PDA

View Full Version : 2011

tinkfan2
12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
We are planning a 10 day trip in 2011 for January or Febuary. What is the best time to go in that time frame and also are there usually any deals for this time. What is your favorite resort in the moderate range? Our group is me, dh, mil, dd5.

thanks

faline
12-29-2009, 09:17 AM
The holiday crowds wil probably die down after the 2nd in 2011. Generally, any time during January through the first two weeks of February will be a good time to visit. Crowds will be low to moderate but weather is iffy. You might get excellent weather with day-time temps in the 70's or it could be cold enough to require coats and gloves (or some combination all in the same trip).

There are often discounts offered during this time of year. I'd suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) who will be sure to keep track of discounts as they come available and will apply them to your existing reservation (if you have one). Discounts will be posted in the Accommodations forum as they are announced.

My favorite moderates are Port Orleans - French Quarter (very charming) and Coronado Springs (a moderate with many of the features of a deluxe).

Dyanna
12-29-2009, 09:54 AM
We too will be going in Jan of 2011 from the 8th to the 15th. Def use Magical Journeys. They are great! We stayed at POFQ & loved it. Did not like the look of POR & everything is so close to the bus stop & food court it does not matter what building you are in!

Gator
12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Anytime during Jan or early Feb is good from my experience. However, expect plenty of things down for renovations. It's definitely lower crowds, but you'll get some fire in your belly if your favorite ride is down.

I love Coronado Springs. It's had a great theme and great landscaping. A lot of people love French Quarter, but I've yet to try it. I will one day, but it usually isn't part of the discounts.