at least 4 hours for the drive from the Port of Miami to Orlando. It's not a bad drive, but long. People tend to underestimate just how big Florida is. Anyway, flights from south FL to Orlando don't cost that much, however, once you factor in how early you need to be at the airport before your flight and then transportation from MCO to the hotel, it may be a wash with driving.

diz_girl
01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
One word - Amtrak.

The Silver Meteor takes you from Miami to Kissimmee in 4 1/2 hours. It departs Miami at 8:40 a.m and arrives at Kissimmee at 1:16 p.m. A one-way coach fare will probably cost under $40 pp. The Silver Star costs the same, but makes more stops and takes an extra 2 hours. It departs Miami at 11:50 a.m. and arrives at Kissimmee at 6:40 p.m. I'd assume that your arrival time at the port would affect which train you could take.

You can take a taxi from the boat to the train station and maybe use Quicksilver (a sponsor) from Kissimmee to WDW, or take a taxi there too.