PDA

View Full Version : Por

julyjewel
12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
We just stayed at POR for the very first time. We paid for a water view. They had a room for us in Alligator Bayou. However, we really wanted to stay in the mansions. We had them look to see if anything was open and we got a room at Magnolia Terrace. It was perfect! Nice view an we quite close to the steps. I think this will be our new place to stay. No more values!

Duck Daisy Duck
12-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I really love POR it's so relaxing. We stayed in the mansions with a water view and loved it! We will be back there for sure :)

elmjimmlm
12-27-2009, 01:47 PM
:welcome: to another POR lover...We love this resort and can't think of staying anywhere else...
I think there should be a category dedicated to us on Intercot and we could just share how much we love POR...:cool:

Genie1953
12-27-2009, 02:15 PM
We also love POR...the mansions in particular. So much more than you would expect at a moderate resort.

beksy
12-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the positive review. We check-in tomorrow :clappy: and it will be our first time at POR so it is good to hear nice things about it!

#1donaldfan
12-28-2009, 09:55 AM
....I opened your post with much hesitation 'cause of late we've not had many positive notes on POR....our absolute favorite place EVER !!!! Glad to hear you had a great time and remember one thing, if and when you go back, and they place you in the AB, it's great over there as well......"there's not a bad seat in the house".....:mickey:

mom2morgan
12-28-2009, 03:53 PM
It's the resort we stayed at on both our trips. I love it, but we want to try something new next time - still , I can't help but worry a little that nothing will ever measure up to Riverside :mickey:

Patricia
12-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. - Michael Corleone

Every time I think I'll try a new resort, I end up switching to POR at the last minute. There is just something about it.. and I have to admit, I even enjoy the walking part and always make a point of walking over to the FQ for my French doughnuts (beignets) too. Mmmmm.

KatrinaJ91
12-28-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree....except we love Alligator Bayou! It's so peaceful and woodsy! We will probably never stay anywhere else. We have tried MANY of the resorts and this is, by far, our favorite!

twinboyz
01-02-2010, 08:13 PM
We've stayed at POR many times in both AB and the Mansions. Love the Mansions! Love POR! :secret: Let's not let the word get out! It's already tough to make reservations there!!!!

Ksmith75
01-03-2010, 02:04 PM
We just switched from the POP to the POR. We stayed at the POR in 2007 and 2008 and at the POP in 2009. we loved the pop too. But we just switched...we hade a pin code so it was worth it...we love the POR and cant wait to go back. 3 mos 3 weeks!

Grace
01-06-2010, 07:19 AM
:mickey:We love Dixie Landings!! Ok, so now it's POR (LOL). Although we are DVC members, there are few places we enjoy staying more than POR- the atmosphere is sublime, the food court is one of the best on property, Boatwrights is a fave place to dine, and Bob Jackson is just too fun!! This year we have a 2BR villa at AKL and a grand villa at BW- only because we have so many people with us. But I know I will miss POR :blush: