PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Like Party Planning?

mjaclyn
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Last summer I stumbled across a bunch of Disney Princess party supplies 75% off at our local Disney outlet. My 3 yo DD has been begging me to have a Princess Tea Party for her and her friends with it all, so I'm going to do it at the end of the month. I'm trying to come up with some good ideas for tea party fare, games that are suitable for 3 year olds and maybe some kind of a project. Does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of doing little heart shaped tea sandwiches, mini scones, cookies and star shaped rice krispie treat 'wands'. I'm not sure yet if I want to do a princess cake or pink and purple cupcakes with sprinkles.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Disney4us2
01-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Your ideas sound great.

Have you thought about doing your own Bibbity Bobbity Boutique on a smaller scale? A tiara and some hair glitter and children's play make up. Or have a princess dress up.

r4kids
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
We have 3 girls and 1 son. We have had our fare share of princess parties. Just some quick ideas are:

Project: Create a crown: elmers glue, sparkles, sequins, etc. put down a pink/purple plastic table cloth for easy clean up. You can find a lot of supplies at Oriental Trading.

Games: Pin the crown on the correct princess. Have them make 2 or 3 teams(depending on the amount of kids) and see who can pin the crowns on the quickest.

Fare:The sandwiches can be cheese sandwiches or peanut butter and jelly ( provided there are no allergies). The heart shapes is so cute. You can buy little tea cups for sparkling punch. Fruit cut into fun shapes with their tea is also fun.

Having each child dress up and have a princess parade is also fun. I hope you guys have tons of fun :)

offwego
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
For a project part you could have three year olds do the sprinkles on the cupcakes themselves as one activity.

Also for the tea cookie cutters (metal is easier) can help make shapes.

For a different game you could also make some print outs to colour perhaps? Or cut the print outs up and get them to "assemble" a princess.

Joannelet
01-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Have them go to princess school. Where you can hand them wands or they can make wands learn to say Bippity Boppity BOO!!! :) , learn to curtsy, dance to princess music -do games to the princess music like freeze dance (just don't have losers-just dance for fun and freeze, you can do simon says but do princess says instead for example princess says put your hands on your head etc.),
teach them to twirl like a princess, wave like a princess etc. This can lead into any part of the party that you want....learn to eat like a princess etc. :) Have them dress up as a princess (try to have extra dresses just in case someone forgets). or if you don't want them to dress up then you can have them bring a princess doll etc.
You can either make wands or a tiara as a craft.

I plan children's birthday parties for a living so if you have any questions let me know :)

handmaidenofprincesses
01-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Ooh castle cakes are fun and relatively easy to make!

I have the directions somewhere if you want really specific instructions, but, essentially, you make a large square cake, a smaller round cake, and five cupcakes. The square cake goes on the bottom, round cake on that; you put a cupcake on top of each of the square cake's four corners and one in the middle of the round cake, frost everything and top each cupcake with an upside down ice cream cone (they look like spires). The cake comes out looking adorable!

I intend to make one for my going-away party before I leave for the Disney college program in a couple of weeks :blush: The last time I made one, I also used some of the little plastice princess figurines to decroate it. It's so cute!

Have fun!!

IamBelle
01-05-2010, 08:46 AM
When I was little, I had a Cinderella party and my aunt dressed up as Cinderella, so maybe you could do a princess meet and greet?

murphy1
01-11-2010, 08:33 AM
First off, I can't believe your daughter is three!! I have done a similar type of party, those are fun, also did an Alice one. Have fun!!