PDA

View Full Version : 1st time for my 13yr old son @ Disney

spaceymarie
12-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Any suggestions on things my 13 yr old son would like to do? It is just my bf, my son & myself that are going march 17-22. I have looked for places to eat and things to do and all i find is princess themes. Please help! thank you !:mickey:

fanofdisney
12-31-2009, 03:44 PM
We have a 14 and 12 yr old DS and a soon to be 7 yr old DD. I know what you are talking about. There seems to be a lot for girls of all ages but boys can be a bit tricky. My 14 yr old DS does not like a lot of attention from the characters, I think it makes him feel childish but on the other hand my 12 yr old DS can't get enough so I guess it depends on how you think your son will be. If ok with characters my 12 yr old likes the Garden Grill in Epcot the best of all the character meals. My 14 yr old likes 50's Prime Time Cafe and Rose and Crown. This time we are going to try Teppan Edo and Tutto Italia in addition to the others.
Also for something new for them to do this time while I take my DD to do something special my DH is taking the boys on the Aqua Seas Tour in the Living Seas. On that tour they will go snorkeling in the big tank. I would love to do this with them too but there is a minimum age and DD isn't old enough. There are a lot of other tours you can do if that is not of interest. Then of course I would definitely have him look over the rides at each park to make sure those are top priority on your list to do each day. Also the water parks are a blast especially for teens. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I am sure someone else will come along with great ideas.

Tick-Tock
12-31-2009, 04:05 PM
DisneyQuest
Rent a Sea Raycer boat
Parasailing
Dine with an Imagineer

Look in Intercot's "Info Central" section for more information on these and other activities (especially the tours available to a 13 yo).

Tink#64
12-31-2009, 07:00 PM
I too have 12 & almost 14 yr old DS's & we've been visiting WDW since they were 4 & 6, & yes there's way more girl specific things there, but my guys always have an awesome time! We now like to try new adventures each trip & we've found that they really like Disney Quest at DTD, The ESPN Club for dinner at the Boardwalk, the Sci Fi Dine In Theatre at DHS, putt putt, the LEGO store at DTD is a hit for us no matter the age! We're planning to rent the water mice during our next trip, & I think they will love that! Dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe is family fun - but loud & crowd engaging! My DH's love riding the monorail & using the WDW boats for transportation - this gives a very different perspective of the lay of the land at WDW! All fireworks, but prob mostly Fantasmic! If you have any questions you can always PM me. Good luck & I'm sure your DS will have a great time! :mickey:

sisterslovindisney
01-01-2010, 08:41 AM
We have two boys 15 and 12. They love ToT, RnRc, Kali River Rapids and any other thrill type ride. They also love just walking around and seeing the shows. My youngest loves the pool and both like the aracade. They are excited about building the virtual rollercoaster at EPCOT this year too. They can't wait to do PotC (it's been down for refurbs both of our other trips). There is also the new TRex restaraubt in DtD and I know my youngest will love that. We bought them pressed penny books for this trip so that will keep them occupied too. Your son will love it!

Disney4us2
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
:welcome: to Intercot

I have a 10 yo daughter who is not into the princesses anymore.

There are a few non princess character meals (that I know of) like Chef Mickeys and Garden Grill at Epcot.

All the previous posters have great ideas.
Your son will have a great time:mickey:

LVT
01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
He might want some solo riding. It 's Spring Break
and there will be many his age. He can go on Space mountain alone 4x in a row. He can get fastpasses from your tickets and go more often.
I had my sons learn their way around, then turned them loose.

Goofy Texan
01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
My DH's love riding the monorail...

So...how many husbands do you have? ;)

Rekenna
01-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi! All good tips from other Intercotee's. I have 3 boys and we went to T-Rex at DTD-it's like Rainforest Cafe, only Dinosaurs. Now I realize not all guys are into Dinosaurs, but DS11 loved it as did the little guys. DTD in general is pretty neat. DS11 liked looking at the trading pins. Of course the more thrilling rides at all the parks-RnRC, ToT, EE. Something else DS11 loved was mini golf and the arcades at the resorts and of course the pool! DS11 is starting to act too cool for school when it comes to WDW-which is fair, we can't all be WDW freaks! But, he still really enjoys it-I hope your dude has a great time. He's probably really excited to be going. I know I was the first time I got to go when I was 12, and they didn't have all the princess/fairy stuff then either. Have fun! Boys rule-girls do too!:mickey:

disneygirl87
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Dine with an Imagineer

This is kind of random, but can you really still dine with an Imagineer? If so, how do you sign up to do that? And is it hard to get a reservation?

Tick-Tock
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
This is kind of random, but can you really still dine with an Imagineer? If so, how do you sign up to do that? And is it hard to get a reservation?

The info is here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/animator.asp) (in Intercot Info Central).

I ran an internet search fairly recently and it seems like the program's still going on (it's on WDW's website).