PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo vs. Spirit of Aloha

mom2morgan
01-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Didn't want to hijack the other HDD thread, but I'm going back and forth on this. If I only do one, which is "better"? Please tell me your favourite and the reasons for it. I've looked at travel review sites, and it seems that NEITHER really get great reviews, but that seems so cynical :-(

DizneyRox
01-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I can just about guarantee that you'll get more in favor of the HDD than the Luau. With that then, if you're only going to do one, chances are you will prefer the HDD over the luau.

Me, I'd rather have my toe nails pulled out than sit through another luau at the Poly.

So, HDD +1

TheRustyScupper
01-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I can just about guarantee that you'll get more in favor of the HDD than the Luau. With that then, if you're only going to do one, chances are you will prefer the HDD over the luau.

Yep.

TinksGoofyMom
01-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Our 1st luau had a lightning storm, so all we got was the food. 2 yrs later we saw the whole thing. I do think that the food is one of the best meals I've ever had. The bread, ribs and rice are awesome. The show wasn't great, but it was cute & fun. It's worth it for the food.
My husband wanted something new when we went this past Oct so we did HDDR. It was great all around. The food was as good as the luau and we loved the strawberry shortcake.
Considering that there are no "Disney" characters in the show, it's probably the funniest and most interactive at WDW. No other show makes the audience feel as important and I know we will choose this over the luau on our next trip.