PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Online Check-In Question

HMFan
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Maybe am I worrying too much...but want to be sure. We go in 6 days (wooooooooooo!) and I just did the surprisingly fast online check in procedure. There was not much to it!

My concern is the Park Hopper passes that are part of the package we booked. Nowhere in the online check-in process are passes mentioned. If passes are paid for and part of my package...AND I supplied my confirmation number (1BRXXXXX) during online check-in...can I assume that the passes will automatically either be on the room key (or at least in the folder I'm to receive at check in)?

I'd hate to assume and get to the parks and find the keys have no passes on them....and I would hate to do this work to avoid standing in line at check in counter only to find the passes did not make the folder and then stand in line for those anyway.

Long winded question...sorry....

faline
12-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Passes are always provided at the time you arrive at your resort. My understanding is that, even with on-line check-in, you will still interact with a real person when you arrive so if there are any issues with your packet, you should be able to address it right there.

Fangorn
12-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, everything that is a part of your reservation should be in your packet when you arrive. You will still talk to a CM, they will go through all the items in your package and you can ask any questions you have.

The only real differences between the on-line checkin and normal checkin, is that the process is faster because they already have your credit/debit card number, the various documents are printed already and the packet is already assembled. It can save save you quite a bit of time.

We've used it twice. Once we needed to change location of our assigned room (we'd asked for a ground floor room for medical reasons and were assigned 2nd floor at POR - AB). There wasn't a problem doing that at all, but it did take a few minutes to find a suitable room. The other time I was in and out in less than 5 minutes

I'm sure this isn't always the case, but both times I've used the on-line checkin, there was no one waiting in that line when we arrived (mid-afternoon) but the regular check-in line was pretty long.

Don't fret about it. Just ask the CM if you're concerned about something (and bring your reservation documentation). Chances are, though, that the CM will verify all the pieces of the package before you have a chance to ask.

Have a great trip!

Steve
:mickey:

HMFan
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Thank you both. I assumed it would be there automatically but looked for reassurance.

Thanks for your quick input! :mickey: