PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Question

ffrda
12-31-2009, 01:33 PM
We are staying at the WL and have 8:15AM reservations for the Liberty Tree Tavern character breakfast, and the MK opens at 9AM. If the boats/buses start 1 hour before park opening (which would be 8AM) we would only have 15 minutes to get from the WL to the LTT for our 8:15 seating.........any suggestions????? I'm not confident this is enough time.

16 days until we hit the "World" !!!

faline
12-31-2009, 01:45 PM
There are generally buses that run beginning around 7 a.m. to get folks to early my dining reservations. The last time we had an early a.m. dining reservation and stayed at Wilderness Lodge, we were able to get an early bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center (not sure if they go there any longer) and could get on the monorail from there. There may be early buses that go directly to the park.

You can also take a cab to the Ticket and Transportatin Center. Cabs are readily available outside the hotel. Just ask a bell person to hail one for you.

At the Ticket and Transportation Center, we had to provide information about our dining reservation before they'd allow us to board the monorail.

starrmomof2
12-31-2009, 07:43 PM
We had early breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace both times we stayed at WL. We enjoyed taking the boat to the Contemporary, then riding the monorail to MK. This is a great time to ask about riding up front also. My boys thought it was a great way to start their day when we did that our first trip.

diz_girl
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
You could also take the boat to the CR and then just walk to the MK. If the local monorail is just leaving the CR just as you get there, it may be another 10+ minutes until it shows up again. So a stroll to the MK might be a nice alternative.

ffrda
01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I think a couple of you may have missed my point. What I'm concerned about is if the FIRST bus/boat of the day doesn't leave until 8:00AM, I do not think we will make our breakfast reservation at 8:15 (Liberty Tree Tavern)....no matter where it leaves from.

Hopefully Faline is correct and they have early buses/boats just for this reason. My plan is to check with the concierge in the WL when we check in the day before just to make sure.

Thanks!

KylesMom
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
While we've never taken the busses to MK, we know that the boat from WL to CR begins at 7:00 am just for this purpose - early ADRs at Chef Mickey's! :mickey:

It was also our experience this past summer that the boat directly to MK did not show up until approximately 30 minutes before park opening . . .

BigThunderFan
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
We had early breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace both times we stayed at WL. We enjoyed taking the boat to the Contemporary, then riding the monorail to MK. This is a great time to ask about riding up front also. My boys thought it was a great way to start their day when we did that our first trip.

As much fun as it was to ride up front, I don't believe that will be back anytime soon if ever.:(

TheDuckRocks
01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
I think a couple of you may have missed my point. What I'm concerned about is if the FIRST bus/boat of the day doesn't leave until 8:00AM, I do not think we will make our breakfast reservation at 8:15 (Liberty Tree Tavern)....no matter where it leaves from.

Hopefully Faline is correct and they have early buses/boats just for this reason. My plan is to check with the concierge in the WL when we check in the day before just to make sure.

Thanks!

Faline is correct! They do start running breakfast busses to the parks shortly after 7 AM. We make sure we are at the bus stop right at 7 and have always been on our way by 7:20. Depending on which resort you are staying and which park you are going to, they will have a bus or busses if needed to get you to your breakfast for an 8AM reservation.

CleveRocks
01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
The buses start running even earlier, around 6:30 -ish. They make it so that you can get to a 7 a.m. ADR at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

They start running this early every day of the week, for all four parks.

The only difference between the very early buses and the rest-of-the-day buses is that the very early buses don't run as often ... they run about every 30 minutes instead of every 15-20 minutes.

Seen them. Rode them.

DizneyRox
01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I also wouldn't worry too too much about missing an ADR by a few minutes. Stuff happens, they know that...

kemps@wdw
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Boats leave the WL dock starting around 7am going to the CR. From there, it's just a short walk to MK.

mom2morgan
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't have exact times - and asking the concierge is a great idea - but I do know that when we stayed there in December we had no trouble getting a bus early enough to get from POR to an 8:00 am reservation at Chef Mickey's. If all else fails, a cab really is a do-able option. We screwed up our ressies one evening and showed up at Cape May - only to find we had a reservation that night at Ohana, with only 15 minutes to get there! No way to do it by bus, but they were able to hail us a cab immediately and we got there in 5 minutes, and it only cost about $10

ffrda
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Thank you to everyone who replied, I appreciate the feedback!! We leave in less than a week now, and cannot wait!!

1/16 - 1/23 Wilderness Lodge !!!!!

CleveRocks
01-10-2010, 10:29 PM
While at WDW, if you have any transportation questions, PLEASE don't ask any of the resort cast members, including those at the Lobby COncierge desk.

Instead, ask bus drivers and boat operators. THEY are the only ones who truly know for sure. Outside parks and at the TTC, you can identify bus drivers by their costume ... they are the only ones wearing purple pants.