Mickeydream
12-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Our cast consists of:

Me: (Grammie) Mickeydream Linda 50ish :secret:
DD: mickeymousedabomb Marcy 30ish :blush:

DGD1: Katina (13):princess:
DGD2: AJ (7):princess:

Day 6

This morning our day started a little bit later with b’fast at Everything POP. (Thank you, Marcy for the extra 45 minutes!!) We got to DHS very soon after rope drop and made our way immediately to Toy Story Mania. As you can imagine the line was long, but we decided to make a go of it anyway. We LOVE this new attraction! The queue is so fun with Mr. Potato Head and all the oversized toys. Marcy was the winner that day, but Katina and I made up for it on subsequent rides.

The girls were really into pin trading this trip so a trip to “The Hat” was a must. Katina used some of her money to purchase surprise package pins, a pin trading carrying case and a pin trading book. Her primary goal was finding the monorail pins…to her the ultimate find. She ended up trading for two more monorails during the trip, which was a highlight for her. :cheer:

We checked in with the Muppets, which I have always enjoyed. I love those old codgers in the box seats!! We went to the Magic of Disney Animation next where AJ saw the Up characters, and Katina and I tried our luck with animation. This was a lot of fun! :number1:

We had pre-arranged a meet and greet with mousetrapper and her family at The Great Movie Ride at noon. The line was a bit long for Carl and characters, so I hurried over so they knew we had not stood them up. We chatted a few minutes getting acquainted and then my gang showed up. We all got in line for the ride with a minimal wait and AJ loved the Wizard of Oz portion of the ride. I’m a Casablanca fan, so you can guess my favorite part. After the ride, we parted and went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which is a great show.

We had lunch ressies for 50’s Prime Time and waited only a few minutes for a table. :eat: Our server was terrific and throughout lunch called Marcy “New York” whenever he passed our table. At one point, he called out very loudly, “Hey New York, you are not listening to this joke over here!” We had a lot of fun and many people were scolded at different tables around the room for various reasons…elbows on tables or not eating their vegetables, etc.

After our filling lunch, we watched Beauty and the Beast show with seats right in the middle. The costumes are so beautiful and AJ is a big Belle fan. We headed over to the Studio Backlot tour, which was a first for us. We decided that it is something we would pass on our next visit to WDW. Katina and I got in line for RNRC while Marcy and AJ watched the parade. The timing was perfect and we met back at Toy Story Mania with our FPs for another go at it. Katina and I made great gains over the first time and even AJ improved a lot.

We were late arriving at the first showing of Fantasmic and had to stand in the back left to see the show. Needless to say, we really could not see and that was a disappointment because I just love this show. We did not have another opportunity to see this again, so next time we will plan that better.

Our dinner ressie at Shutters was for 8:00, so we left the park after the show and arrived in time to be seated right away. The meal was very good and we just love the CBR (we stayed there 2 years ago). After dinner, we walked around to see the new pool, which looked like a lot of fun. We got back to POP about 10:30 and once again, I had tired feet.

Day 7

Originally, we had set this day aside as a Blizzard Beach day. However, it turned out to be a day with a high of 72 or so. Knowing the weather in advance, we decided to cancel our b’fast ressie the night before for ‘Ohana and sleep in a bit (8:00am!!). We ate at Everything POP and headed over to MK.

We wandered around and rode many favorites again along with COP, which was a first for us. This time was a bit slower and my feet were grateful for that. We went to Liberty Square to check out the Hall of Presidents that Marcy had missed on our last trip. While we were in the area, we checked out Tom Sawyer Island, another first. We went around in circles a bit, but enjoyed the raft ride over and back. On the Riverboat there was a lively and colorful performance for the upcoming “The Princess and the frog” movie.

I can’t remember where we had lunch, but afterwards we headed for an afternoon at Epcot. We enjoyed Figment, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Living with the Land. We had fun finding Hidden Mickeys again and enjoyed the unusual style of greenhouse growing.

We had talked about the possibility of staying at Coronado Springs at one point in our planning. When we decided to extend our trip a few days and stay at POP, we still wanted to see what that resort looked like. So, it made perfect sense to make a ressie for Maya Grill for dinner. While the décor is nice and the fountain in the lobby is impressive, we did not enjoy our meal there. We also wanted to see the pool because all of the pix we have seen are so cool. Well, the pool is a long walk around the other side of the lake so we chose not to venture over there to check it out.

Marcy and Katina headed to MK for a few hours and AJ and I headed back to the resort for much needed sleep.

Next up—Day 8 another Epcot day

faline
12-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Two more very fun days for your group! You certainly do cover lots of touring ground during your days! No wonder your feet are tired!

pdrlkr
12-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
01-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Marcy actually let you sleep in on Day 6, huh? :thumbsup: It didn't seem to matter, for you guys covered a lot of ground at DHS. Isn't TSM a hoot? Bummer that you weren't able to see Fantasmic well - this is a show that definitely takes more planning than most.

Day 7 brought MK, EPCOT and a side dinner trip to CSR? Wow! I think after all of the walking earlier in the day, I wouldn't venture around the lake, either. Another great couple of days, Linda! :mickey:

Cindysprince
01-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Pin trading is such fun! Our kids have their favorites too...anything pirates. Sounds like a fun time at 50's Prime Time. Need to be on your best behavior, I'm in trouble then. We plan to try it on our next visit. Everyone is raving about the Toy Story Mania, can't wait until we get to check it out. :mickey:

yjgirl32
01-04-2010, 08:41 AM
I have bought some pins for our trip in Oct incase my ds6 wants to give it a try. Thanks for the report.