PDA

View Full Version : Sommerfest Reviews....

ravsluvdisney
01-02-2010, 09:50 AM
My DW and I are always trying to come up with somewhere new to grab a nibble. My DW heard thru a friend recently returned from the World that the little Sommerfest eatery in Germany has great bratwurst and pretzels for a quick bite. Never thought of going in there - is it worth a stop? :beer::eat:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-02-2010, 10:58 AM
It's just fine! We had a quick lunch there on a couple of trips and it was yummy. I wouldn't make a special trip for it, but if you're in the area, it is worth the stop.

Maleficent_vf
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
The Black Forest jelly roll is yummy, as is the cheesecake. We also enjoyed the hot dog and kraut...didn't try the bratwurst.

Maleficent's Dad
01-02-2010, 08:24 PM
The Brats are great, but your cardiologist might advise against more than one! ;)

They serve beers as well as wines here. It's a delightful spot with outdoor seating. We skip it in the summer, as it's often too humid to munch on Brats in the sweltering heat!

ElenitaB
01-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by Sommerfest a few years ago... I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up back there one of these days (like maybe in a week or two). We'd give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
We love the Brats and kraut!We make a point of going there everytime!

Genie1953
01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Well we love a good Brat.....we may have to try one there.....although I must say that we are going to have to go on a serious diet once we get back home from our trip. We are on the dining plan and have 2 extra ADR's made which we will pay out of pocket for in addition to the alotted number of counterservice meals and all the snacks! Oh well.....we will walk off alot of those calories while visiting the world!

BigThunderFan
01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I might consider myself a brat and kraut snob mostly because I'm half Polish. I didn't think they were great, but they were decent for a quick meal. The atmosphere was pretty cool, and like others have said, the dessert is well worth it. Plus you can get a nice souvenir glass with your beer.:thumbsup:

Figment!
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Have had a Brat mit Kraut and an Optimator (:beer:) there, it was a nice quick meal.

DisneyorBust
01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Sommerfest is a must do for me each trip. I have the Brat and Kraut, dark mustard of course. It goes especially well with a :beer: :D
Enjoy!

Ksmith75
01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
We love the Brats....and I got to eat one without a problem...since I had my gallbladder out one month to the day we went to disney last year!!!!