PDA

View Full Version : which resort for 2 toddlers

imajmommy
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
we are planning a trip for May for 5 nights, would love any suggestions on wich resort would be best with a 2y and 4y old. We would like a room with a separate bedroom and living area and something close to magic kingdom. is there something we could do that would be under $4000. and get the type of room we want? any help is so appreciated!

Disney4us2
01-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I was just pricing Animal Kingdom. It was well over $4000 for a studio. Have you priced out the family suites at the All Stars Music? They have a separate bedroom and has 2 bathrooms.

imajmommy
01-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I havent priced all star yet, I was looking at some pictures of the outside of it and it looked kind of crazy, my hope was to stay somewhere more relaxing and low key since the parks will be go go go. thanks for the info on animal kingdom, guess i will keep looking or adjust my budget! :)

Jeri
01-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Are you wanting to spend 4,000 or less total? Like for tickets, hotel, ect? Or are you talking 4,000 just for hotel?
Maybe I am reading it wrong cause it is so late. Also are you wanting to stay onsite?
Sorry just a few questions to better understand what it is your looking for.

imajmommy
01-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I was thinking $4000 total but it sounds like I am WAY off, yes we would like to stay onsite

aurora, ariel, and bell
01-03-2010, 08:25 AM
We went with my two granddaughters last September ages 3 and 4. We stayed at POP and even though there weren't seperate sleeping areas we didn't have a problem. they were so tired from all the activities that they fell right to sleep. We spent 3,000 for two weeks.
Maybe you could look into Poly as then you would have a good location to Magic Kingdom and could see the fireworks at the beach etc.
It looks so relaxing...I really want to stay there one day too!:mickey:

BigRedDad
01-03-2010, 09:24 AM
5 nights, 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 non-paying child is going to be difficult to meet you requirements of a suite and $4000. Add in close to MK, then I think you are off. You will need to make compromises.

My opinion only, but the value resorts are geared completely for kids. Not that other resorts are not for kids, but values seem to be designed for kids. I took my 2yo daughter to Pop Century. she would have had the time of her life just staying at the resort the whole trip.

I would recommend looking at the value resorts. There is enough space in the room. If you need more bed space, request a roll-away. You could go for the entire stay with tickets, dining, and resort for $4000 at a value resort. You would probably be able to get souvenirs and stay under $4000.

What I would do first is estimate the total time you will be in your room and what your room requirements are. Then, look at what resorts fit that criteria.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM
This might be do-able!

I just priced out 5 nights in early May at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, with tickets and the dining plan, and the total was $3,346.73.

A family suite at the all-stars (not close to MK though), again with tickets and dining came to $2,846.33

You could contact Magical Journeys, let them know your requirements and they can put together the best package for you.

imajmommy
01-03-2010, 11:25 AM
just got 2 quotes back both for under $4000. for 5 nights with park hopper passes at
a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake towers and and one bedroom Beach Club Villas for half that price so it looks like it will be one of these two...