PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club

Carol
01-02-2010, 03:44 PM
This thread is for Moms and Moms-to-Be to discuss and share all that is related to being a Mom or a Mom-to-Be.

Congratulations and Happy Chatting.

Georgesgirl1
01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
We had Myers first birthday party yesterday. It was Disney themed of course! My SIL made a beautiful Mickey cake for us. I posted pictures on Facebook. If you want to see them and aren't already my friend on Facebook PM me and I'll give you the info. He got tons of gifts, and I don't know where all of them will go. I guess this will be the problem with an early January b-day! He got a really nice Radio Flyer wagon, a Diego trike, a swing, and a Cozy Coupe all of which we will put up until spring. He also got a ton of cute clothes, money for his education fund, and several other little presents. I can't believe he is already 1. This year has flown by and I know time will only go more quickly as he gets older.

Poor little guy is also cutting 4 teeth right now! He is very irritable because of it. I am glad some more teeth are coming in b/c right now he only has 2!

I go back to school tomorrow. I am torn about it. It was very nice to have 2 weeks off, but I miss the structure of a work week. BUT I also LOVE spending the whole day with Myers and since George had last week off too we have had so much fun as a family. But it is all downhill from Christmas. We have days off every month until school gets out for summer in just 90 day!

Disney4us2
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
:party:Happy Birthday Meyers

The years will just fly by. Cherish each moment with your little guy. They grow up way too fast.

My DD also had a Disney theme for her first birthday, and several afterward. She just turned 10 in early December. I can't believe she is 10. Time has passed by so quickly.

DizNee143
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM
i just wanted to give a little update..
well lil Ms Cheyenne is now a month old!
where did the time go??

she was great for about the first week home..she woke up id feed and changed her and back to sleep...now-a-days she stays up after all that for a while..and some days just never goes back to sleep inbetween those feedings..
but she still seems to get the message to go to sleep at night..so i cant really complain..lol

she is a gassy baby..and since i stopped breast feeding about 2-3 weeks ago..she doesnt poop as much..and i swear thats all she does in her spare time now..is trying to poop..since i guess she was soo use to going every time she ate..this once..maybe twice a day is really getting to her..

shes been lifting her head up when we go to burp her since the 2nd day of her life..so shes getting really good at the already..
we just got a play/tummy mat for christmas..and tried it out for the first time..i guess she liked it..she didnt cry..lol..

i believe we are experiencing colic..not fun..but not to bad either..everything night between the hour of 10 and 11 she'll start wailing away and just keep crying..we are going on 6 nights of it so far..but i seemed to have found the trip to calm her down..so really its not to bad..

we go for her one month check up this morning..and shes getting at least one shot!

i think thats it for now..

Lizzy
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Wow that month went by fast!

PJ hit the ground running for his terrible two's. This kid is into EVERYTHING! He turned 2 on Dec 14. He is very disobedient and spiteful. He gets time outs here and there but usually his mischeif brings enough punishment on himself! For example, he was pulling the cords from behind the fish tank, not sure how he could reach them because I can't! And pulled a strobe light down on top of his head! It was a big one too. He climbed up and stood on top of his ride on horse (it has wheels for feet) to look at the fish and of course, horse took off and left him on his rear.

One thing that he does though, is when I tell him not to touch something, he does anyway. When I go to take it away he will throw whatever it is down really fast. He keeps breaking things that way. He even will yell out in frusteration. He has been throwing himself on the floor with tantrums. I just put him down and leave him there. One time he let it go for almost an hour! He pretty much lost his voice on that one.

But usually he is a pretty good little man and has a funny sense of humor. This guy at the grocery the other day was walking funny away from PJ, and PJ followed and walked the same way. The guy didn't know it. When he stopped PJ cracked up and came running back. Yeah, I laughed too. :blush:

My older son, 11 has been having many problems and difficulties. I think he may need some sort of medication to help him. But I took him to Drs that the insurance company referred me to, and the Dr wanted to send him elsewhere for meds. But wanted to keep seeing him too. DS was not being truthful to her and the Dr had a meeting with me and basically blamed me for all his problems! My son doesn't talk to me, he cries and bawls, or shuts me out completly. He does whatever he wants to do. He lies to my face and everyone else's about school work and homework. He can't remember simple instructions when I ask him the smallest thing to do. I am at my wits end with him. :(

Georgesgirl1
01-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Brittany- I can't believe Cheyenne is a month old already! When I stopped breastfeeding at about 4.5 month, Myers became quite gassy and pooped a lot less. I think it is just something that comes with formula. Mylicon at night seemed to help him sleep better. Also, keeping him semi upright for about 30 minutes after a bottle helped too. If it is really bad you could always try a different type of formula.

Lizzy- I'm sorry things are tough right now. I don't really have an advice, but I know sometimes it help to just hear that someone cares.

Georgesgirl1
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Okay...didn't mean to send that yet. Ooops!

Myers came down with a stomach virus on Sunday night. Poor little man was pretty bad off with vomiting and I was really worried about dehydration. He is all better now though and we went to his 12 month check-up on Thursday. He weighs 21 lbs 10 oz (he lost almost a pound when he was sick) and is 27 inches long (so still really short). He did really well with his shots though. Of course he cried when he got them, but we haven't had any fever or terrible irritability like can sometimes occur.

I hope everyone's little ones (or big ones since they are getting so old) are doing well. Susan, Lacy, Melissa, Thayre- Would love to hear updates on your babies!

meldan98
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everybody had a good Christmas and New Year's.

We had a very busy holiday season. We suprised our girls with a trip to Disneyland. We drove down Christmas afternoon and spent Saturday and CA and Sunday at DL. We had such a wonderful time. Maddie actually kissed Minnie on the nose! I still have to check the photo pass pictures to see if they caught it on camera. Abby is finally tall enough and brave enough to ride Space Mountain and the Materhorn. She loved Materhorn but didn't link Space Mountain, although she did ride it twice.

As of this weekend, Maddie is officially walking. She will stand up in the middle of the room and walk across the room. She took her first steps in October, but wouldn't take more than one or two steps. I'm sure she will be running before the end of the month.

My dh's new job is going really well and he loves being home with the girls. My job is really stinky right now and I'm finally taking the step to re-write my resume and hope to start sending it out this week. :ack:

January-2007
01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
DS is 2 1/2 months old now. He's our little angel baby. He's been sleeping through the night steadily from 6 weeks on. I had to return to work a week and a half ago so it's been hard on me, but DH stays home with him so they have lots of good Daddy and son bonding. We are so very happy to have him in our lives and feel extremely blessed.

DizNee143
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
DS is 2 1/2 months old now. He's our little angel baby. He's been sleeping through the night steadily from 6 weeks on. I had to return to work a week and a half ago so it's been hard on me, but DH stays home with him so they have lots of good Daddy and son bonding. We are so very happy to have him in our lives and feel extremely blessed.

did your son just magically one day start sleeping through the night?
my little girl will be 6 weeks this coming friday..and we still wake up every 3 - 4 hours..
the only time she sleeps for long periods of time is if shes fussing and crying like crazy just before bedtime..and we'll get like a good 5 hours or more out of her..
but i dont know what to do to get her to sleep longer..or do i just have to wait until her body pretty much tells her to sleep more..
i thought shed sleep alot last night since she only had one 4 hour period of sleeping doing the day and was up the rest of the day..but she only made it about 4 hours..
today im gonna start doing a whole schedule thing..with a bath and all that and put her in her crib..i heard itll be rough for a little while..but in the long run work out for us..
i just want her to sleep a bit longer!

Lizzy
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Yeah, that 6 week point was where the sleep (or not enough at once) thing was starting to wear on me with PJ.

I started using J&J Johnson lavendar bath (not the walmart brand because the walmart brand stinks) and made sure it was every day at te same time. I started giving him a couple more ounces of formula than I was giving him, and played some classical music and he started sleeping pretty good. But still got up at least once in the middle of the night.

He is 2 now and still 2-3 times a week he will get up in the middle of the night.

Kennywife
01-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, I'm not pregnant yet, but me and Kenny have decided that within the next year or so we're going to give it a try! :joy:

I'm nervous because I'm soon to be 33 and I fear the 'what if.' My mom nearly died having me and it didn't help knowing all the details in depth. She had bad kidneys, I do not. My dx says despite my Epilepsy and IBS, I'm very healthy.

Plus, I work as a travel writer. I travel throughout the year to lots of places including WDW and D-Land. I am trying to figure out how I would work that out with a child.

This is something we've wanted for a while, but I never realized it until last year when we really thought I was pregnant. :crying:

So here's lots of hopes for :baby: I'm planning on my next trip in May to get a book and get siggies from all the characters/CM's. It'll be little one's first baby book. :thumbsup::mickey:

Anna

Lizzy
01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Anna, I am sure all will be well and you and Kenny will be blessed with a little one to share your Disney love with! Best wishes!:thumbsup:

IloveJack
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Well, I haven't been here in a while. Actually, we got rid of our internet at home, and I just don't have enough time to get on at school, at least not often. But since Kristin asked...

I took Sammie for her 15 month check up on Monday. I've been noticing some signs of diabetes for the past few weeks, things like soaking through diapers, sleeping a lot more, and drinking constantly. It may be that I'm just super-sensitive (I'm type-1, both of my parents are type-2), but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
However, Sammie is, like I said, 15.5 months old, and she weighs 18 lbs 8 oz and is 29 inches tall. No, she wasn't a preemie, for those of you who don't know us. The pediatrician has been wanting to run some tests on her, and I finally relented. Truthfully, I thought that maybe my milk was the cause of her "petiteness," but she's been weaned for 3 months and eats like a pig and still is way, way below her growth curve. Supposedly, babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by 1 year, and she's yet to do it.
So the doctor said, since we've got to stick her to check her sugar, lets just do it all. So they drew blood (a venastick, in the elbow, like an adult... horrible, horrible... I had to hold her, tight, to keep her from kicking or hitting, or whatever... horrible) to check her metabolic rate, her thyroid, her growth hormone, and her insulin levels. All that, after 3 shots. She's now terrified of anyone in scrubs.
I was told I'd know something by Friday. It may be nothing. Her maternal grandmother is 5'1" and her maternal great-grandmother was 4'9". But it's not her height that has us concerned. It's the fact that she's only gained 7 oz in the past 3 months, and less than a pound before that, and before that. She's gained less than 12 pounds in 13 months. She eats constantly, but gains no weight. We feed her fatty foods, and she gains no weight.
If I'm right about the diabetes (and I hope I'm not), that could explain the lack of weight gain, as well. I'm just waiting to hear from them. But I'm trying not to worry. My daughter is gorgeous, super friendly, very intelligent, and has hit every milestone before average times. So she's small? She's just right to me. She's our petite princess.
And if something is wrong, then we've caught it early enough to do something about it. If not, then she's just going to be a little girl. Hey, maybe she can play the part of Tinkerbell someday! :D

So that's what's up in our world right now.

Anna-We plan to start trying again this summer. I'd like our next one to be born at the end of the next school year, since I teach.
Kristin, Melissa-Sorry I haven't frequented FB lately. It's blocked at school, and as I said, we don't have access at home anymore. I need to go to my mom's and see how your LO's are growing. I'm about to post our trip report from Sammie's first birthday visit, and hoping to add pictures soon.

meldan98
01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Susan - I really hope that Sammie's results come back ok. I have a friend who's doctor completely freaked them out that their daughter was 3% across the board. He wanted to do all kinds of test and even did the celiac test which requires the baby to be put under anastesia (sp?). Their daughter had just started walking and had lost 1lb. Come to find out she was just fine. The kicker was her mom is 4' 10" and her dad is 5' 8", so it's not like she was going to be a giant to begin with. Hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

IloveJack
01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Got the news last night. Sammie's just fine! :cloud9: All tests came back normal. Guess she's just going to be a little girl. But that's fine with me, as long as she's healthy.

Lizzy
01-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey, there is nothing wrong with petite that's for sure! I was all of 5'2" and only 95-105 lbs until I was 25.

Man I miss those days before 2 divorces, 2 kids and 2 miscarriages. Excuse me while I go for a run around the block :blush:

Beach Club Babe
01-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Hallie is now 9 1/2 months. I was so upset I ahd to miss her 9 month check up. I had jury duty, and couldn't cancel it or I would not have gotten another appt. for a while. I had my DD who is 19 and my friend who used to be a pediatric nurse take her in my place. She is now 18.6 lbs. according to that, she feels a lot heavier to me, and is 28 inches long. Everything was perfectly normal. She is so into everything, she really keeps me running. She crawls around at record speed I swear! Still only 2 teeth, but a bunch are on the way, so says the dr.

Kennywife
01-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi guys!

Still hanging in there. Just got over AF for the month. :sick: I just got an update on our insurance status.....:clappy::eek::party2: We're covered 100 percent! After our deductible of course. We have a 1250 deductible :( and then, everything is covered. The good news is that my hubby is covered through Wally World where he works as a stocker. He also works in the kitchen a few days a week (not my choice, but his) at the Hard Rock Hotel in Catoosa and is eligible for their insurance which is incredible! :D

I've applied for several at home jobs to do in addition to travel writing. I plan to do 25 hours a week, but will cut back a while when baby comes. We've already picked out names; Brianna Rose (Brianna because Anna has to be in her name. It's a family name.) or Jack Wayne. You might have guessed....they have Disney names. ;) Rose from Briar Rose aka Sleeping Beauty, my all-time fave Disney movie and Jack from POTC, Capt. Jack! I'm thinking up another girl's name since twins run in both our families. If we have another girl, we want to call her Jennifer Charlotte. Jennifer after a friend of ours who died of Cystic fibrosis and Charlotte after Princess Tiana's friend in Princess and the frog. If we have another boy, I want to call him Elias something. Though Kenny might think that would be Disney overkill. LOL.

Anna

Kennywife
01-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, I haven't been here in a while. Actually, we got rid of our internet at home, and I just don't have enough time to get on at school, at least not often. But since Kristin asked...

I took Sammie for her 15 month check up on Monday. I've been noticing some signs of diabetes for the past few weeks, things like soaking through diapers, sleeping a lot more, and drinking constantly. It may be that I'm just super-sensitive (I'm type-1, both of my parents are type-2), but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
However, Sammie is, like I said, 15.5 months old, and she weighs 18 lbs 8 oz and is 29 inches tall. No, she wasn't a preemie, for those of you who don't know us. The pediatrician has been wanting to run some tests on her, and I finally relented. Truthfully, I thought that maybe my milk was the cause of her "petiteness," but she's been weaned for 3 months and eats like a pig and still is way, way below her growth curve. Supposedly, babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by 1 year, and she's yet to do it.
So the doctor said, since we've got to stick her to check her sugar, lets just do it all. So they drew blood (a venastick, in the elbow, like an adult... horrible, horrible... I had to hold her, tight, to keep her from kicking or hitting, or whatever... horrible) to check her metabolic rate, her thyroid, her growth hormone, and her insulin levels. All that, after 3 shots. She's now terrified of anyone in scrubs.
I was told I'd know something by Friday. It may be nothing. Her maternal grandmother is 5'1" and her maternal great-grandmother was 4'9". But it's not her height that has us concerned. It's the fact that she's only gained 7 oz in the past 3 months, and less than a pound before that, and before that. She's gained less than 12 pounds in 13 months. She eats constantly, but gains no weight. We feed her fatty foods, and she gains no weight.
If I'm right about the diabetes (and I hope I'm not), that could explain the lack of weight gain, as well. I'm just waiting to hear from them. But I'm trying not to worry. My daughter is gorgeous, super friendly, very intelligent, and has hit every milestone before average times. So she's small? She's just right to me. She's our petite princess.
And if something is wrong, then we've caught it early enough to do something about it. If not, then she's just going to be a little girl. Hey, maybe she can play the part of Tinkerbell someday! :D

So that's what's up in our world right now.

Anna-We plan to start trying again this summer. I'd like our next one to be born at the end of the next school year, since I teach.
Kristin, Melissa-Sorry I haven't frequented FB lately. It's blocked at school, and as I said, we don't have access at home anymore. I need to go to my mom's and see how your LO's are growing. I'm about to post our trip report from Sammie's first birthday visit, and hoping to add pictures soon.

You teach? So do I. I teach student online. Grades K-8 in reading mostly. I also grade papers and tests. I do that in between travel assignments.

Anna

mjaclyn
01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I can't believe we started the original thread in 2006 and it's already four years later!!! My little DD whom I was pregnant with when I started posting turned 3 a few months ago, and now she has a little brother who is 9 months old. :-) I LOVE being a mommy and can't wait until our next trip to WDW! We'll be heading there this fall and staying at Bay Lake Tower! I'm trying to keep up my excitement by doing little 'Disney' things here and there. I'm having a Disney Princess Tea Party for DD next weekend and she's so excited! I ordered a cake from a local bakery that looks like Cinderella's Castle. I also have lots of Disney Princess things for the little girls. She's very excited - especially since she absolutely LOVED the Akershus Princess Breakfast during our last trip to WDW. I think that's going to become one of our 'must-do's' every trip. LOL :-) Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Congratulations to all the new mommies of 2010!!

IloveJack
01-25-2010, 08:15 AM
You teach? So do I. I teach student online. Grades K-8 in reading mostly. I also grade papers and tests. I do that in between travel assignments.

Anna

Yep. I teach 9-12 Spanish and am the yearbook adviser at a small private school. I love it. I think it's the best job for spending time with my Sammie, other than staying home. In fact, the only way I'd give it up is if our finances worked out so I could be a SAHM. We're working toward that goal, but it'll be a few years.

Georgesgirl1
01-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Samantha- I'm glad all of Sammie's tests came back okay. My cousin's little girl is really small too. She is almost 2 and still weighs only 19 lbs. The doctor wants to do a bunch of tests on her, but I think she is just petite like her parents and older brother.

mjaclyn- When are y'all going to WDW? We are either going the last week of September or the fist week of October.

School has been crazy for me lately. I just keep thinking that there are only 76 days left for us before summer!

We will probably be trying for baby #2 sometime in the spring/summer. We are hoping for a baby next spring, so that when I go off on maternity leave I wouldn't have to return until school starts in August.

I hope Lacy won't mind me telling y'all this, but be praying for Elias. He is getting over RSV and has been on oxygen for the past few days. I know she would appreciate the prayers.

IloveJack
01-26-2010, 08:05 AM
We will probably be trying for baby #2 sometime in the spring/summer. We are hoping for a baby next spring, so that when I go off on maternity leave I wouldn't have to return until school starts in August.

I was thinking the same thing. Preggers in July, deliver in April, take the one month off and be with the baby for 3. Just hope God's with me on the timing. :D

I hope Lacy won't mind me telling y'all this, but be praying for Elias. He is getting over RSV and has been on oxygen for the past few days. I know she would appreciate the prayers.

She has mine. I really need to get back on FB to keep up with you girls.

meldan98
01-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Susan - I'm so happy that Sammie's okay. I'm sure she will make a great Tinkerbell someday.

Elias will be in my thoughts and prayers.

mjaclyn
01-26-2010, 08:23 PM
mjaclyn- When are y'all going to WDW? We are either going the last week of September or the fist week of October.

We had actually booked a room at Bay Lake Tower for the last week of September but DH couldn't get time off of work. :-( So we had to change it to the last week in October and first week of November. We decided to do two weeks this time so that both sets of grandparents can come for one week. A few years ago we tried having all of us go at once and it was just WAY too stressful. :-) I think it will be much easier on us and the kids if we have only one set of grandparents to focus on at a time.

Terra
01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I can't believe we started the original thread in 2006 and it's already four years later!!! My little DD whom I was pregnant with when I started posting turned 3 a few months ago, and now she has a little brother who is 9 months old. :-) I LOVE being a mommy and can't wait until our next trip to WDW! We'll be heading there this fall and staying at Bay Lake Tower! I'm trying to keep up my excitement by doing little 'Disney' things here and there. I'm having a Disney Princess Tea Party for DD next weekend and she's so excited! I ordered a cake from a local bakery that looks like Cinderella's Castle. I also have lots of Disney Princess things for the little girls. She's very excited - especially since she absolutely LOVED the Akershus Princess Breakfast during our last trip to WDW. I think that's going to become one of our 'must-do's' every trip. LOL :-) Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Congratulations to all the new mommies of 2010!!

Wow, has it really been that long????? Time is flying!

I haven't been on here in ages myself! I'm amazed at how much busier I became with 2 boys!

David turned 3 this past November. He goes to school full time now to a specialized school. He has a moderate speech and cognitive delay, but is doing wonderfully and learning so much and catching up!! It's an awesome school that specializes in special needs children pre-k through 5th grade!

Aaron is 1.5 years old and doing great. We are still nursing, plan on doing child-led weaning. He is much more feisty than David was and a climber!! David never did that! It's new territory for me! I can't believe I have not more "babies" :( They can't be growing this fast! :secret:

I'm getting ready to take Aaron or his first haircut at MK just like I did with David! We are super excited. He hasn't had not the first trim!

Okay, I gotta go catch up some on everyone!!!!!

Hopefully I'll try to make it on here a bit more often!

DizNee143
02-10-2010, 06:36 AM
so Cheyenne is 2 months old already!
i cant believe how fast time goes now-a-days..
i go back to work this coming monday (15hth)..
i cant believe 12 weeks went so fast..
i wish we could afford to have me be a sahm..but its just not possible right now..espeically with me going back to work we will just skim by on all our bills and gas and food money every month..
but Cheyenne is doing great..at least in my eyes she is..lol..shes my first child..so i dont really have anything to go by..
i started a schedule about 3 or 4 weeks ago and its really be working well..i give her a bath around 7:30pm then a bottle and usally goes to sleep within 15 minutes..and then she wont wake up till about 2am..i feed her and then she wont wake up till about 6am then..its working really well for us..and through out the day she usually sleeps in the morning..and early afternoon and is up from around 2pm everyday until her bath time..
we went last thursday for her 2 month check up..she is 10lbs 10oz and 22 1/2 inches long..my baby has gained 4 pounds since birth..
she was a real trooper with all her shots and cried for maybe a minute and that was it..she was a bit cranky the next few days...and i had to give her tylenol..but she did way better than i thought!
i just hope we can stick with a good schedule for when i go back to work and she goes to the babysitter..im gonna miss being home every day with my lil girl..but unfortnately its gotta be this way for a little while..

Georgesgirl1
02-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Brittany- I hope that going back to work has gone well. I had a really hard time for the first few weeks, but as I started getting into the routine, things got easier. There are still days that I hate leaving Myers, but most days are okay. Although I would love to be a SAHM some days, other days I couldn't imagine not being a teacher anymore. But like you, being a SAHM isn't an option for me right now.

Myers is probably going to have to have tubes in his ears. He has fluid in his ears almost constantly, and after a hearing test, we found out that it is affecting his hearing. We have an appointment with the ENT in a week.

DizNee143
02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
the first week back at work wasnt too bad..i missed her..but i had/have so much work..the days go kinda fast..so its not to bad..so far..lol..
her schedule has seemed to of gotten a bit better for us..for the most part this pass week or so shes alseep no later than 9pm..and wakes at 3:30am..although last night she was out by 8:45pm and didnt wake til 5am!! that was really nice!!

aww poor little guy...but at least the tubes will help him out!! goodluck with that! :mickey:

Lizzy
02-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Ok moms! I need your help.

I just found out that I am pregnant again! Yipee! However, I need to get PJ ready. He is almost 2 1/2 years old. But he still cannot go to bed without a bottle. I have tried all kinds of cups, but he just has to have the bottle. I want him off of it before the baby comes so that there is not confusion. So that he knows that bottles are for the baby.

Also, I really want him to be at least close to being potty trained. I don't even know where to begin. Which sounds silly considering I have an 11 year old also, but I just can't remember how I accomplished it before. Any suggestions?

DizNee143
02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
i just wanted to say congrats on the baby news!! so exciting..

i have no idea about the bottle question..since i only have a almost 3 month old..but id like to hear some answers also so ill know what to do later on..

again congrats!!!:mickey:
how far along are you?

Georgesgirl1
02-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Yay Lizzy.. How exciting!
Myers is still taking that one night time bottle (all the others have been gone for two months), but we are getting rid of it next week. We are going to give Myers a snack right before bed with a sippy cup of milk and then just putting him down and letting him cry it out if need be. It will probably be a rough few nights. With the other bottles we just cut them cold turkey and let him fuss and be unhappy until he finally decided to just take the darn sippy cup! We will see how it goes...

meldan98
02-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I would have to agree with Kristan. We've went cold turkey on the bottles during the day. We're still on one night bottle, but once she done with being sick, we will probably eliminate it and got to a sippy cup as well.

Lizzy - congratulations on the pregnancy.

IloveJack
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Congrats Lizzy!

I can't help on the bottle question, as Sammie never would take one anyhow (I ended up spending my lunch hour at the sitters, nursing... and we put her on a sippie at 9 months for all liquids other than milk... until she was weaned).

I'm planning to start potty training the day after school gets out, so that we have all summer to get it finished. Sammie's been showing signs of readiness, but since she's at 3 different places throughout the week, and on the go all day on Wednesdays, I don't want to start now. I will say that we got her a potty chair when she turned 1, and she likes to sit on it (as a chair, fully clothed) while we ahem... do our business. So maybe that would be a good start? This will be my first attempt, too, so I'm not much help. But here's hoping it works out well.

meldan98
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
With my oldest, we got a potty chair and let her sit on it and get used to it being around. It really helped in the transition. Be prepared for setbacks though. I thought she had been doing really good, and then my dh went out of down and we were back at square one. Good luck!

Kennywife
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Ok ladies, I need your support....
I'm going to have surgery this year. *Gulp*

I have fibroids and I want them gone. :mad: So, my dx has recommended getting laprascopic fibroid removal, I think it's called a myomectomy. Anyway, this way I wouldn't have any more bad pain. My period is late this month. I took a test, negative. It does that a lot with fibroids. I'll take another soon if it doesn't come, but I'm feeling I'm trying to start.

Anyhoo, I would like to get this all over with. The dx said it wouldn't just help with TTC, but that it could make my cycles so much better. :cloud9:

I'm scurred!!!!!! But, I'm tired of being in pain and now that I'm traveling more with my job, it doesn't make any sense for me to plan my life around my cycles, you know?

Anna

Emme&TeddysMommy
02-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Well hello ladies, I know it been a while and I have been MIA, but I am back and hope to keep reading and sharing in everyone’s news.

Oh wow I can’t believe how much everyone’s little one are growing! Congratulations to all the pregnant mommies can’t wait to read all your updates.

Here all the updates on our family: My two are now 3 (almost 4) and 2 ½. Let me tell you I have my hands full. Emerson is in preschool 2 days a week. She loves it! And honestly I love having a little down time with only one little one in tow. During that time I have Gavin enrolled in a playgroup as a peer model. He was a bit hesitant at first, but now it’s getting better. He loves his mommy. With spring just around the corner Emerson is starting in her very first soccer league. I wish Gavin could also join, but you have to be 3 by May 1 so he misses the deadline. I don’t know about you ladies, but I am ready for this winter to be over already. Between the all the snow and being cooped up I am ready for a little sunshine! We are planning our yearly trip to Disney for the end of September and I can’t wait!!!! I just wish they would release the park hours soon all this waiting is killing me.

Well now that I have jibber, jabbered on I hope everyone is doing well and all those little ones are healthy. Keep your posts coming! I love reading and hearing about everyone, it’s like a little family here on intercot! Hope to hear from you all soon.

Thayre

Georgesgirl1
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
What a shame that so many of us are going to WDW in September/October, but are going to miss each other by just a few days!!! I feel so close to you girls, I wish we could all meet in person!

Anna- I don't know much about that surgery, but I am sure it will be good to just get it over with and not be in anymore pain! Plus, regular cycles makes TTC so much easier.

January-2007
02-27-2010, 09:12 PM
My baby boy is 4 months old. He's 14 pounds 12 ounces. He makes our life so wonderful. I love being a Mommy and my husband loves being a Daddy.

Lizzy
03-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. We had already done away with all the bottles exept nap/bed time one.

When I got him back from his dad's this weekend he had yet another severe rash and the runs :( Poor kid comes home like that so much I almost think his dad feeds him horribly on purpose. Well, the rash got so bad that I couldn't even wipe him. Had to put him in the tub 4-5 times yesterday. Desitin only seemed to make it worse. So he was a screaming miserable mess all day, so I was a weak mommy and gave him his water in a bottle, so that he would lay down and be comfortable.

I just want to ring his father's neck. How is it possible that every weekend when he comes home from his dad's that he is a mess? :mad:

IloveJack
03-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, the rash got so bad that I couldn't even wipe him. Had to put him in the tub 4-5 times yesterday. Desitin only seemed to make it worse. So he was a screaming miserable mess all day, so I was a weak mommy and gave him his water in a bottle, so that he would lay down and be comfortable.

I know older people give advice you don't want, but my aunt gave me this piece, and it worked wonders. Instead of using Desitin, which can sometimes seal the rash in, go to the store and :secret: buy some Miconazle (yeast infection cream). A diaper rash is just a yeast infection on the outside anyhow, so it makes perfect sense. My LO had one at Thanksgiving that was so bad that she bled from it, started using the Miconazle and it was gone in a day or two. Hope it works for you.

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Lizzy, sorry to hear about your little guy. We are going through something similar in our home. The stomach bug has invaded our home. Gavin stated throwing up at 1am on Saturday and finally he stopped throwing up late last night, but now it has turned into very runny poopies (almost pure water). The poor kid screams every time he poops. Today alone we have had 3 baths and it’s not even dinner time yet. I called my doctor and she said it’s the bug and it will pass. I am just concerned about hydration. Let’s keep our fingers crossed :fingers: Emerson has not come down with it yet. Hope everyone’s little ones don’t get this stomach bug I feel so helpless :crying:

Lizzy
03-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Well, it seemed like last night he was on the mend, and this morning first thing he did still have diarrhea but actually let me clean him! Then mid morning it started all over again and he has been in the bath twice already, and he doesn't even want the water to touch him. I feel so helpless! :(

Disney4us2
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I know older people give advice you don't want, but my aunt gave me this piece, and it worked wonders. Instead of using Desitin, which can sometimes seal the rash in, go to the store and :secret: buy some Miconazle (yeast infection cream). A diaper rash is just a yeast infection on the outside anyhow, so it makes perfect sense. My LO had one at Thanksgiving that was so bad that she bled from it, started using the Miconazle and it was gone in a day or two. Hope it works for you.

I used to use that on DD (when she was a baby) as well.

Another thing that clears up diaper rash quickly is (belive it or not) Maalox. The liquid antiacid. DD once had it so bad, The doctor I worked for told me to use it and wow it cleared it up. It doesn't matter what flavor..:blush: I used cherry. Just dab it on with a cotton ball.

IloveJack
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I had to take Sammie to the doctor yesterday. She has pink eye in both eyes. I have no clue where she got it, as no one else around us has had it recently. Oh well, such is life, I guess. She doesn't act like it bothers her much, just hates being held down to put the meds in her eyes.

She's still tiny, though. Fully dressed and in a diaper, she was a whopping 19.7 lbs. DH's mom is determined to buy her a new carseat, because she thinks she's outgrown the rear-facing one. However, she's not supposed to face the front for another 6 lbs. I can't seem to get that through her head. Gonna try again tomorrow to convince her of the fact. Ugh! Sorry, I'll get off my box now.

Anyone else have such a tiny LO still?

Georgesgirl1
03-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Susan- Myers is not tiny anymore, but he is still rear facing and will be for a while. His car seat (a MyRide65) will rear face until 40 lbs. Maybe you can explain to your MIL that not only is it illegal for Sammie to be forward facing at her weight, but she is 5 times safer rear facing. Also, you could tell her that the American Pediatric Association recommends that kids stay rear facing until AT LEAST two in car seat that has a higher height and weight limits. If I hadn't read an article about car seat safety in Parent magazine, I would have turned Myers around at 1. After researching it, we are rear facing as long as possible. Some people have given me a hard time about it, but I am sticking to my guns on this one.

We went to the ENT today and Myers will get tubes in his ears on March 19th.

DizNee143
03-03-2010, 08:14 AM
if you mother in law really wants to get a new car seat..let her..no one says you have to put it in your car right away..let her feel good she got to buy it..but dont use it until sammie really needs it..
goodluck with her..im having some mother in law problems right now and its not fun! ugh..

Lizzy
03-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Another thing that clears up diaper rash quickly is (belive it or not) Maalox .

That is so funny. The Nurse on call last night (it got really bad last night and I couldn't take it anymore) said to first put him in a baking soda bath, then let him air dry. Which meant walk around without a diaper on- that was a disaster but funny as all get out. Then mix Diaper Cream, Hydrocortozone and Maalox and paint on his tush.

I was like Maalox? I went to the store and started second guessing what I heard but I did it and it worked wonders!

Disney4us2
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
That is so funny. The Nurse on call last night (it got really bad last night and I couldn't take it anymore) said to first put him in a baking soda bath, then let him air dry. Which meant walk around without a diaper on- that was a disaster but funny as all get out. Then mix Diaper Cream, Hydrocortozone and Maalox and paint on his tush.

I was like Maalox? I went to the store and started second guessing what I heard but I did it and it worked wonders!

I am glad it worked out. Maalox works on stomach acid.... why not urine. It soothes skin( stomach lining) and neuralizes the acids. The Maalox was the one thing we always told our fertility pateints when they got pregnant.

meldan98
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Susan - Stick to your guns on the car seat issue. My mom was all for switching out the car seat for my oldest, but I finally told her my feelings on it and sent her an email with a link from the CHP and it seemed to do the trick.

Sammie is a cutie and don't worry about her weight. My oldest still isn't 40 lbs yet and is always in 5% for weight.

Lizzy - I've never heard of the malox thing before either, but trust me I'll make a mental note of that one for future use. Diaper rash is the worst. Desitin never worked on either of my girls. I used but paste (spelled different on purpose so it didn't get the *) and baby powder during the summer when my girls got a heat rash from the diapers.

Kristen - I'm sorry Myers has to get tubes. Hopefully it helps with the ear infections. Having had 30+ ear infections and ruptured ear drums as a kid I know how painful and difficult ear issues can be. Knock on wood we haven't had ear issues with the girls.

Lacy
03-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Wow, it has been a long time since I've been on Intercot regularly :( Working full-time and being a mom is hard work. I knew it would be hard but I didn't realize how much time juggling and remembering it would require. It doesn't help that Elias has been sick on and off since late Dec. Thanks for all of the thoughts & prayers back when he was on oxygen with RSV. It was scary and he is doing much better but we still have to do nebulizer treatments every time he has a cold....which is quite often since he goes to daycare twice a week. Plus I am studying to take a test in april to become a professional engineer. I am ready for spring/summer. All that being said I still can't believe how much fun being a mom is. It is just amazing how happy and fun little kids are!

Susan, stick to your guns on the car seat. I'm with Kristin and don't plan to turn the seat until he is 2. Some of my co-workers have laughed at me and said I'm going to be one of those overprotective mothers and it will backfire and he'll be a daredevil. But I really don't think I'm overly protective on other things but the car seat is the one thing I'm not budging on. Plus, it certainly doesn't seem like Elias is uncomfortable or minds riding backwards. He is on the little side as well. Right around 21-22 pounds at 17 months. Not quite as small as Sammie but only 10th percentile.

Wishing everyone a happy soon to be spring and I hope to be around here more often.

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
I am glad it worked out. Maalox works on stomach acid.... why not urine. It soothes skin( stomach lining) and neuralizes the acids. The Maalox was the one thing we always told our fertility pateints when they got pregnant.

Ladies thanks for the tip!! Gavin had horrible diaper rash this week I wish I had known about this. I even called my doctors and they didn't even tell me this. You all make being a mommy a little easier. I love that we all share these little tip:thumbsup:

IloveJack
03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Susan, stick to your guns on the car seat. I'm with Kristin and don't plan to turn the seat until he is 2. Right around 21-22 pounds at 17 months. Not quite as small as Sammie but only 10th percentile.

We bought a Chicco because it is rated up to 30 lbs. (I'm a diabetic and expected a big kid... funny how that worked out :blush:) So I don't plan to turn her around until she's 30 lbs... or we have another kid come along that needs it, which won't be until at least next year.

Susan- Myers is not tiny anymore, but he is still rear facing and will be for a while. His car seat (a MyRide65) will rear face until 40 lbs. Maybe you can explain to your MIL that not only is it illegal for Sammie to be forward facing at her weight, but she is 5 times safer rear facing.

if you mother in law really wants to get a new car seat..let her..no one says you have to put it in your car right away..let her feel good she got to buy it..but dont use it until sammie really needs it..
goodluck with her..im having some mother in law problems right now and its not fun! ugh..

She keeps Sammie on Wednesdays, so she has her own car seat, (which goes up to 25 lbs so I don't know what the big deal is). She wanted to replace it. But, she finally agreed with me, ssort of... We agreed to just use my car seat and switch it back and forth. It's a pain, but worth it to me to keep her rear facing.

January-2007
03-14-2010, 08:11 PM
We started DS on baby food yesterday. He seems to like it. He's 4 1/2 months old. Bananas are his first food. It's pretty exciting.

Georgesgirl1
03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
We booked our October trip. We are staying at Kindani Village in a Savanna view studio for 6 nights. Even though it will be a farther drive to the parks, it wil be worth being able to see the animals from our room. Myers already loves watching animals of all types, so I think he will love the view! Just 206 days to go!

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Kristen how exciting you will have a great trip and Meyers will love the animals:thumbsup:

Hope all the mom's are doing well. We all just got over the stomach bug and flu. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful husband that took care of us all. He was so lucky he never got it.

On a happy note we just got back from a mini vacation we gent to the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge in NY. The kids had a great time in the water park. The only problem was the kids kept asking where is the Magic Kingdom and Mickey Mouse. I guess that's what you get for having a Disney Family:mickey:

Happy St. Patricks Day Everyone! :stpattys: :gold:

DizNee143
03-24-2010, 09:00 AM
soo..Cheyenne..is almost 4 months!!! shes 15 weeks..
and on monday march 22nd..she started rolling over!!
she rolls from her back to her tummy..
and she wont stop..
i put her on her back i turn around for like 10 seconds and when i look back at her she is on her tummy..
let the fun begin..lol..:mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Brittany I can’t believe Cheyenne is almost 4 months. Kids grow up so fast. I still can remember the day I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Here we are 4 years later and getting ready to celebrate her Birthday. Enjoy every moment as my mother tells me, because before you know it they are grown and out of the house. Scary thought I want to keep them small for ever.

Hope everyone is doing well. We just hit 180 days for our next Disney vacation and made all our ADR’s. We are so excited. I know a few of you are also going soon, hope your having as much fun as me planning.

I know I am a bit early but, Happy Easter Ladies :egg::bunny::easter::ebasket:

January-2007
03-25-2010, 06:30 PM
We're taking DS on his premier Disney trip in less than two months. We are so excited. We're staying right outside the parks so that we can have two full bedrooms and a kitchen. I can't imagine having to sleep in the same little room with the baby for a whole week. I think it will help him to take naps and everything as well. DH and I are loving every minute we have with our little one. He's just about 5 months now and will be just shy of 7 months for his first Walt Disney World vacation.

Georgesgirl1
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
January- I think your LO will have a great time at WDW. We took Myers for the first time at the same age and it was a perfect trip!

Brittany- I can't believe that Cheyenne is almost 4 months. They really do grow up fast!

Myers had his tube surgery last Friday and he did really well. He was back to normal by that night. I'm glad he got them this young b/c he will never remember the whole ordeal.

DizNee143
03-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Brittany- I can't believe that Cheyenne is almost 4 months. They really do grow up fast!

Myers had his tube surgery last Friday and he did really well. He was back to normal by that night. I'm glad he got them this young b/c he will never remember the whole ordeal.

i know i cant believe she is almost 4 months also...its completely crazy how fast time goes!!

last weekend we tried cereal for the first time but it didnt work out to well..she really didnt eat any of it..im gonna try again this weekend and keep trying every day after..gotta get her use to it!! plus she has already started teething and you can see one starting to try to make its way out!!! shes growing up to fast! lol

im glad the procedure went well with myers and the tubes and glad to know that it worked and hes back to his normal self!!!!!
now do these stay in the rest of his life? how does this all work?

Lizzy
03-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I went for my first ultrasound yesterday. I am exactly 8 weeks by the calendar, but the baby was measuring 8 weeks and 5 days. It's a biggun! We got to see the heartbeat, what a relief to see.

This will be my boyfriends first so he is stoked now!

Kennywife
03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, I went to see my gyno Friday and am being referred to a specialist, a reproductive endocrinologist. My gyno says that they need to see if the fibroids I have could cause infertility and what can be done about them. :(

Infertility....I hate that word. I nearly threw up when the dx said it. :ack:

So, that's as much as I know for now. I'll know more later.

Anna

TigChatt
03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, I went to see my gyno Friday and am being referred to a specialist, a reproductive endocrinologist. My gyno says that they need to see if the fibroids I have could cause infertility and what can be done about them. :(

Anna

Infertility is a hard place. My son is almost 4, and I havent been able to add to our family since him for some unknown reason. I went through 2 cycles of fertility treatment after my first miscarriage(June'08). They did the work-ups and nothing was wrong. Nothing they could explain. Most women go through this. I did 2 cycles of the drugs, testing and everything. Nothing. Not one thing happened. I was going to start up going again in Oct'10 but decided not to. I got pregnant on my own in Nov'10 but miscarried in Jan of this yr. After going through this, they might have found an extra hole in an area its not suppose to be. I find out more 1st of next month. But doing fertility drugs, you are at the mercy of the drs. You have to pretty much follow everything they say. From giving blood every other day, to having ultrasounds every other day...you pretty much feel like you live at the drs during all this. And every month it doesnt happen, you cry your eyes out. I finally had to give up and stop trying to have more. I hope yours fairs better than mine

Disney4us2
03-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Anna

Anna,
Keep thinking positive!!!

I fought the beast for over 2 years and won my battle. After 2 IVF's and one miscarriage, my DD was my precious gift.

As the PP said, you will live at the doctors office for blood and ultrasounds to monitor the meds. I was lucky that I worked for my RE and didn't have far to go:blush:.

At times it was very hard working there and seeing everyone else get pregnant but me. Especially after the MC. It was my turn in time. I just didn't give up. Everyone will have a different reason for seeing an RE. There are so many things that can interefere with the monthly cycle. I found that quite a bit of "older" (40+) women have the hardest time because of the egg age factor. The older you get, the harder it is to get pregnant.

Good luck and hope your fight with the beast is a short one:mickey:

Georgesgirl1
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Anna-I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. But don't give up hope! Modern medicine can do amazing things and miracles happen everyday! A friend of mine from work had tried for two years with no luck. She started fertility treatments and did two cycles, but the doctor told her on the third month she couldn't do the treatment because he numbers were too low and she could never get pregnant with those numbers. Well guess what? That was the month she and her DH got pregnant! Now they have a 10 month old! I hope things work out for y'all.

Brittany- The tubes will stay in his ears for 6-18 months and then fall out on their own.

IloveJack
04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Anna - I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope I never have to hear that word. I want a big family, but I know that I'm so blessed to have Sammie. Hang in there and keep us updated.

I took Sammie for her 18 month appt last Monday (been too busy since then to post about it). She finally broke the 20 lb. mark. She weighed 20.6 lbs and was 30.25 in tall. She's definitely going to be my little pixie. The pediatrician has finally come to terms with her being small and quit trying to find out why.
However, when they asked if she was saying 15-20 words now, I had to say no. And when they asked if she uses a 2-word phrase, I also had to say no. So, of course, the pediatrician referred her to TN Early Intervention services. I called, and they came out to test her on Thursday. She passed every type of development with flying colors. She even impressed the screener with her ability to do some things that she shouldn't be able to do yet (such as fold a piece of paper in half, and walk a tape line). In fact, she made more than double the base score on mobility and comprehension. She made such a good grade that the screener decided she must just be lazy and advised me to close the case file. So I did.
Since then, she's picked up 3 or 4 more words. She's renamed our dog (Jake) as "Jake-dog."
She's just doing things on her own time. At least with my next kid I'll be prepared for the pediatrician to "follow the averages" and not get so worried when my kid wants to be their own person.

Kennywife
04-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Still don't know anything. Haven't heard from RE yet. Right now, I am getting ready for my June trip with my cousin and her gf and also this fall, me and hubby are going this fall for our anniversary. :cloud9:

Tommorrow, we celebrate 10 years as a couple and on June 17, it is 4 years of marriage. :dance:

Maybe one of these days soon, we'll have one of these :baby:

Anna

jenny1976
04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey there,
I am a 33 year old disabled Puertorrican in the midst of an International adoption. We are excited to have a birthmother match and are actively fundraising. In our efforts to become parents, we have found a really useful tool which is helping us achieve our goal, any of you who are interested in raising money for adoption can visit our website to see what it's about. This is the link, very reputable company:
www.easy-fundraising-ideas.com/donate.Jennifer--Harrys-Adoption-Journey-fundraiser/?gid=390
I hope it is useful to someone...

DizNee143
05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
how was everyones mothers day?
my first mothers day was pretty nice..
we were gonna go to a favorite of mine in PA but it was just too cold out that i opted not to do that and save that for a warmer occasion..
hubby ended up taking me out to breakfast..then we had to go food shopping so we did that..then hung out at home..visited all the grandparents..and then went out for dinner..
it was a wonderful day spent with my hubby and daughter!
Cheyenne got me a beautiful necklace of a key and i got some other jewerly from the grandparents..some money..chocolate..and flowers..it was a great first mothers day!!

An update on Cheyenne..she is now 5 months and 1 week!! i cant believe it! we had her baptized this pass weekend..and that went very well..she is starting to sit up on her own also! shes getting so big..
she is teething like crazy though..this pass weekend was rough..it seems to really be bothering her lately..very fussy and drooling like crazy and chopping on anything she can get in her mouth..poor lil girl..she is still sleeping pretty well..most nights its 8pm - 6am...sometimes she'll wake up around 3am..
im just starting to introduce foods..shes had rice cereal and oatmeal..and we introduced apples yesterday..she seems to like them so far..
im just so lost with how i should feed her with introducing foods..i keep looking online..its all so overwelhming..i just wish they can only be on formula the first year and then automatically go straight to real food..lol..that would be so easy!

January-2007
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Well the big day is fast approaching. We leave for Walt Disney World in less than 48 hours! Our baby boy is 6 1/2 months old now.

Kennywife
05-13-2010, 09:38 PM
I just got back from seeing my dx.

Bad news: insurance won't cover fertility treatments/fibroid surgery

Good news: I am getting Lupron, which is covered. It is a monthly shot for 3 months to shrink my fibroids. :) It will bring on menopause, but once the shots are up, my AF should come right back.

Afterwards, she said they can look into helping us out with meds for fertility if needed. So, no surgery! :thumbsup:

I start in after June 7 when I come back from WDW.

Anna

Lizzy
05-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Anna- best wishes with your treatment!

Well, I am now about 16 weeks along. I just know that I have felt the baby move already. Everyone says its too early but I am so sure that it was the baby. We went for my 13 weeks check up and brought my 2 year old with us. The Dr asked him if I was having a boy, girl, puppy or kitty. PJ announced very confidently "Puppy!"

The Dr looked at me funny and said, well, I don't know what goes on at your house but he would know better than me. :eek2:

It was extremly funny.

I am huge already. I mean really HUGE! We had the initial ultrasound and that only showed one baby, and the Dr only heard one heartbeat the last visit, is it possible he could be missing something? Has anyone heard of that happening? I guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks when we go for the big ultrasound. I cannot wait to find out what I'm having!

Michelle15
05-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi there I am new to this post. I loved reading about everyone's experiences.
I was blessed 5 months ago to a baby girl. Her name is Peyton and at her 5 month check up she weighed 22lbs 5oz and is 26 1/4". Everyone we meet calls her the Gerber baby.:D
Well when she was born she was 9lbs 5oz! Note I am only 5' tall and before i got preggo I weighed 115lbs. I looked like a torpedo! I gained over 50lbs with her and am having the hardest time losing the weight. Thankfully I didn't get any stretch marks on stomach but have a few on my sides. Those are already starting to fade. I have lost so far 28lbs, It is just taking so long.
Back to Peyton....She has been rolling over and can sit up all by herself. She loves to play in her jumper and play on her tummy. And as you read earlier she loves to eat!
Being a mom is the most wonderful thing:D
The DH and I are taking our DD to WDW in September. We can not wait!:mickey:

Lizzy
05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Welcome Michelle. Congrats on your little girl!

DizNee143
05-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Cheyenne has her first tooth breaking through!!!
its on the upper left side of her mouth!!
poor little girl has been crying so much this pass weekend...i feel so bad..
shes growing up sooo fast!! :mickey:

meldan98
05-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi everybody...

Sorry I've been away...I got laid off in March. I guess you could called it that...the company closed and I was let go. It is such a hard position for me as my boss/owner was one of my husband's best friends. We are still trying to work out some issues with my IRA and my unemployment benefits as it appears he didn't make any deposits or report any income. It took him over a month to give me my final paycheck.

The upside is, I found a new job finally. I really like it and I get to be home with my kids. YEAH!!!

During my time off, I was able to volunteer at my ODD's school a lot more. I enjoyed it for the most part, but find it disheartening to hear other mom's complain. I worked on our Mother/Daughter tea. There were over 250 people that attended and about 40 of those RSVP'd late and most of the people who volunteered to bring food, didn't and we ran out of food and so many mom's were really upset with us. We only had 3 volunteers running the entire event. UGH! Lesson learned with that one.

Abby is graduating from K in a couple of weeks and will be starting a competative gymnastics team. She is really excited. They have a big meet in September. Maddie is doing well. She is running me ragged and is climbing on everything. She doesn't talk much, but she tries. She is almost 19 months old.

Congratulations to the new mommies to be! My thoughts are with those trying!

Kairi_7378
05-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Just wanted to say hello... I used to frequent the Moms and Moms to Be board a lot before my DS was born in Sept 08 and had to stop for a lot of reasons. It's amazing to see that so many of the babies that arrived around the same time as my little guy are doing well... and that we have lots of new Intercot babies, too!

DH keeps telling me that he might want to take DS to WDW this fall, but he keeps changing his mind. He thinks that it will be too much of a culture shock to us as park commandos to have to go on a baby's schedule. Has anyone had to deal with this when planning a trip?

Kairi_7378
05-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Melissa, I'm sorry to hear about your job but thrilled to read that you got a new one relatively quickly! I can't imagine how difficult it was to deal with interviews and taking care of the girls!

Lizzy
05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I was rear ended on my way to work the other morning. It was not a bad accident but I still went to the hospital to get checked out since I am 17 weeks pregnant.

They did an ultrasound. I was hoping they could tell me what the baby was but the ultrasound tech couldn't tell. She said that she doesn't see external boy parts but she can't see that it's a girl either. She said most likely a girl but I'll have to wait until my 20 week scan to for another opinion.

Did anyone have trouble determining the gender of their baby? Did anyone have a boy after being told not sure? We would really like another boy, I am a little scared to have a girl. I don't want to be disappointed if it is a girl either. What was all your experiences?

Jessie
05-31-2010, 03:16 PM
I was rear ended on my way to work the other morning. It was not a bad accident but I still went to the hospital to get checked out since I am 17 weeks pregnant.

They did an ultrasound. I was hoping they could tell me what the baby was but the ultrasound tech couldn't tell. She said that she doesn't see external boy parts but she can't see that it's a girl either. She said most likely a girl but I'll have to wait until my 20 week scan to for another opinion.

Did anyone have trouble determining the gender of their baby? Did anyone have a boy after being told not sure? We would really like another boy, I am a little scared to have a girl. I don't want to be disappointed if it is a girl either. What was all your experiences?

Oh poor thing! I hope you're not in pain.

I had two girls before I had my son and it was a bit of a shocker for me :eek:. I didn't know what I'd do with a boy! I was a bit nervous, but once he was here I was :cloud9: and still am. Its hard to think about parenting a totally different gender when all you know is the other.

DizNee143
06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
lizzy..
so sorry to hear about your accident..
glad it wasnt anything serious and your baby is ok..
i had ALOT of trouble finding out the sex of our baby..they couldnt tell at our 20 week checkup/ultrasound..was told to go to the hospital since they have better machines the following week..lil Ms Cheyenne never wanted to corporate..they were least worried about the sex..she never wanted to turn over so they could at least see her abominal cavity..went to the hospital 2 more times..they got all the info they needed..and then FINALLY at 26 weeks i went to one of those independent/for entertainment ultrasound places and they were able to tell me it was a girl!!!!!!!!!

Jessie
06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
*yawn* Its been a long morning. I've been up since 4am because DD1 woke up due to a, "shadow of a ghost", according to her. Translation - I believe she referring to lightening and seeing it in a weird, sleepy state. So between that and nursing DS all night because he's sick, I'm tired. Thankfully DH is home today. Nap time for mommy!

January-2007
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Baby boy is 7 months old now. He just loved going on vacation with Mommy and Daddy. I think that was my favorite part, just being together all week. His favorite show was the Country Bears and his favorite ride was in Mexico. We are watching him grow every day. He loves to laugh. I love so much being a Mommy.

CosmicRay
06-03-2010, 12:59 PM

First, I'm glad you are ok from the accident. Second, I have heard several stories (including the tech that did my ultrasound) that were mistaken for girls and then had boys. So there could still be hope yet!

CosmicRay
06-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am Collette, I live in Texas, I have four kids DD- 9 DS - almost 8, DD - 2 and DS will be 1 next week. My older two are 14 months apart then DH and I didn't have kids for 6 years and then SURPRISE our DD came along and then came our last one 13 months later. I have home schooled my oldest two for 4 years now and we would absolutely love to adopt someday. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Michelle15
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am Collette, I live in Texas, I have four kids DD- 9 DS - almost 8, DD - 2 and DS will be 1 next week. My older two are 14 months apart then DH and I didn't have kids for 6 years and then SURPRISE our DD came along and then came our last one 13 months later. I have home schooled my oldest two for 4 years now and we would absolutely love to adopt someday. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome:mickey:

Michelle15
06-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I can not believe my DD is going to be 6 months old on Sunday. Time really does go by fast:(
Well yesterday at work I received flowers and again today I received flowers. No name on either card :confused: But I am 99.9% sure they are from my DH. :D Tomorrow is our 10 year anniversary but only married for 1 year 10 months. Yes, we still celebrate that anniversary but we keep it low key. And I decided to send him (at work) an edible arrangement with ballons tomorrow. I hope he gets a kick out of it! I have never sent him anything at work before so I am a little nervous:blush: Has anyone ever sent there DH anything at work? Just curious. Well I will post again after DD's doctor appointment on Monday:mickey:

starryeyes21
06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
My 3 1/2 month old DS has been spitting up like crazy on and off for the past few days. He's taking five and a half ounces of Similac Advance every three and a half hours or so. This morning, my husband fed him before he went to work and then about twenty minutes later it looked like the whole bottle came out of his mouth. His clothing was soaked. He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and has no fever but I'm still worried. This seems to be happening more frequently. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Could he be sick? Should I call his pedi and take him in. I really need some advice. We are soaking through bibs and clothing at an insane rate. Then when I think it's over he spits up more but it's a little curdled looking and smells bad. This can happen sometimes over and hour later.

After he eats, I keep him upright in his swing for a full half hour. That's where the really bad spit up happened. I try to keep him from getting too excited because it seems to happen a lot when he is very happy. Also, he has suddenly started having a bm only once every other day. My mom thinks that has something to do with it but I don't know.

Any advice is greatly appreciated ...thank you.

VWL Mom
06-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Been a long time since my boys were little but I had 2 spitters. One had GIR but that was evident from the time he was born and the other started later on and was fixed by a change in formula. Also, if I remember correctly spitting could be cause by overfeeding.

I would call the peds office and explain it to them. The doctor/nurse can probably clear it up for you over the phone. This way your mind will be at ease.

retiredfigment
06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Call the pediatrician!

SBETigg
06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Your pediatrician will be the best one to talk to about it. They get calls all the time, for all kinds of reasons. They can best put your mind at ease and assess what might be going on here, I agree with the other posters.

Georgesgirl1
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Sounds a litlle like reflux, which could be solved by a change in formula. Also, formula fed babies tend to poo less in general.

I would call the dr. just in case. They can guide you as to whether you need to come in. I called the dr. for so many things during DS's first few months, and I think they are very used to it!

WishingStar2006
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree to call the pediatrician for expert advice. From a fellow mommie's point of view....I had two sitter-uppers and found that if you just them them have about an ounce and then burp and then another ounce and then burp, the baby does better. Especially if he's eating really fast, he could be getting alot of air in that little tummy.

Good luck and don't panic!!

DizneyRox
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a reaction to the formula. We went from that to soy to Alimentum... Hope it doesn't go there, Alimentum is EXPENSIVE like you read about.

Call the Dr, they will give you ideas, and probably even samples of some formula to determine which is tolerable. Our Dr was really good about samples, especailly with the Alimentum, they encouraged us to ask if they had samples and usually left with 3 or 4 cans.

Disney4us2
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I went through this with my daughter..... a long 10 years ago. I called her pediatrician and she switched her to a soy formula.

I agree with the others.... call your DS's pediatrician.

Good luck:mickey:

starryeyes21
06-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I called my pedi this afternoon but he isn't in on Tuesdays. I spoke to another doctor and she suggested bringing him in tomorrow. She said that it didn't sound like anything serious but it was worth a look-see.

I hope he goes to the bathroom tonight or tomorrow before we leave for the pedi because they said that if not they would do something to make him go.....

My poor little boo-boo! :sad:

cer
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't have any advice on your little one, but...

Our pediatrician has nurses available to talk to. So anytime I wasn't sure whether we needed to go in, I would put a call into the nurses and they were always great in advising me of when a visit was necessary. It has been invaluable to me to have someone to call to discuss symptoms, etc. and they can tell you "Hey, come on in."

Check with your pediatrician and if they have something like that, I encourage you to wear out those phone lines with your questions, it will make you feel so much better!

Over the past almost 12 years, I have called so many times, I have the number memorized!

starryeyes21
06-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Well, me and DS just got back from the pedi. He was diagnosed with reflux. I got a new formula, Enfamil AR. I don't know if I'm going to use it though because it might cause constipation. The spit up doesn't seem to bother my son but I'm sure constipation would. This whole mothering thing is harder than I thought it would be....lol.

SBETigg
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
It does get easier. :) But yes, it's pretty challenging to parent, so many decisions. I'm sure you'll make the right one. I would probably give the new formula a try. It may not cause constipation, and if it does, you could always switch back. But you'll do what feels right for you, and I'm sure it will all work out. :thumbsup:

diz_girl
06-09-2010, 03:47 PM
My DS had a little GIR, but it was really caused by overfeeding. Not that I was constantly shoving a bottle in his mouth (which I wasn't), but because he would just drink a lot at one sitting. Try cutting back to about 3 oz per feeding. If that stays down, then try 4 oz and see if that stays down. He might just be drinking more than his stomach can handle. Babies' stomachs aren't as big as people think.

One thing about spitting up. I wouldn't consider having the entire bottle come up as spitting up. That's more throwing up. Spitting up is more when a little bit comes up with a burp. Some people consider anything that comes up as spitting up, while your doctor might consider it as throwing up and the difference in interpretation might affect the diagnosis that your child receives. Your doctor should question you on the amount that comes up, but then again he/she may not.

DisneyDog
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
We went through the same thing my DS7. In fact, he had reactions similar to that for several years even after he began eating solid foods. He has only started to become a bit braver with what foods he will eat, because he has such a strong gag reflex now.

I would definitely switch his foods. Maybe there is a supplement you can give him to avoid constipation?

Lizzy
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
When my DS 2 was born, he was started on Similac. He had terrible constipation and spitting up problems. I switched him to Enfamil and within days he became more regular and the spitting up almost was completly gone.

The thing I noticed was when I looked at the formulas, the Enfamil is ground up much finer than the Similac. I figured that had something to do with it too. The Iron in all baby formulas tends to be a problem with baby boys. For the most part baby boys don't need extra added iron in their formula, but you can't find a formula without extra added anymore.

diz_girl
06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Since this post has now moved to the Moms & Moms-to-be thread, then I guess that I should announce that we are expecting an addition to our family. :party:

My DS Jay will turn 3 soon and it looks like he will be getting a little brother or sister in January.

I made a similar announcement in the 2009 Moms thread, but I had a miscarriage and then two more. I've been seeing a RE since December 2008, I've undergone 3 rounds of superovulation, and this time it looks good. My hCG levels are also good this time, unlike the last couple of times. But best of all, this past Monday, we had an ultrasound to detect the fetal heartbeat and we got a strong one. Yay!

Given my age (40) and my medical history (moderate endometriosis), the chance of the superovulation resulting in a successful pregnancy was only about 20-25%. My RE said that I still have an elevated risk of miscarriage and of the baby having a chromosomal abnormality, but he was really happy and upbeat about everything. I'm only at 7 weeks now, and I'm tempering my excitement, but I'll probably let myself start to get really excited once I get into the second trimester.

starryeyes21
06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm still debating about the new formula. Unfortunately, Enfamil cans are lined with BPA and I really don't want to be giving that to my baby. So, I looked for the Similac version of this formula and the third ingredient was sugar. We go back to the doctor in less than two weeks for his four month check up and I may ask the doctor about giving him rice cereal by mouth or a little mixed in with his bottles at that point.

Instead of the formula I've been following the more labor intensive advice given by the pedi. Smaller meals more often, propping him up after he eats, propped up tummy time, and more burping. I did all of this yesterday and he hardly spit up at all.

I also talked to the pedi about spitting up vs vomiting. He said that as long as it lacks force than it's spitting up. Apparently, he would have to shoot it some distance to be considered vomiting. The Dr. even got to see DS in action because he spit up in the office. He checked him for pyloric stenosis and said that it didn't seem likely and that he will probably outgrow all of this by 6-9 months.

Diz_girl congratulations! I'm sending sticky baby dust your way

Georgesgirl1
06-19-2010, 09:39 PM
In early May, I found out that I was not getting a contract for next school year. I was really upset to begin with, but after thinking about it, it may honestly be a better situation for our family. Apparently the school I taught at wanted me to give them 100% of myself which is never going to happen b/c DH and DS come first. It seems like most of the people who work there (and are in the good graces of the owners) are workaholics and barely spend time with their families at all, which is just not me and never will be. I pretty quickly found a part time job teaching preschool at the church we used to attend before we moved. It will be ncie to get to spend more time with Myers, but things will definitely be tighter money wise.

I also started cloth diapering this morning. After thinking about it for awhile (and now that I won't be working full time), it just seemed like the right time to start. I bought a few different types to try, and then I will buy more of the ones I like the best. I think this will really help cut costs as well because.....

I'M PREGNANT! We are expecting a new bundle of joy next January. Myers will have just turned 2 two and a half weeks before my EDD, so I am a little nervous about that, but excited!:cloud9:

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Congratulations Kristin!!! I am so happy for you, George and Myers:thumbsup:

January-2007
06-20-2010, 05:27 PM
:congrats: on your upcoming bundle of joy!

We cloth diaper. We use bumGenius! Organic One Size All in One Diapers in snaps. We use disposable diapers at night. Let me know if you need any help with all the different options. We bought some others to try before DS was born but this is the one I liked from the start and they are by far the easiest. Even grandma thinks they're easy and economical. We use liners and since we have a high efficiency washer and dryer it really doesn't add that much hassle or water cost. It's just the time it takes to dry them. Being home more will be wonderful. I dream of the day my DH finishes college and I get to stay home full time instead of working full time. DH is lucky to be able to be at home with the baby though.

Our little bundle of joy is crawling! He'll be 8 months old next week. We had a wonderful Father's Day breakfast and it's still today so we'll be having more fun as the day goes on.

DizNee143
06-21-2010, 08:41 AM
YaY!!! Congrats!!!
soo exciting..hopefully this new job..granted is less money..it will work good with spending more time with you kids!! congrats on everything!!! :mickey:

Cheyenne is now 6 months!! well..really 6 1/2 months now..
shes getting soooo big!!
shes doing great with baby food..shes had..apples..pears..prunes..sweat peas..green beans..sweet potatoes..squash..
this weeks new food was the squash..so far the 2 times shes had it she seems to like it..next weeks new food is bananas!! then ill start buying the baby food thats a couple things mixed together..
she still keeps trying to crawl..its just not really working yet..she can do an army crawl..when she really wants to and tries..shes starting to kneel up in her crib so..the fun is starting to begin!
she absolutely LOVES her walker..shes all over the place in that!
at her 6 month check up 2 weeks ago she was 14lbs 4oz and 26 1/4 inches..
shes a tall thin girl..dont know where she gets it..
shes still teething like crazy..no teeth yet though..hopefully soon..

Lizzy
06-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Had my ultrasound today.....

IT'S A GIRL

I have no clue what I am going to do with a daughter! I have 2 boys. I am excited but very nervous! I am still measuring ahead of schedule, should only be 20 weeks and 5 days and I was measuring 21 weeks and 5 days! Puts me right about Halloween for a due date!

Joannelet
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Congrats on your girl to be!! :)

starryeyes21
06-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Congrats on your little girl!

My son just turned four months on Monday. Does anyone know when he should be rolling over. He went from tummy to back a few times but hasn't done it in awhile. The first day he discovered rolling he did it three times. Now, he won't do it at all. I put him on his tummy and all he does is hang out until he gets annoyed and cries. I'm worried that he's behind.

Also, he's not really laughing. He smiles a lot and at everyone but not so much laughing. Something has to strike his fancy just right and then he'll laugh. The other day my mother had him rolling in the aisles simply by laughing with him. I tried it and......nothing. Maybe I'm just not amusing. He gets really excited. His eyes gets real wide, he kicks his legs, and gasps, but no laughter. Should he be laughing more?

DizNee143
06-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Also, he's not really laughing. He smiles a lot and at everyone but not so much laughing. Something has to strike his fancy just right and then he'll laugh. The other day my mother had him rolling in the aisles simply by laughing with him. I tried it and......nothing. Maybe I'm just not amusing. He gets really excited. His eyes gets real wide, he kicks his legs, and gasps, but no laughter. Should he be laughing more?

my lil girl is 6 1/2 months and barely laughs also..i think ive heard a giggle maybe twice..and it was a short lil giggle..
when she is happy shes get the biggest smile on her face but never fully gets out a laugh..she will cough though..i figure every kid is different and eventually she'll be laughing at everything..no worries...:mickey:

Michelle15
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=diz_girl;2065393]Since this post has now moved to the Moms & Moms-to-be thread, then I guess that I should announce that we are expecting an addition to our family. :party:

:congrats: And Good Luck to you!:pixie:

Michelle15
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
DD 6 months has allergies; so I am told. We tried the liquid albuteral but that did not work. So now we have her on a nebulizer. She has been on it now for a week. I was just curious if anyone else has a DC on a nebulizer for allergies and for how long did you have to give the treatments?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give.

Georgesgirl1
06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Lizzy- Congrats on the girl! I know it will be a change, but think of all the cute clothes!!!

Starryeyes- I think Myers was about 8 weeks when he rolled over for the first time. He did it a few times and then went through about 2 months of HATING tummy time. He would scream and cry until we picked him up. I thought he would never learn to roll over. I also don't remember Myers being much of a laugher at that age. He has always been a smiley baby who eyes would light up when something would make him happy, but I don't remember the real laughter coming until later. Even now, he laughs more at DH than at me. I am just not as entertaining:confused:

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler today! I was kind of shocked that we heard it since I am only 10 weeks 1 day.

January-2007
06-26-2010, 07:06 PM
DS really started laughing while on our WDW vacation last month. He was 6 1/2, almost 7 months, and once the laugh arrived, he's been hamming it up ever since. It's really cute. He stood up on his own today for the first time. He is such a fast crawler. He is 8 months old now. So much fun to play with. He loves his board books and pretends to read them, although most of the time they are upside down. He loves being read to and exploring since he's so mobile now. He holds his own bottle sometimes and he likes his new sippy cup. He tries to crawl off his changing table at least once a day, so he's keeping us on our toes. Oh, and he absolutely adores Daddy's hat. We're thinking about when we want to start trying again. Life is exciting and I love my family.

starryeyes21
06-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Everyone tells me that I worry too much and DS is developing just fine. The day I posted the question about him laughing my mom was babysitting him and reported that he was cracking up. I hate when I miss stuff. I wasn't even gone that long. Luckily, the next day I got the same reaction by telling him that he was "Full of bologna!" and making funny faces. You never know what's gonna tickle a baby's funny bone.

We have our four month appointment on Monday and I am dreading it. More shots! The last time was so hard to watch. Those needles are so big and he let out a horrible scream when they stuck him. I felt so bad.

I guess we'll be talking about starting solids. Which I don't wanna do until closer to six months. He's doing just fine on formula. I do have questions about his intake though. I don't know it 25 oz is enough for a four month old but he doesn't seem to want to take anymore than that. I gotta tell you feeding has been the most confusing part of all of this. There is so much conflicting information out there and my pediatrician nver gives clear advice. :babyroll:

Georgesgirl1
06-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Starryeyes- If it helps, I always worry about Myers' development too. He is 17 months old and saying 20 something words with some two word phrases, which is normal according to what I have read in development books, but I still worry! Myers also NEVER drank more than about 25 oz a day (even when he was 7 or 8 months old). He drank expressed breast milk for the first 5 months and then switched to formula. He just never was and still isn't a big drinker.

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Wow it’s been a while since I posted. Things here are going great the kids are growing like weeds! Emme Just had her 4th birthday and Gavin’s 3rd Birthday is right around the corner. Emme just finished her first year of preschool and she loved it. She won’t be returning to the same school next year so I am a bit nervous, but I am sure it will all work out. Both of the kids will be going to the same preschool next year which is a huge relief for me. We thought that they would have to go to different schools or days of the week due to availability, but to our luck we found a school that would take both the kids on the same days. We recently discovered that Gavin is highly allergic to bee stings. It is a bit scary, so now I have to carry and epinephrine pen everywhere with me. I hope that he we never have to use it. Our summer so far has been wonderful. We just had a pool installed and the kids are loving it! So we have been spending most of our time outside.

It sounds like everyone’s little ones are growing and getting bigger right before our eyes. Welcome to the new mommies and congratulations to all the pregnant mommies. Keep posting I love reading about everyone’s growth and progress. Hope everyone had a Happy and Safe 4th of July! :flag:

DizNee143
07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
poor Cheyenne has her first cold! :(

for the most part she is being a trooper and is her normal happy self..

but that cough kills me! shes all congested..
i wish when i go to wipe her nose she would listen when i say blow..

hopefully she'll get better real fast!!

its really messing up her sleeping at night..

meldan98
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow - it has been ages since I posted last.

Kristen - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about your job. It is so stressful. Hopefully the new job will work out well.

To all those who are expecting Congratulations to you as well.

Lizzy - Girls are so much fun (for now). I'm sure that opinion will change when they become teenagers. :D I've got two and they are the light of my life. They are both Daddy's girls and it is so sweet.

My new job is good. I'm loving working from home. My DH is enjoying his job working from home as well. It is hard sometimes to stay motivated throughout the day to keep focused on work.

The girls are doing good. Abby starts 1st grade and has been going to day camp at our Parks and Rec department. She comes home exhausted, but it seems she is having a blast. Maddie is a handful and kind of reminds both my husband and I of the little boy in the movie "Parenthood" that would run around the house with a bucket on his head. I'm really hoping she gets some common sense soon.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Maddie is a handful and kind of reminds both my husband and I of the little boy in the movie "Parenthood" that would run around the house with a bucket on his head. I'm really hoping she gets some common sense soon.

Melissa, I know how you feel. Sometimes I look at gavin and I am like really Kid are you kidding me. Glad to hear I am not the only one that feel this way sometimes. Thanks for the laugh, it was just wat I needed toady:thumbsup:

-Thayre
Emerson and Gavin's mommy

January-2007
07-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Baby boy is just about 9 months old now and he's weighing in at just over 19 pounds. Doctor says he's doing well. He's standing up every chance he gets and enjoys walking while holding onto things. I love him. I am totally jealous of DH for getting to stay home with him while I work. He's doing full time school at the same time though, so he's got a lot on his plate. Life is a happy balance.

January-2007
08-06-2010, 07:31 PM
He's gotten 2 teeth in the last week! We are all so excited.

starryeyes21
08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
My sister and I are having an argument.

One of us says that a bottle should be given before cereal and it should be a full bottle, six ounces in this case. Then, after he is done with it he should get cereal.

The other says that half the bottle should be used to make the rice cereal mixture and then the rest, around three or four ounces, should be given to DS after he finishes his cereal. Meaning, no additional ounces added.

Which of us is right?

DizNee143
08-09-2010, 07:56 AM
My sister and I are having an argument.

One of us says that a bottle should be given before cereal and it should be a full bottle, six ounces in this case. Then, after he is done with it he should get cereal.

The other says that half the bottle should be used to make the rice cereal mixture and then the rest, around three or four ounces, should be given to DS after he finishes his cereal. Meaning, no additional ounces added.

Which of us is right?

im sure theres no right or wrong answer..
but i do it as i make the cereal with some of the formula from the bottle and then give my daughter the rest of it..so about 2oz in cereal and the rest she drinks (or is suppose to anyway..lol)
but my baby sitter does it the other way..she makes the cereal and makes a 7oz bottle..some how my daughter drinks more for her..and more power to her..my daughter is a peanut and could use some extra weight!

IloveJack
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow! I obviously haven't been around for a while. Took reading 3 pages of posts to catch up! Now that I'm back at school, though, I can read on a daily basis!

I can't answer on the GERD/Formula issue. I breastfed mine exclusively. I can count on one hand the number of times she spit up. Sorry.

Those of you whom are preggers, congratulations! DH and I are working on number 2, so I hope I can make an announcement soon, as well. We're shooting for a May baby, to work well with my teaching schedule. Of course, until it happens, we'll just "have fun practicing," as Derek on Criminal Minds says.

As for Sammie, she's doing great! She talks non-stop, is constantly happy, and loves exploring. Random strangers stop us and tell us how beautiful she is. Of course, I think so too, but I'm biased. :D She's still our little pixie; only up to 22 lbs and will be 2 in less than 2 months. I bought her some clothes for our upcoming Disney trip and got 18mo tops and 12mo shorts... I'll probably have to pin the shorts. We're working on potty training, but not hard. She goes by herself about 5 times a week, then we'll remember to ask sometimes. The rest, well, you know how that goes. I decided to lay off it for a while, til she gets readjusted to the sitter.

I can't wait to take her back to "the World." We're going for my 30th b-day this time, but she'll have just turned 2, too.

So glad to be "back." Missed you guys!

meldan98
08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi Susan, welcome back!!

Sammie is such a cutie. It's hard to believe the girls are almost 2 already.

We had to pin a couple of pairs of Maddie's shorts and just as a suggestion, you may want to just take a needle and thread and tack them instead. I've been poked to many times in the last 3 weeks, I'm going stitching them this weekend.

I hope school is off to a good start for you!

Melissa

Georgesgirl1
08-20-2010, 07:34 PM
We had our big ultrasound this morning and we are having another little boy! I have to admit that I am feeling a little sad that I will never have a little girl since this is our last, but I am excited that Myers will have a little brother to play with.

Lizzy
08-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Kristin, congrats on the boy!

I was a little sad when I found out I was having a girl instead of another boy, but I am starting to get excited now.

I am in the home stretch! I'm in the third trimester and things have gotten rough! I was in another car accident, but even before that I have had the worst hip/back/sciatic pain ever. I never had such pains with either of my previous pregnancies.

starryeyes21
08-24-2010, 11:47 AM
I have a quick question about nap time. I have a six month old DS and until recently I was letting him take him morning nap in my arms. Well, a week or so ago I decided that maybe this wasn't the best thing to be doing because he is getting older and the best place for him to nap would be his crib. Also, this is his long nap and I would end up holding him for two hours sometimes. Recently, we made the move to the crib for naps. It is taking him a long time to fall asleep. Usually between a half hour and forty-five minutes. I know he needs the nap but when he was taking it in my arms he would fall asleep right away. Now, he rolls around, plays with his toes, makes noises, puts the paci in and out of his mouth...etc.

Here's my question, do I take him out of the crib after fifteen minutes or so and assume he's not tired or leave him and let him fall asleep. He always does but I'm afraid that he's simply falling asleep out of a lack of anything better to do or boredom :bored:. I'm afraid that I'm being mean by not going to get him and doing something engaging with him.

He's sleeping right now....but he fought it for a decent amount of time. He never cries. Just plays. He probably won't nap again until 5pm after he wakes up from this one.

Georgesgirl1
08-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Starryeyes- Myers almost always plays in his crib before he falls asleep. Sometimes it is only for 10 minutes or so, but tonight he played for almost 2 hours before he finally fell asleep (from 8pm-10pm)! As long as your son is not crying, I wouldn't worry about it. It is good if he can put himself to sleep and keep himself occupied.

jenperich
08-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Hello all! I had my first OB appointment yesterday and I am due with my first child on April 11!! :cloud9:

We are also going to Disney in October, so we're very excited. Does anyone have any tips on special things a pregnant girl can do while in Disney? Also, because I refuse to waste $82 just to go visit Harry Potter when I can't do anything else, I'll be spending a day in "The World" by myself.

Thanks in advance! :mickey:

IloveJack
08-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Hello all! I had my first OB appointment yesterday and I am due with my first child on April 11!! :cloud9:

We are also going to Disney in October, so we're very excited. Does anyone have any tips on special things a pregnant girl can do while in Disney? Also, because I refuse to waste $82 just to go visit Harry Potter when I can't do anything else, I'll be spending a day in "The World" by myself.

Thanks in advance! :mickey:

First of all, :congrats:!
Secondly, you can do anything without a height requirement, while preggers in Disney. And believe me, we took our turning-1-year-old last year, and there's quite a few things you can ride. :mickey:

Kennywife
08-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi there all!!!! :mickey:

I've been so busy going to one dx appointment after another :ambal:, I have no privacy anymore!!!! :D

Oh well...

I was tested for everything: PCOS, infertility, etc. I am going to see the dx Wednesday to find out the results. I had an ultrasound last week and have yet to know the results, but it didn't look bad. :thumbsup:

I have high blood sugar. :ill: My mom has diabetes, so they're watching me. I am watching my sugar like mad and have lost down from a size 22 to an 18! :party2:

Kenny and I are moving to a new house! It's on the same block, so we're not moving far. We will have way more room now.

I have a new furbaby, Fernando. He is sooo cute! :puppy: He is a Chihauhua and is two years old.

Kenny and I are going to WDW Oct. 26-31 and staying at CBR. We are going to see WWOHP on the 29th. On the 31st, we're going on DCL till Nov. 4th! Kenny is super psyched and so am I.

That's what's going on here. Oh, I will be going back to school next semester. Taking a break this semester in case I have to have something done with the fibroids. :ack:

Great to hear everything is going well around here. ttfn,

Anna

Georgesgirl1
08-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Jen- Congrats!
We are going to WDW in October and I will be 25 weeks. This will be my second trip while pregnant. There is so much you can do! Just make sure you schedule in more breaks for yourself (sit down meals, shows, time at the pool, etc).

Anna- I hope that they are able to figure out what is going on. Good luck on the new house and moving!

Jeri
08-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Well it looks like I get to join this group. I am currently 14 weeks with our 3rd. I am due Feb. 25th.

I was told I probably couldn't have kids due to my PCOS, but much to my suprprise and the doctors I got pregnant 2 times before this.
I have a 13 yr old and a 7 yr old.

My family has been rather insensitive in their remarks because of my age. I am 41, and they feel I am too old.:(
Anyways my husband, and kids are very excited for the baby, and I am secretly praying it is a girl.
We leave for Disney in October, and I have never been to Disney pregnant, and I am a little worried about how it will go. But on a good note we will know the sex of the baby before we go.:thumbsup:
I may have questions from time to time since it has been so long since I have been pregnant, and so far this one is not anything like the other 2.

Kennywife
09-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Okey dokey, I wen to the dx yesterday and got the results.

The fibroid has grown slightly. I am having another ultrasound Oct. 19 (the week before we leave) to see how it looks. :ack: Oh welll..

It was discovered that I am insulin resistant. :( Just like mom. I also make too many male hormones. So, my dx put me on metformin to regulate me.

I was told to keep taking my sugar and watch my diet. I go back in March 1 unless of course I come back with one of these after our trip...:baby: :)

We're packing now to move into our new house. Looking forward to it. Lots of new room!

That's what's up with us. Sooo looking forward to Oct. 26th!!!! :mickey:

Anna

IloveJack
09-03-2010, 09:09 AM
It was discovered that I am insulin resistant. :( Just like mom. I also make too many male hormones. So, my dx put me on metformin to regulate me.

Anna, one good thing about metformin is that not only is it a great diabetes drug, it's also a fertility drug. My cycles were as regular as clockwork before getting preggers with my DD, as I'd been on Metformin for 12 years. I had to go on insuline (to safely get pregnant), and since getting preggers (almost 3 years ago), I haven't had even 1 regular cycle. So it works, for that much at least.
Here's hoping that Disney magic works! :mickey:

jenperich
09-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi all...I was really hoping to be able to take a "Babymoon" to WDW next month with our first child. But, now it looks like it will be more like a 2nd honeymoon, and not a babymoon. Found out I miscarried yesterday. So thanks for sharing my excitement before, and I'm sorry to add some sadness to this board. Thanks all for reading and "listening". :(

Emme&TeddysMommy
09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi all...I was really hoping to be able to take a "Babymoon" to WDW next month with our first child. But, now it looks like it will be more like a 2nd honeymoon, and not a babymoon. Found out I miscarried yesterday. So thanks for sharing my excitement before, and I'm sorry to add some sadness to this board. Thanks all for reading and "listening". :(

My thoughts are prayers are with you during this difficult time:hug:

jenperich
09-16-2010, 10:03 PM
My thoughts are prayers are with you during this difficult time:hug:

Thank you...that virtual hug means a lot! :blush:

Disney4us2
09-16-2010, 11:14 PM

So sorry for your loss:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jeri
09-17-2010, 07:02 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you during this time.:hug:

IloveJack
09-17-2010, 09:20 AM

I can't imagine your loss. My friend also just lost a baby. I've been praying for her family, and I'll add yours to my "list." :hug:

Kennywife
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM

I'm so sorry. Hugs.

Found out I can't take metformin. It causes grand mal seizures in me. :( So, I think they're going to do the u/s after I get back and go from there.

Anna

Georgesgirl1
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss.

tinksmom02
09-29-2010, 05:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Georgesgirl1
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Any advice for transferring from the crib to a toddler bed? Myers "big boy" room should be done in a few weeks and we are going to move him to the toddler bed that someone gave us. I am so afraid that he is just going to get out of bed in the middle of the night and play instead of sleeping. Any help would be appreciated!

bostonsam
10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Any advice for transferring from the crib to a toddler bed? Myers "big boy" room should be done in a few weeks and we are going to move him to the toddler bed that someone gave us. I am so afraid that he is just going to get out of bed in the middle of the night and play instead of sleeping. Any help would be appreciated!

I am having a problem in this area with our 3.7yo already tried him in a "big boy" bed for several months now and he wants to sleep in his bigbrother's room,together,and that is starting to not work with them keeping eachother awake,so for 1 last try going to put his bed in oldest's room and see how that goes

Jeri
10-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday and we are having a Girl!! :princess:I have 2 boys- 13 & 7 and never in a million years thought I would get a girl. My husband was so happy and surprised.

Everything looked great but they said she had a slightly thick Nuchal fold. Normal is between 4 and 6 and hers is 6.4. I have to see a specialist so they can do a different type of ultrasound and see it better. I guess that is one of the things they look for to indicate Downs Syndrom, but they also said all the other markers they look for are not there, plus baby wasn't being very helpful and it took the lady about 15 minutes to even see that part of her neck. I had read on a few different sites that any measurments after the 14th week were not valid and shouldn't be done.
I had refused all the blood work and amnio prior to this because I didn't need the stress and actually it doesn't matter we are just blessed to have another baby. They just want to check it better since I am "advanced maternal age" I'm 41 yr old.
So I am so excited and happy to be having a girl,:cloud9: and we leave on the 15th for Disney so I can finally shop for girl stuff, but I am still a bit worried about what the specialist is going to say.
If you have any extra pixie dust I could use some . We are hoping to get the ultrasound done before we leave next Friday.

Emme&TeddysMommy
10-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Jeri Congratulations!!!! Little girls are so much fun:thumbsup:

Lizzy
10-09-2010, 09:52 PM
jenperich, I am so sorry for your loss. I know all too well what that is like. Hugs and prayers for you.

Sorry for the long silence all, things have been crazy busy! I am now 37 weeks, baby girl can come any day! I have had tons of braxton hicks, and I keep getting the feeling like tonights the night, but then, all goes away when I go to sleep. Oh well. Technically have 2 1/2 weeks to go still so, I just need to learn some patience!

We still haven't decided on a name. I think we are leaning twords Abigail but have no clue for a middle name. I am so ready to have this baby. My first two pregnancies were a breeze. This one has been really rough.

January-2007
10-10-2010, 02:44 PM
My son is walking a lot. He still crawls and falls a lot but he's definitely walking. He's almost a year old already! Time has gone by much too fast. He is getting to be so much fun to play with. He's trying a lot of new table foods and gives us lots of funny faces. We're having ice cream cake for his birthday party. Life is grand.

IloveJack
10-12-2010, 02:47 PM
We leave for Disney in 3.5 hours... but that's not why I'm posting. We have been trying for number 2 for a while now with no luck. When I woke up this morning, I thought, I'll take a test just to make sure, before we leave for disney tonight. Guess what, it was positive. I was shocked, so I went to the store and got another one just to make sure. Yep it was positive, too. Guess that means no big rides for me this trip. But that's okay. My cycles have been so irregular that I didn't figure it would happen anytime soon, so I'm happy and the rides can wait!
I'm glad we're meeting up with our friends now, so my husband can ride with them. I don't mind spending time with our daughter who just turned 2. I called today to get a doctor's appointment, since I am high risk, and they made it for November 9th. Due to my 45 to 60 day cycles that I've had since my daughter was born, I will have an ultrasound that day too, as my LMP won't give an accurate due date.
The really cool thing is that our 2 year old shares my birth month, and this one should share my husband's.
By the way, Sammie had her 2 year checkup yesterday. She now weighs 23 pounds, and is 2 feet 9 inches tall. My husband wanted to dress her as Tinkerbell again this year for Halloween, as she fits the part so well, but I decided she needed something different, so she is going to be Cinderella. But she will always be our little pixie, and now she's going to be a big sister!

Emme&TeddysMommy
10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Susan that is so exciting!!! Hope you have a great trip. Good things do come to those who wait:cloud9: we want to see picture and updates when you get home. Hope you have a safe trip:mickey:

Georgesgirl1
10-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Jeri- Congrats on the baby girl. I will be sending prayers your way that the specialist finds that everything is okay.

Lizzy- How exciting that your little girl will be here any day!

Susan- Congrats again! I hope y'all had a great time on the rest of your trip. Sammie is so cute!

We just got back from Disney. We stayed at Kidani Village which was amazing. DH and I think it is by far our favorite place we have stayed! We were able to watch the animals off the balcony from our room. Myers loved it and cried when we closed the door to the balcony! He also loved the monorail. Everytime he would see it, he would keep saying, "monorail, monorail!" Luckily we have the monorail to go around our Christmas tree, so we will have to get it out for him to play with!

Myers all of the sudden started talking about a storm. I had been a little concerned about his speech since he has always been on the low end of speech development for his age (but the high end for everything else). After stalling out at about 25 words he has shot up to over 70 words in the past 2-3 weeks. It seems like everyday he is learning two or three new words!

meldan98
10-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Susan - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you had a wonderful time at WDW.

We are having issues transitioning Maddie to a big girl bed as well. We've had it in her room for a few months now, but she flips out everytime we try and put her in it. We never had this trouble with our oldest.

We are also having issues with her sucking on her middle two fingers. Up until recently, we weren't too concerned because the dentist and dr. both said it wasn't a big deal, how however, she has rubbed a blister on it and we can't keep it out of her mouth. We tried band aids, guaze and tape and she manages to peel them all off in less than a minute. Any suggestions?

Lizzy
10-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Baby Abigail is here!

After a rough last few weeks of pregnancy, she is finally here! Satuday the 16th, I woke up in more pain than ever. No contractions just really achy and off feeling all day. Took my BF to work, and took m 2 year old for a donut. I walked around Walmart, hoping to kick start some contractions. Nothing. So I went home and just was lazy rest of the day. I felt horrible and even bending to change my 2 year old was excruciating. So mom came and got him. (my 11 y/o was at his dad's for the weekend) I went to pick up my BF from work around 6:30 and the contractions started on the way. I timed them but they were 10 minutes apart just like they had been every night that week, so I thought nothing of them. We went home and made pigs in blankets and watched the whole race. By the end of the race the contractions were getting rough and had moved to 7 minutes. I said, let's go get checked, just to see where we are.

Thank goodness I did. I thought I would be checked and sent home. But I was at 4 and baby was breech. So I had to have an emergency c-section. The c-section went great, I had an embarrassing panic attack while going numb, but then found it wonderful :blush: They gave me a spinal instead of the regular epi since it was sugery. Baby Abigail was born at 2:22 am Sunday Oct 17. She was 7 lbs and 9.5 oz, 20 inches long. My biggest baby so far. And I was only at 37 weeks according to my original due date. She was jammed way up in there and there was no way she would have been born naturally. She is so beautiful. Most c-sections mean a 4 day stay in the hospital. I got to go home Tuesday morning.

Since the pregnancy was so rough, the recovery has been easy and the baby has been amazing. I am getting more sleep now then I was before! She is just an angel and I am loving having her here.

Disney4us2
10-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Baby Abigail is here!

After a rough last few weeks of pregnancy, she is finally here! Satuday the 16th, I woke up in more pain than ever. No contractions just really achy and off feeling all day. Took my BF to work, and took m 2 year old for a donut. I walked around Walmart, hoping to kick start some contractions. Nothing. So I went home and just was lazy rest of the day. I felt horrible and even bending to change my 2 year old was excruciating. So mom came and got him. (my 11 y/o was at his dad's for the weekend) I went to pick up my BF from work around 6:30 and the contractions started on the way. I timed them but they were 10 minutes apart just like they had been every night that week, so I thought nothing of them. We went home and made pigs in blankets and watched the whole race. By the end of the race the contractions were getting rough and had moved to 7 minutes. I said, let's go get checked, just to see where we are.

Thank goodness I did. I thought I would be checked and sent home. But I was at 4 and baby was breech. So I had to have an emergency c-section. The c-section went great, I had an embarrassing panic attack while going numb, but then found it wonderful :blush: They gave me a spinal instead of the regular epi since it was sugery. Baby Abigail was born at 2:22 am Sunday Oct 17. She was 7 lbs and 9.5 oz, 20 inches long. My biggest baby so far. And I was only at 37 weeks according to my original due date. She was jammed way up in there and there was no way she would have been born naturally. She is so beautiful. Most c-sections mean a 4 day stay in the hospital. I got to go home Tuesday morning.

Since the pregnancy was so rough, the recovery has been easy and the baby has been amazing. I am getting more sleep now then I was before! She is just an angel and I am loving having her here.

:congrats: Glad you are both doing fine. :welcome: and Happy Birthday Abigail.:party2:

IloveJack
10-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Congrats, Lizzy! :baby: :babyroll: :baby:

IloveJack
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday. I thought I was a little further along, must've taken the test right after getting pregnant. :D My due date is June 26. Of course, with me having diabetes, the baby will probably be born somewhere around the 20th, if he/she stays that long.
Sammie went with us, and she enjoyed getting to see the "baby," although I'm sure she didn't understand why we thought the little "blob" was a baby.
We don't plan to make it public til Christmas, though, as so many of my friends have miscarried this early. So I'll just share here. :secret:
David (DH) is happy to have a baby share his birth month, since Sammie shares mine. Kinda cool how that worked out.

Emme&TeddysMommy
11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Susan so happy for you. Did Sammie have fun in Disney?

-Thayre

IloveJack
11-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks! She did. She didn't like the characters with masks up close, but had fun interacting with them from afar. She loved everything else. It was a great trip!

Lizzy
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Congrats Susan!

Baby Abigail is growing like a weed! She gained almost 2 lbs and grew 2 inches already! She giggled in her sleep the other night, it was the cutest thing. She smiles alot, I know she is only 3 weeks old but these have to be real smiles, not just gas smiles.

Georgesgirl1
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Congrats Lizzy!

Susan- I think Myers finally got that there was something going on once my belly started to get bigger. He really looked at us like we were crazy when we got all excited about the ultrasound at 8 weeks! Some of the kids in my class still don't believe that I have a baby in my belly.

I am officially in my 3rd trimester and am really starting to feel tired and worn out by the end of the day. I have been taking extra hours at work to make more money for maternity leave, but it is starting to drain me! I just keep reminding myself that by working the extra hours now I will be able to stay home for longer once Jacob arrives.

Kennywife
11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Congrats everyone!

Well....I'm going to go see the RE and get the fibroids removed. I think it's time. As scared as I am, I'm ready.

Then, we're going to be starting ttc again! :cool::baby:

Anna

Emme&TeddysMommy
11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Anna I'm sending you a little pixie dust :pixie: for good luck!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
11-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Congrats to everyone and good luck to anyone TTC.

After about a year of trying my husband and I have finally conceived our first baby! We are 8 weeks along and got to hear the baby's heartbeat on Friday. Might I say that was exciting!!!!

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on something because we are having a hard time deciding on when to tell everyone. Right now the only ones that know are my parent's and DH's parents. My DH's Mom is very excited and already spilled the beans to his one Grandmother! :secret:

So should we tell everyone at Thanksgiving before more people find out or wait until Christmas and I'm done my first trimester?

Thanks everyone!

Georgesgirl1
11-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Pastcastmemberdaughter- Congrats! It is really up to you as to when you tell people. With ODS we told my parents, ILs and our siblings at about 8 weeks. We waited to tell everyone else until after my 1st trimester. This time around we told my parents and ILs at about 6 weeks and everyone else at 10 weeks (just b/c we had a big family get together around that time and knew we wouldn't see them again for several months).

Anna- Good luck with the fibroids procedure!

IloveJack
11-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on something because we are having a hard time deciding on when to tell everyone. <snip>So should we tell everyone at Thanksgiving before more people find out or wait until Christmas and I'm done my first trimester?

That's a very personal decision, I think. With my first, we found out Jan.26, went to our first appt. Feb.4 (was 6.5 weeks along) and told everyone the next day. However, I'm high-risk and it's kind of hard to hide an every-2 week-doctor's appt.
With our second (I'm 10 weeks now), we have, so far, told our parents, grandparents, my siblings (aren't as close to his), and a couple of very close friends. I've had a few friends miscarry lately, and I'm just not ready to deal with that publicly. I may not have to (please, God), but if so, I don't want to have to tell the world that I'm no longer pregnant. Understand?
I will be a day from 14 weeks at Christmas, so that's when we plan to make it public. I've been blessed to be able to schedule my doctor's appts on school breaks, so far, so no one's the wiser. And truthfully, the longer we go without telling, the easier it seems to be.
Then again, both of our moms have slipped and told someone else... which is annoying... it's our news to tell! I threatened them if they told anyone else. :thedolls:

Mickey052501
11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant very excited!!

IloveJack
12-01-2010, 10:57 AM

:babyroll: :congrats: :babyroll:

This nausea is killing me. I'm not throwing up often, but I often wish I could. At my appt last Wed., I had lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I've probably lost more since then. But I just can't seem to eat. I can't remember if it was this bad with my first, or not, but last night, DH said, "I swear, you're not getting pregnant again! This is ridiculous!" :blush: I wouldn't eat dinner (had a migraine anyhow), and then when he begged me to try the homemade sausage he was making (I gave my most pitiful face, but he was frustrated and I felt sorry for him), I promptly threw it back up.

I only gained 26 lbs with Sammie, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to lose that much with this one! I'm 10.5 weeks, so I'm hoping it lets up soon!

Emme&TeddysMommy
12-04-2010, 02:46 PM

:babyroll: :congrats: :babyroll:

This nausea is killing me. I'm not throwing up often, but I often wish I could. At my appt last Wed., I had lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I've probably lost more since then. But I just can't seem to eat. I can't remember if it was this bad with my first, or not, but last night, DH said, "I swear, you're not getting pregnant again! This is ridiculous!" :blush: I wouldn't eat dinner (had a migraine anyhow), and then when he begged me to try the homemade sausage he was making (I gave my most pitiful face, but he was frustrated and I felt sorry for him), I promptly threw it back up.

I only gained 26 lbs with Sammie, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to lose that much with this one! I'm 10.5 weeks, so I'm hoping it lets up soon!

Susan, I felt the same way with Gavin. My pregnancy with emme was great! Maybe this time it's a boy? Hope you feel better soon!

Mickey052501 Congratulations Welcome to the mommy club! Can't wait to hear about all your baby updates!

mimi78
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
So glad I stumbled upon this thread! I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child, and currently have a Disney trip planned for the long weekend in January. We are DVC members so have been countless times before, but I’m nervous as to my endurance for the long days and travelling required within the parks and resort. We are staying at OKW so will have to take the buses, but we are on the waitlist for the BW and BLT which I feel would be better locations for me in terms of parks and meals. We are going with extended family including 3 kids under the age of 17, and even though I clearly won’t be able to keep up with them I’m just hoping that I’ll be able to sustain the daily grind. Right now I can barely get through the workday and go to bed by 8pm. I know I can take it easy in the parks and I certainly don’t need to do everything, but the last thing I want to happen is to lose steam while I’m there and miss out on dinners and experiences with the family. I’m hoping my energy level will get better but either way, does anyone have any advice on how to handle Disney while pregnant?

DizNee143
12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
So glad I stumbled upon this thread! I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child, and currently have a Disney trip planned for the long weekend in January. We are DVC members so have been countless times before, but I’m nervous as to my endurance for the long days and travelling required within the parks and resort. We are staying at OKW so will have to take the buses, but we are on the waitlist for the BW and BLT which I feel would be better locations for me in terms of parks and meals. We are going with extended family including 3 kids under the age of 17, and even though I clearly won’t be able to keep up with them I’m just hoping that I’ll be able to sustain the daily grind. Right now I can barely get through the workday and go to bed by 8pm. I know I can take it easy in the parks and I certainly don’t need to do everything, but the last thing I want to happen is to lose steam while I’m there and miss out on dinners and experiences with the family. I’m hoping my energy level will get better but either way, does anyone have any advice on how to handle Disney while pregnant?

first off congrats! :D
im sure your energy will come back..and youll be able to have a great time! i went last Sept (2009) when i was 30 weeks pregnant..i just had to take a few more rests than i usually would..but otherwise i was fine..granted every womens pregnancy is different..but i really think youll be just fine..have fun!!

Emme&TeddysMommy
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Just wanted to send a :newyear:out to all the moms!

I also have a bit of exciting news to share..... no not baby news, but I am returning to work. I got a job offer that is perfect for our family. I get to still stay home with the kids and work afternoons/nights. My MIL will watch the kids for 2.5 hours until the hubby get home. It's perfect its only 3 days a week for 15 hours. It's a bit scary returning to work after 4.5 years, but I can't wait! I love the kids but mommy needs a break also. Not to mention it will be nice to have a little erxtra money again. I guess I will start saving for our next Disney vaction:mickey:. Wish me luck I start in 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great holiday! The kids had a great time opening presents and it was nice to finally see my husband. During the holiday season he works 55+ hours a week so we don't see him much. The kids are sucking up every moment with daddy they can:thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy , New Year!

-Thayre