PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned from Grand Floridian!

DreamFinder2
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
My DW and I just got back from 6 great nights at the Grand Floridian. We had a landscape view in Boca Chica (our first time there w/o an upgrade), but the room was in good repair and the building was very quiet, despite being right next to the elevators.

We were concerned about crowds, but honestly, if you stayed away from MK during the day, we didn't notice much difference from our usual spring break trips. In fact, we were at Epcot on the 24th, and its crowds were eerily sparse.

Some details (I'll post more in my trip report): (1) the tile in the lobby, including just outside of the Cafe is finished, and looks great! (2) no cranes or any equipment anywhere in the resort, except the usuall palm-tree-trimmers (3) we had THREE medical scares (not us) on the trip, one in FotLK, another on BTMR and the last one during a SpectroMagic parade!

My last comment is this...I think it would be difficult to find a vacation destination with a friendlier crowd than WDW. We had so many encounters with genuinely friendly guests & CMs during our trip. Guests, in general, are very polite (lots of "excuse me's" and "no, no, go ahead's") in the parks, on transportation, and in the resort. My DW even commented that it was so nice being somewhere for a week where she heard virtually no profanity...and both of us being public school teachers, welcomed the change! It's just amazing that with that many people, crowds and waiting that individuals CAN still be nice to each other. Very refreshing!

If you have questions let me know...

Ms. Mode
12-28-2009, 11:46 AM
My last comment is this...I think it would be difficult to find a vacation destination with a friendlier crowd than WDW. We had so many encounters with genuinely friendly guests & CMs during our trip. Guests, in general, are very polite (lots of "excuse me's" and "no, no, go ahead's") in the parks, on transportation, and in the resort. My DW even commented that it was so nice being somewhere for a week where she heard virtually no profanity...

I couldn't agree more :mickey:

faline
12-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear you had a good trip!

TammiMcMan
12-28-2009, 12:34 PM
We had a landscape view in Boca Chica (our first time there w/o an upgrade)Yeah, this is a very tough time of year to get an upgrade at the GF. Usually they are pretty full. I'm glad you enjoyed the room though.

mom2morgan
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
You are so right about the people at Disney World! I've always found everyone to be generally happy, relaxed and polite. I even like riding the busses because you are always striking up conversations with strangers in a way you'd never dream of out in the "real" world :-)

PixieMagic
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I agree whole heartedly with the above!!! Guests are very gracious in WDW vs other vacations we've been on. Though, in thinking about it, I think there is just something about Disney that makes everyone feel more connected and therefor more easily able to relate to each other. :cloud9:

KarenP
01-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Glad you had a good trip. I look forward to your trip report!