PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Info On Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

goofyfan4466
12-31-2009, 06:56 AM
My family is going to disney world in may for my twin daughters birthday. ( the big 15 ).is the hoop dee doo worth the prices ?how is the food ? is it a buffet ? any info or reviews would be greatly appreciated.i need to be convinced . thank you in advance.

DizneyRox
12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
For us, the Hoop Dee Doo is a must do at least once a trip. We always pay OOP as none of the two credit options are really worth two credits (not that I think the DDP is a great value in general, but that's another topic).

It's all you can eat family style. I really like the fried chicken, and the ribs are finger licking good. The strawberry shortcake is a very yummy dessert as well.

The show is somewhat corney and has some audience participation.

I couldn't bear to miss it while on vacation...

gerald72
12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Its all you can drink also- alcoholic drinks included.
I went with my ds6. We were on the delux ddp, so we weren't exactly starving when we went. He wasn't hungry so I ate All the food myself. I think they gave us as much as they did a table of four.
It's a fun show, but I didn't think it was as great as people make it out to be.

faline
12-31-2009, 01:05 PM
The food is served to you at your table, family style.

We've always enjoyed the show. It's a very enthusaistic and fun performance filled with lots of corny jokes. Most people enjoy it quite a lot though I have run into a few folks here and there who were not impressed.

I can't remember how many times we've been since we first went thirty years ago!

ElenitaB
12-31-2009, 05:01 PM
HDD is a fun, family-friendly experience. As the parent, you may enjoy seeing a fuss made over your DDs' bday (they, of course, will most likely be very embarassed :blush: :blush: but isn't that one of parenting's little, guilty pleasures ;) ). We haven't been in a while, but we did find the food to be quite good.

Disneypixie513
01-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I love HDD! It's one of my favorites. The food is so yummy, and the show is hilarious. The cornbread is my absolute favorite. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Our family is a fan of HDD! In fact, we're planning a January 2011 trip for DH's birthday and he has already chosen HDD for his birthday dinner.

The show is quite entertaining, really funny and a lot of fun. The food is good, and served to your table, family style, all you can eat. We've always enjoyed the meal (and DH likes the all you can drink beer).

Hope you enjoy the show :mickey:

d_m_n_n
01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
We went for a second time about three weeks ago and very much enjoyed it! Especially since DH was invited on stage :funny: . For your DDs birthdays, it will be great. And definitely worth the price of admission to see it at least once!!! As others have said it is all you can eat (and drink) and the servers are very good about bringing seconds or thirds of whatever you want! Your tummies will definitely be hurting when you leave...from being full and laughing too hard!!! :D

HoosierDisneyFan
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I have taken my son (who was 9 at the time) and my mother (60+) both truely enjoyed the show & food. My son & I are going to WDW again in late March and he wanted to go to Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue again!

FYI Good corn bread!