PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Question

NH Disneyfan
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I see that Saratoga Springs has grilling areas throughout the resort. Could someone please explain these grills. Are they gas? How do you light them? Are they clean and reliable?

For the washer/dryer. What is provided for detergent and dryer sheets? Is there enough for multiple loads, or do we need to plan accordingly?

hel5165
01-03-2010, 04:18 PM
They are hibachi style and use charcoal

DVC2004
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Washers and dryers are in unit if you have a villa that is 1 BR or larger (no studios). A sample pack of detergent is provided (good for 1 load) and no dryer sheets. I usually bring my own soap/sheets from home.

NH Disneyfan
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks very much!!! As a new DVC owner, we're looking forward to our first trip in a 2 BR in just 10 days! I'm sure I'll be answering these questions once we return. So much to learn.

For the charcoal grills, where does one get charcoal? I assume a very over priced bag can be purchased onsite..... What about lighting it, bring your own matches?

Its all about the little things....

DisneyWhirled
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't know anything about the charcoal, but wanted to share a tip I've used in the past.

Purex has washer/dryer sheets and they are awesome for travelling. You throw them in the wash and then in the dryer. No worrying about liquid and fabric softener sheets.

Have a great time! SSR is beautiful!!

Genie1953
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Don't know anything about the charcoal, but wanted to share a tip I've used in the past.

Purex has washer/dryer sheets and they are awesome for travelling. You throw them in the wash and then in the dryer. No worrying about liquid and fabric softener sheets.

Have a great time! SSR is beautiful!!

This is great to hear about the Purex laundry sheets. We bought a box of those to test prior to our upcoming trip in April but hadn't had a chance to try them out yet. Glad to know they really work. Thanks for the information.