PDA

View Full Version : Your perfect day in WDW?

tadcd
12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Please tell me your perfect day in WDW. :mickey:
I have a "bonus" day that I didn't expect (DH decided we'd wait on going to Universal until the Harry Potter attraction is completed). We've been several times to WDW and have park hoppers and no little ones.
Thanks!
-Teresa

Ms. Mode
12-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Any day that starts with Space Mountain and ends with Soarin' :mickey:

gauvin4
12-29-2009, 07:40 AM
IMHO any day spent at WDW with my family is the perfect day!

faline
12-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I think everyone's perfect day is different depending upon personal preferences. My perfect day would likely begin in the Magic Kingdom, include some down time at my resort, a nice dinner at a table service restaurant, and end with a showing of Wishes from Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.

#1donaldfan
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM
...perfection could be summed up with an all expense paid trip for the 5 of us....:thedolls:

....or, just being at Disney with the family wading through the crowds to ride our favs...:cool:

mom2morgan
12-29-2009, 12:52 PM
If I had an extra day I'd probably spend it at DHS with a dinner show viewing of Illuminations. Or if I was doing that anyway, I'd put my extra day in the MIDDLE of the trip and use it to do something low key and relax - hang out at DTD for a while and then swim at the resort for a while. Our last trip was packed - too packed. We did 4 park days, and on the in-between days we did two at Universal, One at Seaword and one at Discovery Cove. Are you guys going off site at all?

Gator
12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
A perfect day is a day at the parks. Preferrably MK or Epcot. I love the other parks, but if I had an extra day and I've spent an equal amount of time at all the parks, I'd start my day at MK. It's always low crowds at the beginning of the day. Then I'd head over to Epcot for lunch at Tangeriene Cafe or Germany. Then have a day of live entertainment around WorldShowcase, stop for dinner at an international restaurant, and relax for Illuminations. Perfect day!

tadcd
12-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Thank you for your wonderful suggestions!

We aren't planning to go off site but we will have a car so that is certainly an option. We will have a park hopper anyway and don't want to spend too much money on additional tickets elsewhere but of course are open to suggestions.

Interesting suggestion about DTD. We haven't spent any time there during previous trips.

How does this sound - breakfast at our resort (BC, love the market place for breakfast), take a bus or drive to DTD, ride the boat down the river and explore POR and other nearby resorts. Come back to DTD, lunch at Wolfgang Puck (just saw a great review), go to Disney Quest (I think we need to buy extra tickets, DH loves video games), shop, dinner at Bongo.

Another thought for the evening- research the luau at Poly - and watch Wishes.

or

Go to Ft Wildnerness for stories and campfire (are we allowed to do this if we aren't staying at the resort?).

faline
12-30-2009, 08:32 AM
How does this sound - breakfast at our resort (BC, love the market place for breakfast), take a bus or drive to DTD, ride the boat down the river and explore POR and other nearby resorts. Come back to DTD, lunch at Wolfgang Puck (just saw a great review), go to Disney Quest (I think we need to buy extra tickets, DH loves video games), shop, dinner at Bongo.

This sounds like a very nice plan!

I like your first plan better. We went to the Luau over the summer and we were not terribly impressed. We enjoyed the old format of the luau much better than this newer version.

IloveDisney71
12-30-2009, 10:31 PM
The perfect day for me would be:

Being there with my closest family and friends
Being able to ride all the rides without waiting in any lines
Having dinner at Cinderella's castle
Spending the night in Cinderella's castle with my immediate family

gueli
12-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Thank you for your wonderful suggestions!
...Interesting suggestion about DTD. We haven't spent any time there during previous trips.

Like the basic plan- But Drive, dont take the bus. Buses to DTD tend to take forever, unless you plan to drink - than by all means take the bus transport.:beer:
A comment or 2-
1) Check out La-nuba - absolutly an amazing show. It may not be cheep, but worthwhile (at least once in your life)
2) We ate at T-rex recently. A really fun place, similar to rainforest but with dinosour theme. Food was decent.
3) Disney quest is great fun :thumbsup:
4) Just so you are aware, boats up to the PoR or FQ take about 1/2 hour. Both resorts are pleasant to visit.

It sounds like you are looking to do something without going to the parks.

The Luau at the poly has OK food, the show is kinda corney. The view from the beach to watch wishes is OK, but you miss much of lower fireworks.

It sounds like you have got multi-day passes. Is all this time planned for. can you add an extra day without to much added cost ?

Taking a day in the middle of the trip to do 'nothing' is a great plan.
But than do not over plan it. Relax at your resort, sleep in, Plan a very nice dinner (at the contemporary or DTD). Get a spa treatment. but Spend the day Relaxing. Than go back to the parks the next day.
:mickey:

tadcd
12-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks for helping me w/our plans. You've brought up so many good points and offered wonderful advice.

It turns out that according to info. central DQ isn't open during our "extra day." Also, I now have another change to figure out (more later). Oh dear. Thank goodness for intercot! :rocks:

Our goal for this trip is to balance relaxation w/new experiences. What started as just a honeymoon trip has evolved into a nearly annual "pixie dust fix"...poor DH, although I must note that of the 3 times we've visited, 2 of the visits were brief. This is only the 2nd one week vacation we've taken in WDW.
:drama:

Here we go. We had planned to stay off-site after flying in late Sat. afternoon so we can enjoy the full "first day" of vacation on Sunday in the parks. I delayed in figuring out this "minor" detail. This afternoon I found out by comparing my off site research with Denise's (MJ) research of room only discount at values and moderates, that, due to hotels being booked/inexpensive rooms already taken (Saturday night and MLK weekend) POFQ is the best deal (same or better than off site). OK. I'm very excited, we have a good rate and this means an extra night on Disney property and the opportunity to explore this resort, which we may want to return to someday. :cloud9:

The flight arrives at 6 pm, probably won't be able to see much of the resort by the time we arrive (grab luggage, rental car, drive, arrive around 8 pm?). Get to bed early.

I'm thinking that on Sunday we can have the luggage sent to BCV (need to check if they will pick it up from our room), eat breakfast in the POR food court and explore POR/POFQ, and leave at 11 am for church services. Afterwards, we can drive to BC, walk over to the World Showcase and stroll around for the afternoon (try a Margarita :marg: at the new Tequila bar!) and stop by the BCV room to settle in before 5 pm dinner at Il Mulino. We can then either check out DTD (shuts down at 11 pm) or enjoy the Boardwalk (maybe check out dueling piano bar).

Monday starts with BC marketplace breakfast, a morning stroll around the boardwalk and 10 am massages at Mandara Spa. Afternoon at Epcot (Finding Nemo Ride is new to us, visit old favorites), likely to include something light at Yakitori and then late afternoon dinner ressies at Le Cellier. Head over to Hollywood studios to catch Fantasmic (park closes at 7 pm).

So, back to the original "extra day" - Tuesday. The way things are shaping up I now "need" the day for park hopping! :blush: We can use the morning to visit MK, which is nice since the MLK crowds will hopefully have cleared out (park opens at 9 am). We can take a mid-day break and then spend the late afternoon/evening at Hollywood Studios for old favorites and attractions that are new to us (park closes at 7 pm). Stop by Epcot for Illuminations (9 pm). Need to research quick service restaurants at both parks.

Now I'm back on track w/the rest of the week.
Wednesday is my birthday. We'll wake up at BCV, send our luggage to AKL for the big switch, enjoy the last bit of wonderfulness of the BC and then head to Beirgarten for our lunch reservations. Decide if we want to return to Hollywood Studios. Eventually head to AKL to take in the wonderfulness there. Head to Cali Grill for a late-ish birthday dinner and Wishes. :party:

Thursday is Sunrise Safari and hang out at Animal Kingdom, relax at AKL, nap/time by the Kadani pool (main pool closed), mid-evening ressies at Saana. :vacation:

Friday morning at AKL, 11:30 am Yak and Yeti lunch. Decide if we want more time at AK, want to go back to MK, or want to go to DQ (would 4 hours be enough time for DQ?). We need to be back to AK for 7 pm Jiko reservations.

Saturday, we have a 4 pm flight. We'll need time to return the car and check bags, so I guess we'll likely leave around 1 pm. :plane:

So, my goal with this vacation plan is to create balance (rest/play), opportunities to circle back around to each park in case we don't do as much as we originally planned, see new things (we've never been to DTD, the spa, seen Wishes, nor stayed anywhere other than BC/BCV). Please be my reality check, provide any thoughts/suggestions you may have, let me know if there is something I shouldn't miss - of course I'll be scouring the site to fill in some blanks. Thanks again!!!!

-Teresa

Bellerella
01-18-2010, 04:32 PM
For me, the perfect WDW day would start at park opening at AK, spend the morning doing our favorite rides (safarri, dinosaur, expedition everest), have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. Head to hotel for a short break, then head over to Epcot. Spend evening wondering around world showcase, and have dinner at Nine Dragons. End the day with Iluminations. :mickey:

kemps@wdw
01-21-2010, 11:06 PM
A perfect day in WDW is a day in WDW! AM @ MK (no EMH), midday break @ resort (pool and cocktails and/or nap), afternoon/evening @ Epcot, eating and drinking our way "around the World", w/a little musical entertainment thrown in), and end the perfect day w/Illuminations. Then slowly work our way back to our resort for a little evening swim and relaxing on our balcony!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: