PDA

View Full Version : Presidents week 2010

lalogo
01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
My family is planning a trip in February but concerns about President's day weekend being very crowded. Any thought.

Maleficent's Dad
01-02-2010, 08:30 PM
We go every year that week. It will be quite crowded. It's not quite Christmas week or Easter, but it gets pretty packed.

Just have a plan and hit the parks early. Be prepared for crowds and have those ADR's made already.

And most of all:

Welcome to Intercot!!!

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

Buttercup
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Our last day at the parks will be the Thursday (Feb. 11) before Presidents Day weekend. Is the week prior to Presidents Day considered busy?

Iluvpooh
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
We were there that weekend last year and yep it was crowded Fri, Sat , and Sunday. It doesn't help things that it is Valentine's weekend too. Most people use the "free" day from school at the END of their vacation not the begining. I mean they are already out the weekend right.
BTW_The Tuesday after President's day is Mardi Gras!! Most schools in Louisianna AND Alabama are out. So expect pretty large crowds. I know we will be there that week too, because my DD will be out Monday-Thursday and we are leaving the Friday BEFORE president's day as are most people.

Iluvpooh
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
BTW_:welcome:to INTERCOT! :rocks:

bruin1344
01-03-2010, 02:10 PM
That weekend gets crowded because in addition MA schools having that week off plus Daytona 500 attracts a lot of guests.

Buttercup
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Hmmm... by the looks of it, these are the busy dates in February:

Sunday February 14: Valentine's Day & Daytona 500
Monday February 15: President's Day holiday

Intercot says that a "good time" to go is early February, and that it gets crowded after President's day. That's why it's still Value season up until President's Day. So I'm still holding out hope that it's not busy! I'll be there from February 6-12.

I used to go in mid-February every year about 10-13 years ago when I was in college - it was our Spring Break, and it was very quiet. But, like I said, that was over 10 years ago. Stuff might have changed since then!

thumperbug
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
We went have gone for presidents week 2 times (with 3rd coming up in 41 days) and the first time we went we expected crazy crowds but were pleasantly surprised. What some consider crowded may not be to others. Anyone expecting to walk on to rides is going to find presidents week crowded. If you are in no rush and know how to use fast pass and have patience, then no, its not that crowded.

Its all about enjoying family and having fun.

SorcererJim
01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
We will be going that week as well... troubles of being bound to the school calendar.... but on a positive note, it will be our first trip "Home" at the BLT as we just joined DVC this past summer. So we have that look forward to as well... I figure if we play our cards right, get to the parks early and use the FP's to our advantage, we shouldn't have a problem.

good luck and enjoy your trip!

ZippitydoodaGal
01-07-2010, 11:18 AM
We went during President's Week in 2007 and with the schools closed in the north and south, it was JAMMED. :mickey:

redthread
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm getting scared :unsure: We arrive on 2/12 and leave 2/18. It's our son's first trip there (the kids don't know we're going yet!). And I guess like everyone else, we're going because the kids are off from school (teacher conferences that week).

Looking forward to reading the boards and being prepared for our trip.

Colleen

Captain_Nemo
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
IMO I have always thought that all of Jan and first week of Feb are best times to go. I've noticed this over the last 10+ years at most times, you have a 10-20 minute wait in lines if that. Only downside to this is the amount of rehabs that take place during this time. Splash Mountain has been closed almost every trip for me atleast around this time, more reason to book another one for late April,May! after that, too hot for me.

Intercot WDW Trip count-down T-1 day 14 hours 46 minutes and 21 sec. °o°
no way I am sleeping for the next 2 nights!

Jillirose
01-08-2010, 07:29 PM
We go every year at that time, because of the days off for President's weekend. It's always busy, but not crazy like spring break. It can be in the 70s or very chilly too... Just hit the parks early and see the high priority things right away or get fast passes. Then, relax and enjoy. We always get park hoppers, so we can leave one park and go to another if the lines are too long. :mickey:

Captain_Nemo
01-08-2010, 07:49 PM
gald you brought up the weather, the whole week coming up I am going to be there, It will not break 70 except for Saturday :mad: barley out of the 60's on most days. I am trying to get away from the cold lol.

DixieBri
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM
I've been Presidents Week before and it does get crowded but with longer hours it's manageable. We went to MK after we arrived (so around 1) and they had EMH that night until midnight I believe. We didn't have much of a plan of how we wanted to "attack" the park and were still able to get everything we wanted done. We didn't even have to stay for the full EMH. We did have to wait 45-60 min. for Peter Pan's Flight but that's typical. If you can hit the parks early, take a break mid afternoon, and go back later at night you'll be able to avoid the worst of it. With enough planning and getting to the parks early you should be fine. Don't worry too much, just enjoy being there!

tnpoohbear
01-10-2010, 11:57 AM
We have been to WDW three times during President's week and the only time that it was shoulder to shoulder was actually on that Monday, President's Day at Magic Kingdom. It ws so packed we just left and went to another park, once we left and we to Epcot and another time to Studios and they were not bad at all.:mickey:

Gator
01-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I would definitely avoid MK on President's Day, and maybe the weekend before if possible.