PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Villas...

DreamFinder2
01-02-2010, 09:45 PM
How far in advance can non-DVC folks reserve these?

Are they generally included in %-off promotions that become available (pin codes, public offers, etc)?

Thanks!

DreamFinder2
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Just bumping...gotta be somebody out there that knows the answer :thumbsup:

fielin
01-05-2010, 04:05 AM
As far as I know, the DVCs get the same treatment as the hotels for general public. You can book them in the same timeframe as the hotels. However, availability is quite restricted.

Every discount is different, but the current discounts do apply to the DVC properties, much to the dismay of DVCers who feel the general public get cheaper accomodations than they do, which is very different from what Disney promised them.

DVC2004
01-05-2010, 10:16 AM
You can book a cash ressie at DVC properties as far out as any of the other resorts. A certain percentage of all units are owned and controlled by the developer (DVC) and are used for rental to the general public. Throughout the year, additional inventory then becomes available when members bank thier points or use them in a different collection. Hope that helps.

DreamFinder2
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
It does help, thank you!

I guess I was thinking about the whole 11-month vs. 7-month booking window, but that's only for DVC members booking if I remember correctly.

Has anyone stayed at WL Villas? I'm looking at a 1-BR villa for my DW and I plus her parents.

thumperbug
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I've stayed at the WL villas 3 times. It is my absolute fav resort. The villas a closer to the bus stop then the main building, its quiet and a very short walk to the main building.

Its about a 5-10 min walk to the dock but everyone has to walk a little to get there, even if they stay in the main building.

WL is always my first choice:thumbsup:

DreamFinder2
01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I've stayed at the WL villas 3 times. It is my absolute fav resort. The villas a closer to the bus stop then the main building, its quiet and a very short walk to the main building.

Have you ever stayed in one of the 1- or 2-BR villas? Would they be appropriate for us and the in-laws to share for a week?

Grace
01-06-2010, 06:47 AM
:)We have stayed at a 2-BR villa at WLV, with our 2 children, who were young teens at the time. We all loved it! Especially our daughter, since the sink and mirror area in their bedroom had a HUGE counter, and loads of storage space. Our rooms looked out over the villas pool, toward the lake, and we could hear and partially see the Electric Light boats at night. The 2BR was very spacious and comfy for us, the colors are deep and soothing, very cozy atmosphere. Short walk to the main lodge, and close to the bus stop or to the boats(as someone else already pointed out). lOVE LOVE LOVE the Wilderness theme. The sundries store in the main lodge carried everything we wanted or needed, and the food court and restaurants were good too. Hope this helps!:D