PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scenes tour of Tower of Terror

Zawadi
12-29-2009, 07:06 AM
I've read on another discussion board that Disneyland Paris has started to give a Behind the Scenes tour of Tower of Terror 1 hour prior to park opening.

Does anybody know if WDW is planning to do the same as ToT is my favourite ride?

Captain_Nemo
01-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd figure that would be included in the "Backstage Magic" tour that gives you access behind the scenes at all four parks.

aurora, ariel, and bell
01-04-2010, 07:49 AM
What is the backstage magic tour? I've only heard of keys to the kingdom?

Captain_Nemo
01-04-2010, 09:00 AM
err 3 parks Animal Kingdom not included. MK,DHS, and Epcot. It is a 7 hour tour that cost about $263 per person. I was going to do it on my trip this week, til I found out the cost lol. I opted for Keys to the Kingdom instead. ($64 w/ Disney Visa discount %20 off)

"The Backstage Magic tour is a 7-hour adventure across Walt Disney World Resort that provides a detailed peak behind the magic at Epcot theme park, Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park and Magic Kingdom theme park—including access to the legendary underground Utilidors.

Guests must be at least 16 years of age or older - photo identfication required.

Discover the secrets that make the magic of Walt Disney World Resort possible on this fascinating tour that provides an in-depth look at the creative and technical operations that bring to life innovative special effects, world-class entertainment and elaborate attractions.

The behind-the-scenes adventure begins at Epcot theme park and continues backstage at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park and Magic Kingdom theme park. From the Walt Disney World Nursery and Tree Farm to the ingeniously designed North Service area, you will get a rare glimpse of astounding effort it takes to maintain Walt Disney World Resort.

One unforgettable highlight is a trip below Magic Kingdom theme park into the service tunnels known as the Utilidors. This is one urban legend that is absolutely, and almost unbelievably, true—the Guest accessible areas of Magic Kingdom theme park are actually on the second floor of a massive structure. The first floor—called the Utilidors—allows Cast Members, deliveries and even trash to be unknowingly transported below Guests' feet as they wait in line for their favorite attraction.

Lunch at Whispering Canyon Café inside Disney's Wilderness Lodge is included with the tour. Theme Park admission is not required or included."

Remember if you use your Disney Rewards Visa you can get a %20 discount for all tours as a perk.

Patricia
01-04-2010, 09:53 AM
I've been on the Backstage Magic Tour and the Tower of Terror was not included at that time.

Captain_Nemo
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
:( I would be mad for the price you should get to see all the major attractions :)

Patricia
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
It's only 7 hours and three parks, plus a lunch break. There is no way you'd get through all the major attractions.

What we did see was great!

Phantod
01-05-2010, 01:59 AM
We did the Backstage Tour this past September, and we did get to go behind the scenes at ToT. Not a big deal, but they show the "cage" you end up with and explain how it works. A cool story about Otis Elevators.

We got to see the Laundry area, where they make the costumes, and yes, we did get to go into the utilidoors at MK.

We got an excellent backstage peak at the American Adventure at Epcot and got to see where they work on the various elements to the rides, like the Space Mountain cars, and similar.

Was it worth it? Sure? Would I do it again? Probably not....a little pricey as you've discovered.

Gator
01-07-2010, 12:21 AM
I love this ride. I would hate to see behind the scenes. I think it would ruin it for me.

nicster
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
We did the Back Stage Magic Tour last September. Check out the trip report at She Said - He Said Day 5 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162522) :mickey:

bingie
01-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Backstage Magic actually goes to AK now - in fact, you visit the parade barn for MJJP.

I did it 6 months ago and we went there.

Here is the updated description from the hub:

A "must do" for any true Disney fan! Ever wonder what it takes to create Disney “magic” at the Walt Disney World® Resort? Backstage Magic pulls back the curtain for an “insider’s look” at the heritage, daily operation, and Cast Members’ (employees’) roles. This 7 hour behind-the-scenes adventure guides you through a variety of locations where you will discover what it takes to create and maintain the “magic” every day. This unforgettable experience includes visits to the following locations (subject to change):

Epcot

Discover many of the finer details of The American Adventure and see what goes on behind-the-scenes at this popular attraction.

Magic Kingdom® Park

See Main Street, U.S.A., like you’ve never seen it before as you learn the “Language of Vision” – discovering often-overlooked details. Then journey behind-the-scenes to explore the famous “tunnel” system and see how it seamlessly contributes to the “magic” Guests experience every day.

Central Shops

Visit the home of the “Can Do People” - the craftsmen who make dreams come true by building and maintaining much of what Disney Guests see in the Theme Parks and resorts.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Enjoy a delicious, family-style lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Walt Disney World Nursery & Tree Farm:

Get a glimpse into the role horticulture & landscaping play in creating a themed and picturesque environment for Walt Disney World Resort Guests.

Disney's Hollywood Studios™:

Learn how Walt Disney Imagineers bring ideas from concept to reality. Travel backstage to explore how design and technology make The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ a real thrill. Then, visit Creative Costuming for a glimpse at the process of designing and building the elaborate costumes that enhance Disney parades and shows.

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Get a close-up look at Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. Go behind-the-scenes to find out how this daily pageant comes together through teamwork and dedicated Cast Members.

brownie
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I might have to look into this on our next trip. I'd love to see more on the Tower of Terror.