PDA

View Full Version : Peanut rice at Boma

disneyfanfromoz
12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
We only ate dinner at Boma one night (we had breakfast there many times) as they had a peanut rice. The chef was wonderful and did walk around and say what was safe to eat and what to avoid and of course even though the items directly beside the rice were safe, we wouldn't take the chance of eating them incase a stray grain of rice had dropped into the dish.

So even with the wonderful Chef, it was still a nervewracking meal, worrying if somebody had accidently dropped any rice into another dish or sauce. The anaphylactic allergy is an airbourne and trace allergy (had a reaction from a grain of salt from a peanut).

I just wondered if they still had the peanut rice on the dinner buffet there?

LoriSan
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
I know when I ate at Boma in mid-Sept they did not have the peanut rice. I went there specifically looking for it because it was my favorite thing there.

ElenitaB
01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I do understand your concern about cross-contamination, but do not think it would have been a problem to ask to be served from a tray in the back prior to its being put on the buffet. True, not as convenient as serving yourself from the buffet, but it would have given you a way to feel safer. I do hope you shared your concerns with the chef. It may be something they had not taken into consideration.