PDA

View Full Version : Hertz Shuttle?

dizfanforever
12-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone.

I just booked a minivan through Hotwire...where I couldn't find out the name of the rental company until after I booked. It turns out that we are w/ Hertz. I don't mind so much, since the price was over $150 cheaper than any other I could find - but I'm a little worried about the shuttle. We have always gone w/ a company that has their cars right at the airport.
Anyone do the Hertz shuttle? Is it a big hassle? Do the shuttles come consistently or do you have to wait around for one?
Thanks in advance for your replies!!

Ed
12-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Hertz uses full sized buses as their shuttles; makes it very easy to board, load your bags, etc. They pick you up on either size (A or B) of the airport on level 1. Their buses run on a very regular basis; there is usually one waiting to take the place of the one that is actively loading.

Hertz's lot is only a mile or so north of the airport property, so the travel time is minimal.

faline
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
I've gone with Hertz several times. They typically do have lower rental rates due to their off-site location. I have found it a hassle to shuttle to their location but they do try to make it as easy as possible to get to and from the rental location.

dizfanforever
12-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Oh, good. It doesn't sound too bad, I guess. Worth the $150 anyway! Now I'll just have to factor in the time it will take us to return the vehicle when coming back to the airport to travel home. Do you think 1/2 an hour extra will be enough time?

faline
12-28-2009, 10:40 AM
We've always allowed three hours total time from the resort to do whatever needed to be done to getting through security etc.

dizfanforever
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Awesome. Thanks, Faline!

ThanxForNoticin
12-28-2009, 01:21 PM
While the Hertz shuttle is not the worst, it is obviously not as convenient as on-site. The worst part is lugging all the baggage for an extra bus trip, but it's very workable - especially if you save some money!! Something that we have done and you might want to consider - since you are getting a mini-van, it sounds like you have a number of people with you and a decent amount of luggage. When returning the vehicle, we've already driven to the Orlando Airport first, dropped off passengers and bags at the terminal, and then had one person return the vehicle to Hertz. It means your party might need to wait 20-30 minutes for you, but at least your not lugging everything (and everyone) with you. Have a fun trip!