PDA

View Full Version : Anyone love Pop and POFQ?

Belster
01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
So we are Pop people...we just love how alive this resort is. We love the themes the noise...it just feels so Disney when we are there.

We would love to try POFQ....I would love to hear from people that like both resorts. What do you like about POFQ?

I am asking because for our last trip we decided to stay at CSR and just did not like it for us...nothing was wrong with it but it is just not our type of place. I am looking for a place that will give me the same feelings as Pop but with a little more bells and whistles...

Any thoughts are appreciated..

kakn7294
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Pop and POFQ are our favorite resorts in their categories. POFQ is much quieter than Pop - although we didn't really find Pop to be a noisy resort. POFQ is small and easy to navigate. The food court and shopping no where near compare to Pop but are nice. The pool has a sea serpent slide that kids enjoy. The rooms are larger at POFQ (and I definately noticed this when we stayed at Pop while Mom was at POFQ and I drove her "home" one night) but the beds are the same size. The fridge and coffeemaker are nice to have too. We didn't like CSR either. I feel the staff at POFQ takes much more pride in "their" resort than the folks at CSR which felt too business-like to me.

Oh, and the curtain separating the sink area from the rest of the room at POFQ is nice too - I can get ready while my kids still sleep.

gueli
01-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I ahvent stayed at pop, but recently stayed at POFQ.
I agree with kakn7294 (pp) that the staff takes pride in their resort. The place was very clean, the CMs very nice and mouskeeping was extraordinary.
I have stayed at a number of places over the years (PoR, wilderness cabins, carribean beach (way too big), and the Poly). FQ would be my moderate choice, especially based on our last trip.
The thing that stands out most to me- the small size of the place. Everything in comfortable walking distance. Only 1 bus stop.

the negitives are as Kakn noted- the gift shop is not large, nor is the dinning area (but they had plenty of choices)- and DtD is a nice scenic boat ride away.
I would not hesitate to recommend POFQ to anyone.
Good luck

disneymom15
01-02-2010, 09:42 AM
We generally stay at the value resorts. Our favorite is POP. My husband and I stayed at POFQ in Sept for our anniverary. We really enjoyed it and would stay there again if the rate $$ was cheap enough. I also agree, the food court is a bit small. Would have liked more options.

Pirate Granny
01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Yep...these two are our favorite resorts also. You will like FQ for the size, pool (hot tub, rather small, but does have one), I found the shop equal to that at CSR...I thought that the CSR was more geared to adults and business travellers...although at CSR the sliding doors, rather than the curtains that separates the room and bathroom was nice...but...we really just sleep in the room...so...if there is a 'deal' we stay at FQ if not, were very happy with Pop...
:pirate:

Crow
01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Ive stayed at many of the resorts. Pop is my fav value & POFQ is my fav mod.
the smaller size of FQ is nice along w the boat to DD. and u can walk to Riverside.
Pop has theming, Icees for the refillable mugs (its a good mixer) and the locations of both are good.
last trip is was FQ. this coming trip Pop. although if i could afford it id trade up since its my GF first time

Belster
01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks a bunch for all of the info!!! Keep is comin...:mickey:

disneydeb
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Didn't I read that Pop took the icees out??

andreallybadeggs
01-02-2010, 04:26 PM
We've stayed at Pop and all the mods-- enjoyed them all although of the mods we would choose one of the larger ones. POFQ's small size does make it convenient but we like taking nice long strolls. Then again, having POR as a sister resort gives you that option. Beignets and pm jazz music are nice touches. Have to say, though, that if you didn't really care for the CSR and you love Pop I'm not sure you'll find any of the mods worth the extra $. If you get a deal, though, try it and report back.

Belster
01-02-2010, 07:33 PM
We've stayed at Pop and all the mods-- enjoyed them all although of the mods we would choose one of the larger ones. POFQ's small size does make it convenient but we like taking nice long strolls. Then again, having POR as a sister resort gives you that option. Beignets and pm jazz music are nice touches. Have to say, though, that if you didn't really care for the CSR and you love Pop I'm not sure you'll find any of the mods worth the extra $. If you get a deal, though, try it and report back.

Yeah I was afraid of not liking any of the mods. Maybe I have to save more money so I can go delux...:mickey:

Melanie
01-03-2010, 04:59 AM
I can't think of a comparable moderate, or deluxe for that matter, to POP, and definitely not French Quarter (we didn't really care for it). It's very small and quiet.

bxrluv
01-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I would stay at either again in a heartbeat. My kids loved both. I loved the quaintness of POFQ and they thought having a hot tub was cool. The best thing was having the bus pick up @ POFQ first. Since its a smaller resort we almost always had somewhere to sit. Of course we were there right after a hurricane so that may have something to do with it.