PDA

View Full Version : What is a pin code and how do we get one?

disneyprincesses33
12-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Just wondering how to get a pin code from disney?

Strmchsr
12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Register on the Disney World website and complete your profile. Once you've done you'll be in the loop for pin codes. Doesn't guarantee you'll get one. They are sent based on a criteria no one knows. I went 7 years without getting one then have gotten several each of the last 3 years.

faline
12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
It would be nice if anyone knew the answer to that question. Clearly, it is targeted marketing of some sort on Disney's part. However, no-one knows who Disney is marketing so there's no sure-fire way of receiving one.

kakn7294
12-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Do as Strmchsr suggests and register for Disney's website then request a Disney Vacation Planning DVD. I can't guarantee that you'll get one for sure but I've requested the DVD several times and after each request, I've gotten a pin code shortly thereafter. It can't hurt to try.

CanadianWDWFan
12-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Funny thing is, we get pin codes for Canadian residents as well as Florida residents.:confused:

For years we never got any but in the last year we have received at least 6 of them.

Genie1953
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
You know I am a Disney.com subscriber and have also subscribed to every Disney related newsletter imaginable....have ordered the Disney Vacation planning videos every year for the past 7 or 8 years....have ordered merchandise from Disney.com numerous times.......and have never ever received a pin code. Sooooo depressing!

wdwnomad
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I hear a new trick that seems to getting a pin code is of course registering with Disney. Then log-in and play with pricing out vacations. Save one or two of them. Then a week or two later you will get a pin code.

Doing this worked out for me. I got a pin for most of 2010 saying here is a pin for your package. It had the hotel and dates I was playing around with in the email.

javamama
12-29-2009, 10:47 PM
I've register, and gotten several dvds over the years and never gotten a pin code. We've stayed at the resorts over the last 3 years also and no pin codes, so who knows!

Genie1953
12-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Register on the Disney World website and complete your profile.

Well gosh....I read this and thought to myself....you know you haven't looked at your profile lately, maybe you should update it......Well imagine my surprise to find a verrrrrrrry old email address, no mailing address, and no phone numbers. The email address is at least 8 or 9 or even more years old. Well no wonder I am assuming that I haven't gotten any pin codes because they didn't know where to send them. I am registered on the website with a user name login rather than an email so that is why I didn't catch that the email address was incorrect. As I said in an earlier post...I am subscribed to several Disney newsletters under my current email and...I have requested a Disney Vacation Planning video every year for a number of years....which leads me to believe that they must be using information in your profile to randomly select who they send the pin codes to. I really did not have any information in my profile so there was no way to send me a pin code even if they wanted to...at least I hope that is the reason I have not received a pin code. So the moral of this story is....go to Disney.com and make sure your profile is accurate and complete.

Tink#64
12-30-2009, 12:57 AM
I've heard before that to increase your chances, log in on the Disney offical site often, as well as requesting the dvd's or even the maps, as long as you are making some kind of contact & getting your name out there to Disney on a regular basis. We have received a few pin codes over the years and this year we are finally able to use one! I received the deal, which I believe is still open to the public, but it is extended on my offer, save 30% on values, 35% on mods & 40% & deluxe. We booked yesterday! We had priced it out on the Disney site & this is saving us about the cost of 3 nights, so pretty mush the same as last years offer of buy 4 & get 3 free. I'm so happy that we're going again in '10 & we got to use the pin code we received! Keep at it, and hopefully an offer will come soon! Make sure like Genie1953 said & update all your info on the Disney site so they can find you! :mickey:

disneyprincesses33
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
just wanted to thank you all for your responses. i ended up signing up for all the disney mailings, dvds, saved itinaries, etc... so hopefully we'll be put on their pin code lists.

BMan62
01-11-2010, 06:37 AM
just wanted to thank you all for your responses. i ended up signing up for all the disney mailings, dvds, saved itinaries, etc... so hopefully we'll be put on their pin code lists.

Just don't hold your breath waiting....We have been registered, saved possible itineraries, ordered maps/planning DVD's/etc. and in 7 years have received one (1) pin code and it was not one we could use.

mom2morgan
01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Funny thing is, we get pin codes for Canadian residents as well as Florida residents.:confused:

For years we never got any but in the last year we have received at least 6 of them.

huh - I've never seen one for Canadian residents. What kind of deal does it offer - maybe just dollar on par? For us getting a pin code would be really nice, but the BIG expense will always be the air travel :-(

CanadianWDWFan
01-14-2010, 08:51 AM
huh - I've never seen one for Canadian residents. What kind of deal does it offer - maybe just dollar on par? For us getting a pin code would be really nice, but the BIG expense will always be the air travel :-(
Some of the codes that we get say that it is exclusively for Canadians. Nothing about at par just discounted rates on the rooms.

I am not saying that all our codes we get are for only Canadians just that we get them as well as the regular codes as well.

As for the airfare, have you tried flying from US cities insted. We have found flying from Buffalo for us sure does save us a lot.