PDA

View Full Version : Key Things To Do For 2-Day Visit?

Morgannnn
12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
In March for our Spring Break, my boyfriend and I are planning on going to California and stopping at Disneyland for two days... I was just wondering what your suggestions for rides, places to eat, etc. that we should make sure we go to while we're there! Thankssss! :mickey:

NewDVCowner
12-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Two days is a good amount of time and you should be able to do everything. Take advantage of the extra magic hours, if you can, otherwise get there in plenty of time for opening. Generally I go to Space Mountain first, get a fast pass for that, go on the ride, head over to Matterhorn and go from there based on where I feel like. When I was there in December it seemed that the lines for Pirates and Haunted Mansion were pretty short more of the time, so don't feel like you have to rush for those. Indiana Jones seems like it's always down in the morning so if you head over there first thing have a back up plan. Big Thunder seemed to have no more than a 15 minute wait, however that can always change. I guess this is my way of doing it. Get in early, hit the big ticket items, Space, Matterhorn, Big Thunder and Indiana. Do Splash with a fastpass, you probably don't want to be soaking wet first thing in the morning and the fastpass for that ride is pretty much the best one in terms of time saving. I don't know if it's something you'd be willing to do, but I go with my sisters and we save a lot of time by doing the single rider option whenever it's available. Indiana Jones, in paticiular, gets you on fast and 9 times out of 10 we're all in the same car, if not in the same row anyway. If you want to do the rides in Fantasyland go there first. I can knock all of them out in less than an hour if you get there right at opening. Peter Pan seems to be the one that gets a line soonest, so hit that one first, then Mr. Toad, the rest of them should still be pretty empty by the time you're finished.

California Adventure opens a couple of hours later than Disneyland, Head over there when it starts to get crowded at Disneyland. It always seems pretty empty to me, however if it's a hot day be aware that that park gets really hot. A lot of concrete, few trees. Tower of Terror is awesome. I ride that many, many times on a trip. Grizzly River Run is another single rider option that can get you on fast if you choose. I didn't do it this last trip since it was rainy and cold already and I didn't want to get wet (you WILL get wet). Toy Story Mania is the new ride there and it's fun but the line is very long and there's no fastpass. If you want to ride it get to DCA when it opens and head over there first. Screaming is right next to Toy Story, there is a fastpass for that one and a single rider option. Honestly, aside from those two rides I'd avoid the pier area in general. There aren't too many rides, mostly 'fair rides.' There are a lot of places that you can pay money to throw hoops over milk jugs to get a prize and stuff like that. Waste of time and space. Soarin' is okay, but it is EXACTLY the same as the ride in Disneyworld (or, I should say, the ride in Disneyworld is exactly the same as this one) so if you've been on that and you're okay with skipping it I wouldn't waste time on it.

In terms of places to eat I would really recommend the Mexican place next to Big Thunder. Big portions, good food and the prices seem reasonable for what you get. You can re-fill you drink there if you buy one. Blue Bayou is a neat atmosphere but pricey for what you get. If you want to go there, go for lunch. Get reservations ahead of time and make it for the first seating (which I think is 11:30) and you'll get a seat next to the water. No where in Disneyland, except Club 33, serve wine. If you want a nice meal with wine I've heard really good things about Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, but I haven't been there myself.

Most of all enjoy yourself. You'll have time to do everything you want to do.

Aryn

Disney4us2
12-30-2009, 12:05 AM
NewDVCowner gave a great run down on the Disneyland Resort.

We usually start at Tomorrowland for fastpasses to Space Mountain. Head over to Finding Nemo Submarines. This is Disneyland's newets attraction. We then head over to BTM ride there, and then Haunted Mansion. Around 10 am we head over to DCA.

Disney's California Adventure opens at 10am. We get fastpasses to Soarin over California, on our way to Toy Story Mania. My DD also likes to play at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail or as she refers to it as Brother Bear. DD and her friends also take advantage of the single rider lines. Also at DCA in the Hyperion Theater they have the musical Aladdin. It is truly worth seeing. Also in that area is ToT and Monsters Inc. Monsters Inc is cute, more for kids. Around 5pm we head back to Disneyland to ride more attractions and eat dinner. We use all the fastpasses we collected earlier in the day to be used at night time.

My recommendations for dining are varied. Our AP group like to eat at the Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel (you can enter the hotel right for DCA near Grizzly River Run) for lunch. They have great nachos. Sometimes we will go to the Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel. I love the food there. Were were there for the buffet character breakfast 2 times this month and loved those meals too. At Disneyland we usually eat at the Plaza Inn. The fried chicken there is very tasty. We usually try to time it while the parade is waiting to start or going on. The crowd comes right after the parade.

Hope this helps a bit. Have a great time:mickey:

Disney4us2
12-30-2009, 12:12 AM
I forgot about Fantasmic. If it is playing while you are going to the Disneyland Resort, there are 2 shows one at 9pm and the second is at 10:30pm. I would do the second show. A lot of guests line up very early for the first show leave after the fireworks at 9:25pm. You could probably get a great view at the second show without waiting for hours. Fantasmic is shown at the Rivers of America. The best viewing for the fireworks is at the hub in front of the castle. I have seen guests finding a spot for the fireworks right after the parade is over.

NotaGeek
12-30-2009, 05:00 AM
In March for our Spring Break, my boyfriend and I are planning on going to California and stopping at Disneyland for two days... I was just wondering what your suggestions for rides, places to eat, etc. that we should make sure we go to while we're there! Thankssss! :mickey:
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

2 days is plenty of time to see everything ... so do it all! Hopefully you will hit a time in March when the parks are open into the night and you will be able to see fireworks and Fantasmic! ... but just an FYI, weekends during March are always pretty busy with people taking advantage of Spring Break, and during the middle weeks Monday-Thursday can be super busy as well.

There are a ton of great places to eat, are you looking for counter service, character meals, table service? There's lots to choose from! Be sure and check out the dining section in the Resort Guide for Disneyland, it's pretty up to date and should give you some ideas.