PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in Nov / Dec

pirateyankee80
12-31-2009, 06:44 PM
:mickey: My DF and I are heading to Disney World right after Thanksgiving, 2010. We have been to WDW many times before but never at this time of the year and are looking forward to seeing Disney World decorated for the holidays. We are staying at the Beach Club, where we have been staying our past few visits. We love the convenience to EPCOT and Disney Studios, as well as their pool. We think their pool is the best in all WDW. I would like to throw something out for an opinion: Since we have not been to WDW during the winter months, how often will we be using the pool, if at all, or if it’s even open? I had been thinking that it will not be swimming season, maybe stay at a resort with a lower scale pool. I got out voted, (not that my arm had to be twisted very much). If I could hear from some of you folks who have been to Florida all year round, it would be helpful.
:number1: I think that INTERCOT is the most helpful web site I have come across in a long, long time. I love reading the posts and we are getting excited already Thanks……….………..Oh yea, HAPPY NEW YEAR !

:mickey:

DVC2004
12-31-2009, 07:37 PM
The pools are open all year and heated. If you want to swim it's your call. We were just at WDW in mid-December and there was a couple days of near-record heat (84 degrees). My kids did swim, the water felt a little too cool to me but they enjoyed it.

LuvAllPrincesses
12-31-2009, 08:50 PM
We were just there the week after Thanksgiving, and the kids swam nearly every day. I was also "sunning" a few afternoons myself. We went the first week of December three years ago, though, and the kids braved the pool once when the temp almost reached 70for one day. It seems so hit and miss in December from one year to the next.

Strmchsr
12-31-2009, 09:49 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

As others have said, swimming is always possible with the heated pools. The issue is more whether you freeze between the room and the pool as late Nov/Dec is notoriously fickle on the weather. You might have a high of 80 or one of 50 or both in the same week. You just never know until about 4-5 days before you leave.

TammiMcMan
12-31-2009, 11:03 PM
We usually bring terry cloth bathrobes down to the pool when we're there during the cooler months. As pointed out, because the pools are heated, that's not the issue, it's the cold air when you get out :freeze: .