PDA

View Full Version : Best lunch in MK?

tadcd
12-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Please tell me the yummiest place for lunch in the MK. I know that this is influenced by preferences. We prefer not to eat fried food, no children so characters not a preference for us.

thanks,
Teresa

Disney4us2
12-31-2009, 03:11 AM
For TS I would go with Liberty Tree Tavern.:mickey: DD and I mainly had lunches at CRT when she was into the princesses.

dizne4me
12-31-2009, 08:56 AM
I have to agree with the previous post -- Liberty Tree Tavern. Me and dd had the Pilgrims feast (turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans) it was delicious and very filling.

faline
12-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Plaza Restaurant is also a nice choice.

disneymom15
12-31-2009, 09:41 AM
We also like the Plaza, and it's not too pricey. Their homemade potato chips are yummy.

Darbylew
12-31-2009, 10:15 AM
We like the Plaza and Liberty Tree. For quick
service and great food we like Pecos Bill's and
Cosmic Ray's. Tony's is good as well. :mickey:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP NOVEMBER 2009 :thumbsup:
NEXT TRIP MAY 2010 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN :mickey:

AdventurerKim
12-31-2009, 10:16 AM
Liberty Tree is great for TS, but we love the Harbor House for CS. Their clam chowder is awesome, and the tuna sandwich is really good.

MOJoe
12-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Even without kids, the Crystal Palace is a great place. I love the variety on the buffet. Lots of salads, fresh carved meats, and hot entrees. And of course you get to choose some of the many delightful deserts.
You may have to make your way around a troop of kids following Tigger, (or join in!) but this has always been one of my favorites for lunch on property.

bruin1344
12-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Never tried any of the table services. I like Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays, and Columbia Harbour House. All 3 have alternatives to all fried foods.

MickeyMousse
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
For TS, try Liberty Tree.

For CS, our favorite is Cosmic Rays. Very good selection and IMHO, the best toppings bar! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd go with the Plaza for TS and Columbia Harbor House for CS with Pecos Bill's a close second.

LudwigVonDrake
12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I "found" the Plaza on my last trip and it is now a must-do. Good stuff :tasty:

JenniferS.
12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Not so many choices at MK for dining. I'm not sure when you are going, but I think Crystal Palace will be closed and the characters are going to be over at Liberty Tree Tavern, so that is something to consider. I agree w/ Harbour House, they have great selections for a cs place. We always eat there.

wdwfansince75
12-31-2009, 01:47 PM
For CS, Columbia Harbor House is a good choice...always open seating upstairs, clean, and decent food. For TS, we like the Plaza....Indoor or outdoor seating....but for quick meals, particularly on days we had a character breakfast, we love Casey's.....Since DW is a smoker, she relaxes at the smoking area, between the Plaza and the water, while I do a food run to Casey's....Decent food, never crowded, right in the middle of the MK.

ElenitaB
12-31-2009, 04:57 PM
For a TS lunch, my choice would be either The Plaza (if only just for their tomato soup) or LTT. They're both really good choices.

BigThunderFan
12-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Another vote for LTT. This was one of our best meals when we were there last time. We are skipping it this time to try some new places, but we are also not eating at MK this time at all.

#1donaldfan
01-01-2010, 12:06 PM
LTT is the best table service with Tony's coming in a very close second...

Columbia HH has to be my favoirte CS, but it's the "fried" food that keeps me going back, so it may not be to your taste (fish n chips)...so, I'd say the next best CS would be Casey's Corner, their hot dogs are excellent..!!!:cool:

KylesMom
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Our favorite TS location in the MK for lunch without characters is The Plaza Restaurant. Little or no waits, great sandwiches, pleasant service, moderate prices and wonderful desserts. :mickey:

As far as Counter Service is concerned, we also gravitate towards Columbia Harbour House.

Gator
01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Plaza Restaurant is great if you're not on the DDP. It's a mid-grade diner - not fast food and not fancy sit-down. It costs a TS credit on the DDP, which is not worth it. But if you're paying out of pocket, it's worth it.

luvdiznee
01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
LTT!:number1:

SillySymphony
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I agree with the previous poster who noted that MK isn't the place for a great meal. That being said, what I might suggest is for you to access the Menus section here:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

Troll around for what floats your Riverboat, then consider asking for opinions on that particular spot. We all have our faves. Our students love Cosmic Ray's, but-then again, as a confirmed Sonny Eclipse fan... I completely understand..!

Genie1953
01-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Table Service - Liberty Tree Tavern
Counter Service - Columbia HH

SubNET3
01-03-2010, 11:28 PM
I'd say Pecos Bill's and Harbor House for CS, but why not just hit Casey's Corner and grab a few dogs w/onions yum!

Loweschevy
01-04-2010, 09:37 AM
We love the Plaza. Sandwiches like clubs, Philly cheesesteaks, grilled Chicken or ruebens with German Potato Salad. They also have soups, salads and many tasty desserts.

Schmiv
01-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Even without kids, the Crystal Palace is a great place.

I have to agree with this. I loved the selection at the buffet and the quality of the food. The character interaction may not be important but this is one place that the character interation did not intrude on the dining.

I happen to LOVE Winnie the Pooh so the Character interaction was important to me, not so much to my DS' or DH. :secret:

Enjoy!:cheers: