PDA

View Full Version : Mug question

MushuGrl
12-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Have a quick mug question...

We are staying at CSR for the first time. Our normal "home" is POP. And we love us some POP waffles. So our plan is one morning to get up and drive to POP for said waffles.

Can we take our mug that we bought at CSR and use it at POP? Or should we have our coffee before we head that way?

Scott C
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
legally no.

Thanks
Scott

kakn7294
12-28-2009, 01:32 PM
If it helps, you will have a coffeemaker in your room at CSR so you can have your coffee before you go. You could make your own coffee and fill your CSR mugs and take those with you to POP already filled. There will be a microwave to reheat if necessary.

By the rules of the mug program, you cannot use your CSR mug at POP - and the mugs will not be the same as CSR is the only resort with "dedicated" mugs. Their food court is not run by Disney but by an outside company so they do not have the same mugs as the rest of the Disney resorts.

MushuGrl
12-28-2009, 04:06 PM
OH THEY'RE DIFFERENT? AWESOME!! I thought they were the same, which is why I asked.

Thanks everyone! We'll grab coffee at CSR before heading out!

big blue and hairy
12-28-2009, 05:14 PM
The mugs are no longer different. CSR now uses the WDW refillable mugs. I can't remember what the signs say, but every WDW employee I've asked said you can use them for the length of your stay at any of the fountains.

:sulley:

kakn7294
12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
The mugs are no longer different. CSR now uses the WDW refillable mugs. I can't remember what the signs say, but every WDW employee I've asked said you can use them for the length of your stay at any of the fountains.

:sulley:Really? When did they switch? That's too bad - I always thought the individual resort mugs were cool and it was the only reason I bought one. We never get them now.

magicofdisney
12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
CSR doesn't have waffles?

Genie1953
12-28-2009, 09:06 PM
It has been 4 years since we were at Disneyworld but in 2005 we were told we could use them at the other resort food courts as well as our own.....but could not use them at any of the parks. We did not have any problems at all. Hope this hasn't changed, however if it has then we will simply fill them at our resort food court before heading out to another resort for breakfast. That way we are not breaking any rules.

Tinkermom
12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
The mugs that we purchased in July state on them...

"Refills available at no additional charge at resort beverage islands in the resort that this mug was purchased through the end of your resort stay"

Since the OP's question has been answered I am going to close this thread.