PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Thanksgiving Mini Trip Part V

Beach Club Babe
12-29-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry for such a long delay.

It seems as though we have just arrived, but it is already time to leave! That happens so often, but it is especially felt since our trip was so short.

We have slept in a bit, and are now almost in a rush to make it out of the room by 11:00 AM. I think I will stick to getting up early. Finally, after gathering our things, we head to the food court and grab a quick bite. Although we must check out, we have no definite time limits today, so it is off to the bus stop and some shopping at Downtown Disney. As we arrive at the bus stop, we are spotted by one of Ashleigh's friends. This is the 2nd trip in a row, where we have seen someone from home, having never had that happen before. Courtney exchanges a few words with her as she remembers her from being on the HS swim team during Courtney's senior year.

Once at Downtown Disney, I cannot help but make some new ornament purchases. Those in tow, we move on. Ashleigh has asked us to try and find something Miami Dolphin related while we are in FL for her boyfriend for Christmas. We try Team Mickey, but have no luck, as we have off property as well. We browse in Once Upon a Toy, but find nothing that we must have, so we move on to World of Disney. Here, we make a ton of purchases, go figure. It takes a while, but finally we emerge and find ourselves hungry already, so we hop over to Earl of Sandwich and satisfy ourselves.

We continue on to West Side in hopes of finding something for Matt as we haven't found the right gift for him, but we strike out. Courtney also strikes out in finding something for her boyfriend as well. The men are just out of luck on this trip!

It is really getting kind of late and we must still return Courtney to school. Back to the resort we go to pick up the car. We hit the road and are back in Melbourne in what seems like 5 minutes to me, as I had fallen asleep. Back at her room, we unload her things and she wants to have dinner before we leave so we head back out. Everything that strikes our fancy, has a huge wait, so we opt for Applebee's. I think we should have waited as the food was not that great. I do not eat much and give mine to Courtney to have for lunch the next day.

Finally, we must say goodbye to Courtney, but at least it will be only 2 weeks until she returns for Christmas break. That long dreaded drive now awaits. This time we take our usual wait and encounter no troubles all the way back. We arrive the next afternoon about 3:00 PM.

vizsla
12-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
12-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Some really successful shopping even if you didn't find all you wanted!

KylesMom
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm sure that once you returned time absolutely flew by and Courtney is home now! LOL

Thanks as always for sharing your trip with us, Heather! Hopefully the next one will have more of the family with - and more time to enjoy! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the reports!
I enjoyed the trip!:D

pdrlkr
12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
01-03-2010, 05:20 PM
It is always so hard when these trips come to an end...long or short.

Thanks for sharing your time with us Heather!

I always enjoy reading your reports!

Julie:mickey: