PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies or Coronado Springs

crmark1
12-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I checked this morning and its only $334 more for us to stay at Coronado Springs vs ASmovies on our next trip April 3-8. Need some opinions on which to choose.

wildernesslady
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I would pick Coronado. The rooms are a little bigger and have queen beds vs. fulls. We were just there and enjoyed the theming.

d_m_n_n
12-27-2009, 03:08 PM
$334 isn't pocket change, but I think it would be money well spent for a moderate resort! :thumbsup: We have stayed in the all-stars for a few days while doing non-disney things in the area and at night my family just felt like we were always climbing over suitcases or each other to move about the room.

Flower
12-27-2009, 08:37 PM
I would upgrade to Coronado for the difference!

big blue and hairy
12-27-2009, 09:46 PM
If you pick All Stars I would suggest trying to get into Music or Sports. Both have been refurbed and the rooms and beds are much better than Movies.

:sulley:

Gator
12-27-2009, 11:24 PM
My last two trips were to both of these resorts. I can tell you this: while I was at AllStarMovies, I was wishing I was at Coronado Springs. The bus service, the room size, the theming is bigger and better at Coronado. I stayed at ASMo for the kids and for the fact that Disney wasn't offering any discounts for the week were there (swines). Had they offered a discount, we'd have stayed at CorSprs without hesitation.

buzz2001
12-28-2009, 06:13 AM
CSR! Queen beds, newly renovated rooms, great transportation and much more!

bruin1344
12-28-2009, 10:04 AM
If the extra 334 isnt a problem, CSR because its a nice theme, quieter, shorter waits for the busses, bigger rooms, and queen beds

GBBT
12-28-2009, 10:17 AM
If you need that $334 for t-shirts,etc..go with Movies(Chicken Quesadillas:thumbsup:).If that's not a problem,then Coronado...that's a great place to stay!!:cloud9:

jwb0323
01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm thinking about staying here with my wife, 4 years old, 3 year old, and 6 month old. Is it family friendly? I don't necessarily want the overcrowding I've heard about at the value resorts. Seems like it might be quieter and my wife and I would enjoy it a little more. Thanks,

BigRedDad
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Quieter = CSR. There is nothing wrong with the Values. However, they are packed places due to their cost. Since you are going over Easter, I would prefer CSR over a Value resort.

CaptSmee
01-12-2010, 12:34 AM
if the extra $$$ is within your budget, I would absolutely switch to CSR. It's an upgrade. the bus situation will be better. the food offerings are better. the themeing is better. there's reasons why it cost more to stay there.

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 12:38 AM
I would vote for Coronado Springs if it was me, only because i have stayed there. We loved everything about it, the scenery is wonderful, and the theme pool is one of the coolest things i have seen. Plus, you will get a queen size bed,flat screen tv, and a mini fridge.

Good Luck!

WVParkfan
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
You get what you pay for. CSR is definitely an upgrade over ASMovies.

We've stayed at both, and when the budget allows, we try to stay at a Moderate. CSR is a great resort, and worth the extra expense.

All of that said, All Star Movies is a great hotel, and if you choose to stay there and save your money, I think you'll really enjoy it. One of our best-ever stays was at Movies. So, don't sweat your decision. Either way, you'll be at Disney World, and it will be magical!

KatMark
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Personally, I would always choose a moderate over a deluxe (in truth, we will skip a trip rather than stay at a value). We just find the values too "crowded, congested and loud" and prefer the more spread out moderates where you have room to roam and not feel like there are people "always" on top of you.

KylesMom
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking about staying here with my wife, 4 years old, 3 year old, and 6 month old. Is it family friendly? I don't necessarily want the overcrowding I've heard about at the value resorts. Seems like it might be quieter and my wife and I would enjoy it a little more. Specifically speaking to this member, I must tell you that the All-Stars are themed perfectly for your 4 & 3 year old children. I remember our first stays at All Star Sports and All Star Movies, and how tickled our son was at 2 1/2 years and 3 1/2 years with those resorts and the child-friendly atmosphere surrounding him at every turn. Yes, the beds will be bigger and the rooms a bit larger at CS - and the potential for "quieter guests" will be there, but you won't find near the kid-friendly theming there, either. Sorry, but for this group, I'd suggest the All Stars with a possibility of the family suites. :mickey:

BigRedDad
01-13-2010, 04:20 AM
You are going over Easter, so it will be crowded. The Value resorts will even be more crowded. I would take CSR over an AS resort any day if money was not an issue.

jwb0323
01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Actually, for us we will be going in the middle of May. Seems like it might be less crowded then? I know that my kids will love the theming of the All Star resorts, but I was opting for a little extra comfort since we will be bringing our 6 month along for the ride. Thanks for everybody's input.

grumpydude
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Although All Stars is a great value, my experience is that CSR will not disappoint:mickey:

grumpydude
01-17-2010, 08:54 PM
If you pick All Stars I would suggest trying to get into Music or Sports. Both have been refurbed and the rooms and beds are much better than Movies.

:sulley:

All-stars Sports is great, kids loved it!:number1: