PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past

Disney4us2
01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
With this being a new year. I was thinking about all the changes of past Disneyland attractions.

This is what I remember:
The sky ride through the Matterhorn, The Pack Mules, Country Bear Jamboree, The original submarine ride, The People Mover, Monsanto, a boat ride where the smoking area is now. A second autopia, Carosel of Progress/America Sings. Rocket Rods (which I never got to ride) I am sure I left some attractions out.

What do you remember? What do you miss?

I miss the people mover. That one brings back memories of times with my mother. It was one of her favorites besides Small World and POTC.

Tinkerbella
01-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I too miss the People Mover :( Also, I miss the 'old' Pirates! I really am not a fan of the changes they've made over the past few years. Despite my love for Johnny Depp :blush:

MegaDisney
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
The attraction I miss the most is America Sings. I love that the animatronics found a home on Splash Mountain, but I really miss the Carosuel show.

I also miss Rocket Rods. I was a lot of fun. Could have been better if it wasn't built on the cheap after the GM sponsorship fell through.

I have to mention Adventure through Inner Space. As a child it FREAKED me out! "MAGNIFICATION..."

Disney4us2
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I have to mention Adventure through Inner Space. As a child it FREAKED me out! "MAGNIFICATION..."

My favorite part was when the eye was looking at you under a microscope.:)

LibertyTreeGal
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I loved America Sings!!!! And Bear Country Jamboree (fortunately I have both on CD).

I also remember train ride through nature's wilderness, or whatever it was called, but probably the one thing I would most love to see is the original Golden Horseshoe Review!

ozmom
03-02-2010, 06:19 PM

This ride will always hold a special place for me as it was on this ride that I had my first real kiss as a teen. I believe this is true for many... :secret:

robnadina
03-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I miss the skyway ride over the park. When we were there a couple weeks ago and went on Casey Jr. I got a little excited to see the building still there and hidden behind the trees.
I also remember the Rocket ride and the Mission to Space I think it was called. I remember sitting in that huge room and how real it felt when you took off.
I am so glad that Capt Eo is back, cant wait to get down there and see if and feel like I am 10 yrs old again.

EPCOT84
03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
1. Mission to the Moon (before Mission to Mars)
2. People Mover
3. Skyway
4. Adventure Thru Inner Space
5. Upjohn "pharmacy" on Main Street (those neat mini glass curio jars of vitamin samples)
6. GAF store on Main Street
7. The flower market
8. Tomorrowland Terrace stage as it was before
9. That Frito chute thing
10. The Character Shop