PDA

View Full Version : So, how would you spend your "gift card"?

luvdiznee
12-27-2009, 08:57 AM
For the ones going between Jan-Jun 2010 that would be entitled to the gift card. Would you use it specifically towards meals only? Divide it amongst your party? Set a spending limit per day? How are you planning or how would you use it. :mickey:

epceddie
12-27-2009, 10:28 AM
What gift card are you referring to?

jwildflower1981
12-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Were getting the $500 GC. It all depends on the stipulations on it. Can you use it for adult drinks :beer::wine::marg:and tips? If so we will use a little of it to have some drinks with our meals andtips since we will be on the DDP. The rest will be for all the I wants, can I have and can we gets!!! :cart:This was a deciding factor in changing our trip from Dec to May.

Does anybody know all the rules behind using the GC? I've been looking but not finding anything.

wildernesslady
12-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Is there any expiration to the gift card? That could be a good incentive to go back.

fanofdisney
12-27-2009, 03:25 PM
What is the gift card you are referring too?:confused: I hope I can get one:fingers:

luvdiznee
12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
What gift card are you referring to?

Disney is offering a GC in the amount from $300, $500 or $750, depending on what resort you are staying at AND that you will be there sometime between Jan and Jun 2010 (some blackout dates apply) AND you have to book a 5 night/6 day pack w/tix. Can get all the details at their site.

Were getting the $500 GC. It all depends on the stipulations on it. Can you use it for adult drinks :beer::wine::marg:and tips? If so we will use a little of it to have some drinks with our meals andtips since we will be on the DDP. The rest will be for all the I wants, can I have and can we gets!!! :cart:This was a deciding factor in changing our trip from Dec to May.

Does anybody know all the rules behind using the GC? I've been looking but not finding anything.

We used it for our meals and tips last year. Also for our souvies.

Is there any expiration to the gift card? That could be a good incentive to go back.

Not sure about exp date, ours was exhausted in 3 days. :D

And still haven't decided if we are going this time. But anyone going would you use it for certain restaurants? Like signatures? Which restaurants would you use it on? :mickey:

Genie1953
12-27-2009, 03:48 PM
What is the gift card you are referring too?:confused: I hope I can get one:fingers:

Here is a link to information about the gift cards. At the bottom of the webpage are some important details about the cards:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy10q3card&market=fy10q3card

PetefromRI
12-27-2009, 10:47 PM
We're on the QSDP so we decided to book a dinner at O'hana and Tokyo Dining and use the rest for drinks by the pool.Whatever is left will be used on our next trip.I heard that these cards don't expire.

mama2angels
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
We will use our 500.00 gc for souveniors, tips, and any meals our dining plan does not cover.

luvdiznee
01-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I agree with the tips for the TS. Also good for the apps if you are not on the DP. We will be doing a couple sig's. One we never been to is Jiko's. And may pay California Grill a return visit. :mickey:

Genie1953
01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Did you all know that there is a room discount promotion going on also for about the same time frames as the Gift Card promotion? We had the $500 gift card but then got an email on New Year's day from Denise of Magical Journeys telling us about the new promotion. Turned out the room discount was a better deal for us saving us about $630 so we are bypassing the gift card.