Mickeydream
01-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Our cast consists of:

Me: (Grammie) Mickeydream Linda 50ish :secret:
DD: mickeymousedabomb Marcy 30ish:blush:

DGD1: Katina (13) :princess:
DGD2: AJ (7) :princess:

Day 9

We were up early again and to AK for our 8:00am ressie at Tusker House. As I mentioned before, it is my favorite! I just love the African theme. Plus the characters are fun and food is yummy. After breakfast we were waiting where the rope drop is and an African performer with all these instruments is playing music getting the people involved and guess who gets picked to show off some moves?.....................ME! He said, “Look folks this lady’s got moves!” Marcy made sure to capture that for the photo album! Great! Marcy and Katina headed toward EE. Katina got a great shot from the top of EE as they are going up the first incline. And Marcy took a great picture at the point where the track is “broken”. I took AJ into Dinoland to ride Primeval Whirl (her favorite) and Triceratops Spin. Surprisingly, the lines for both were short and we met up in Dinoland. It was not raining when we left POP, but as we are in Dinoland the sky decided to open up and we ended up buying ponchos. And to top that off, we had some back at POP that we had purchased during a different vaca! Duh, what were we thinking? :confused:

The FOTLK was calling us so we hurried over there. This time we made sure to get there for the start of the show! We just love this show; it is so lively and energetic. The costumes are terrific. We are in the lion section this time! GRRRRRRRR!:simba:

We met up with Marie and her family in Dinoland and the moms and kids rode Primeval Whirl while Marie’s hubby (EJ) and I watched. We went on Dinosaur next with only a short wait and AJ sat next to EJ with her head in his shoulder the whole time. Katina had Ryan (age 10)sit on the outside knowing that T-Rex came at that side of the ride; he screamed like a girl but loved it! The picture came out so funny. After that, we saw Nemo, the Musical with MUCH better seats this time…right in the middle. Marie and her family really enjoyed this show and we were all happy to get out of the rain for a while! :rain:

We were ready for lunch so we went over to eat at the Restaurantosaurus and all had burgers. We had a decent lunch and it was nice to hang out with everyone together. After that we split up and did some favs like the Boneyard for the girls, It’s Tough to be a Bug, and walked the Pangani Trail. In a covered pavilion in Asia there was a CM making objects from palm fronds. Katina got a bird and AJ a fish. Unfortunately, later one gets broken and one gets lost. But they were so cool, and were glad that we got pictures of each.

The park closed at 5 today and we headed out to the busses. We got to the AKL line and the bus was there waiting. Marcy and the girls ran to catch it and it waited for me to get on………..thank you! We had dinner ressies for Boma that night at 5:40pm and everything was going smoothly. We walked into AKL (Marcy’s FAV hotel in WDW) and took in their beautiful lobby and gigantic tree. The African theme decorations are wonderful. We looked for hidden Mickey’s in the lobby and found quite a few. We took some nice pictures and then headed down the stairs to Boma. We got a great table towards the back and start on our many plates of food! Love the pumpkin ginger soup. We walked away full and very satisfied.

We checked out the shop in the lobbybefore leaving. Marcy and I each bought the "Tigger, is that you?" t-shirt and Katina bought the flip flops with Mickey on them. AJ spied a black shirt with a leopard Mickey head with matching headband that she had to have. After that we made it an early to bed night.

Next up- T-Day @ MK, 1900 PF, Tony’s, HDD

Cindysprince
01-02-2010, 07:51 PM
That sounds like a fun day even in the rain. It is a little funny about your friends' son screaming like a girl when T-Rex showed up. Someday he'll try that trick on someone else.:thedolls:

faline
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
An African themed day from start to finish! Sounds like you got some yummy food at Boma!

Sorry you got caught inthe rain! It certainly didn't seem to slow down your group, though!

yjgirl32
01-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I really liked the Tusker house also. I'm not a big fan of breakfast foods- but my family said it was very good. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
01-06-2010, 10:53 AM
You know, we have yet to see the Finding Nemo show - I am putting that on my must-do list for this year, no matter what DH and DS say! Glad the rain didn't put too much of a damper on the day! :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: