PDA

View Full Version : Best rooms in POR?

disneykid@hrt
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I am going to be sending a fax down to Port Orleans Riverside requesting a ground floor and requesting a Magnolia Bend room. (DH thinks the rooms look nicer in the "mansion" area... Gotta let him decide atleast one thing. ;)) So I want to be close to the parking lot, as we will be driving and I know we will be carrying a sleeping 2 year old (and maybe a sleepy 6 year old) to the room atleast once. But I also don't want to be too far from "the action." Gift Shop, food court, etc. The Oak and Magnolia buildings appear to be equally close to the bridges over to the Main Building. Is one better than the other, or is there a specific side/ "wing" I should request? Any specific wording I should use would be very helpful! :mickey:

Genie1953
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
We stayed at Oak Manor which was great but have heard that Magnolia Terrace is a great location also. We are going in April and are hoping to get one of those two buildings.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
The absolute closest the the "action" is bldg 14 in the alligator bayou section.....we always request that building and find it far superior than any other....your within a 10 second walk to the food court and maybe a minute walk to the main bus depot (south), the one that is not so full you have to stand in the morning. Once the bus gets around to the mansion side you may find yourself standing.....the rooms are identical in both sections with the exception of decor !! Plus, we like the relaxing, shaded, laid back feel, of the bayou....and truly enough, it's just a quiet as any other....:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
The absolute closest the the "action" is bldg 14 in the alligator bayou section.....we always request that building and find it far superior than any other....your within a 10 second walk to the food court and maybe a minute walk to the main bus depot (south), the one that is not so full you have to stand in the morning. Once the bus gets around to the mansion side you may find yourself standing.....the rooms are identical in both sections with the exception of decor !! Plus, we like the relaxing, shaded, laid back feel, of the bayou....and truly enough, it's just a quiet as any other....:thumbsup:

Also the bus seems to stop at the south depot before the others so getting a seat is easier...Building 14 is what we always ask for but building 18 is closer to the quiet pool if you like that...