PDA

View Full Version : DVC studio over hotel room ?

fielin
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi,

Given that, with the current discount, a Wilderness Lodge wood view room is roughly the same price as a Wilderness Villa Studio, is there any REAL advantage to being in a studio ?

The studios do not have a washing machine or dryer, nor a real kitchen, just a microwave so... Not sure about this one.

What's your opinion ?

fielin
01-03-2010, 06:00 AM
No opinions ?

DizneyRox
01-03-2010, 07:35 AM
I beleive that the Villas are smidge closer to the bus stop than many of the normal hotel rooms. You'll be sortof away from the action as DVC is a different building.

DVC is further away from the boat launch though I think. I've always used the main entrance at WLV.

The fridge and microwave come in handy for making taking home some of the meals you can't quite finish, we're used to staying in a studio and it does come in handy.

Since you're paying cash, the laundry facilities won't be available to you, but you'll get housekeeping every day.

It's probably 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.

fielin
01-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks for your answer !

Obviously the difference is not worth the 100$ difference it would cost me for the week. I think I'll keep my hotel room.

DVC2004
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Also the studios (except OKW) have 1 queen and 1 pull out sofa. May not matter to you but some don't like that.

wildernesslady
01-03-2010, 12:50 PM
The villas seem a little bigger to me. It is our home resort, so I would naturaly pick the villas. The kitchenette has alway worked well for us especially for breakfast. Both choices are great. Have fun.

GrumpySue
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
We would always pick a studio over a regular room. It has a small kitchenette (microwave, sink, coffee pot, paper towels, cups, etc) which really comes in handy, I hated making coffee on the bathroom sink. Plus as a previous poster said, we like having a queen bed and a pull out couch rather than 2 beds. It is nice to sit on the couch when relaxing and watching TV at night instead of a bed all the time. Plus we always find it a bit quieter in the villas. I definately feel you get more for the same price.

florida girl
01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
I definitely vote for VILLAS!! As mentioned before the fridge, microwave, sink, etc is worth it for me.