PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill and T-rex- need some comments!

tinkerbelle75
01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
What did you think of Garden Grill and T-Rex? I made our ADR's for our trip Jan. 24th and I am hoping that these two will be good choices. We have never done either place. We are creatures of habit, and once we find something we like, we tend to stick with it and then try one or two new ones on the trip.
Other ADR's: 'Ohana, WCC, Sci-Fi, Chef Mickey's- we like all of these. I hate that I couldn't get into LeCellier but I am going to try every day until we get there. LOVE the online system!!

Strmchsr
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I enjoyed both. However, the T-Rex is LOUD, especially during the meteor shower. Our conversation pretty much stopped when that happened. So, if you don't like loud experiences, skip that one. If it doesn't bother you, then you'll really enjoy it.

WishingStar2006
01-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Try calling LeCellier directly...sometimes you get an ADR that way rather than using the on line system or even calling the WDW-Dine #.

Crow
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
i was wonderin about T rex this trip also w gf. debatin on several of the DD places. I will probly try the online ADRS too.

caryrae
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
We tried T-Rex just a few months ago for the 1st time. It was cool to try once but the food is nothing to special and yes it does get pretty loud in there. Still neat to try. Maybe some sections are better then others, we sat at a table right next to the big aquarium.

rubato
01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
We've eaten at the Trex here, in KC. I thought it was way overpriced for the quality of food. I put it on par with the CS restaurants in DHS, if that tells you anything. The atmosphere is pretty cool to try once. I won't ever go back, but am glad I tried it.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
.....we really liked T REX, it was loud, but that was part of the fun....we sat just outside the ice cave, which I thought was very cool !!! I got a burger which was great....!!!!:cool:

Tinkermom
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
We've eaten at the Trex here, in KC. I thought it was way overpriced for the quality of food. I put it on par with the CS restaurants in DHS, if that tells you anything. The atmosphere is pretty cool to try once. I won't ever go back, but am glad I tried it.

Ditto! We also have been to the T Rex in Kansas City. Definitely fun to try once but food is about the same as Rainforest (owned by same company) which is not that great and is overpriced IMHO.

Garden Grill is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is yummy and served family style- I especially like the salad, it is so fresh. Many of the ingredients come from the Epcot greenhouses. We have always had great service and the character interaction is awesome! :thumbsup:

julyjewel
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Just tried Garden Grill for the first time about 2 weeks ago! Excellent! The food is wonderful! I would go back. Service is good too!.

JPL
01-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I ate at the T-Rex in June and has a steak that was on par with LeCellier for about the same price. Overall it was a fun experience and I would recommend it.

Joannelet
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
We liked both. Definitely 2 restaurants to try at least once. :) t-Rex food is the same as rainforest but I love the atmosphere better there.
Garden Grill is cute. Character interaction is good and the food is good too.
Enjoy! :)

clausjo
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
We did Garden Grill last year and really loved it. The food was really fresh and we saw the characters twice! The kids wanted to do it again for our upcoming February trip (29 days!), but we're trying new places this time. Enjoy!

Genie1953
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Ditto! We also have been to the T Rex in Kansas City. Definitely fun to try once but food is about the same as Rainforest (owned by same company) which is not that great and is overpriced IMHO.

Garden Grill is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is yummy and served family style- I especially like the salad, it is so fresh. Many of the ingredients come from the Epcot greenhouses. We have always had great service and the character interaction is awesome! :thumbsup:

I agree with rubato and tinkermom....we have also eaten at T-Rex in Kansas City several times....interesting to experience and the food was good but over-priced we thought. No need for me to try out the DTD T-Rex. As far as Garden Grill....we loved it and have ADR's for our upcoming trip.

SillySymphony
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
We happened to have been at WDW when T-Rex opened last year in Oct. Here's what we found: even though the staff had only had a short rollout, they were totally into service and providing us with a great time. The temp manager (Mario?) knew what I did for a living, so we were first treated to a look-see around the place beginning with the requisite Gift Shop. You get to stuff a dino instead of vice-versa !!! Next we were shown the ICE ROOM (stay away unless you're ordering Salad and drinks...!) It's COLDDDDDDDD.... in there. And that's from a New Englander who knows cold.

We were finally seated in the Geo-Tech room. It was a hoot being surrounded by the AA's and every now and then, we were treated to a meteor shower (don't worry.... you won't get wet in this shower...!)

Prices are on a par with other similar venues; Rainforest; Joe's Crab Shack, et al.

I've recommended T-Rex to all our parents who are seeking a nice meal in between their kids performances at the new Dockside Stage.

Rekenna
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
We havn't gotten to try Garden Grill yet-hopefully we will sometime in the future.

We went to T-Rex for the first time on our last trip in Oct, and we loved it. This is coming from a mom of 3 boys-so it was a nice experience for them with no princesses and fairies. Something like T-Rex is priceless when you have little dudes. We liked the food and had large portions. I used my Disney Reward points through my resort to pay for the lunch-which was a great use of points for us.

It was loud, but very exicting and right up our alley. It's also fun to watch the other kids reactions from different families. The service was good and we all had a great time! I got the appetizer sampler as my lunch-huge and very good, DH had a philly cheese sandwich, Sis had chicken salad and the boys had hamburgers. Thumbs up all around.Yum, Yum! :mickey:

fabfundisney
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
LOVE the online system!!

Do they have a new online system for ADR's?