PDA

View Full Version : Off Property: Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

missymommy
01-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi - Has anyone ever stayed here? We're staying there as a gift from our in-laws. Just curious to hear thoughts. Thanks!

princessgirls
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Very nice resort with a good Disney location. It is next to the Caribbean Beach Resort.

They have a lazy river in the large pool area. Rooms were very nice. We had a three bedroom suite. There was another pool area with slides.

My only complaint was not on the resort, it was that by staying here (we were invited) it really cost us a lot more money because we didn't buy a package through Disney. Everything was "ala carte" which is OK for some people, but I did have extra expenses such as a rental car, paying to park at the parks, paying for all of our food (usually do the Disney Dining Plan), etc.
The resort was VERY nice. You will enjoy your stay there.
Julie:mickey:

DVC2004
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
It's actually on Disney property, but it's not a Disney owned/operated resort.

DizneyRox
01-05-2010, 12:23 PM
It's actually on Disney property, but it's not a Disney owned/operated resort.
Correct, it's the furthest thing from Disney owned and operated I think you could get. It's located on land that the Disney Company was NOT able to purchase when buying the land for Walt Disney World. It's been more of a thorn in their side than anything else, which is partly why there's no Disney benefits (and probably never will be) to staying there. Last I saw, even the signs to the porperty are not the typical Disney signs.

I hear it's a beautiful resort though...

missymommy
01-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks so much!