PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

mustBgoofy
12-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Please move this if there is a thread open on this already, I just couldn't find one.

Does anyone know if the Wishes Dessert Party will be extended past 2009? I was hoping to use it as a birthday surprise but cannot find info on whether or not it has been extended. Thanks for any and all help! :party:

#1donaldfan
12-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I had forgotten about this....I really want to do this in June....someone will be around soon to let us know......waiting, waiting....still waiting....just kiddin'....:cool:

Jenemmy
12-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Funny you brought this up -- I was just thinking about it yesterday. The only thing I have found was that it ends early January -- not sure if there is any new updates to that, though....

MNNHFLTX
12-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I have not heard of any plans to extend it past January 2nd at this point. However, I think it's conceivable they may offer it again down the road, especially during busy periods.

Bubbie Girl
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for July.:thumbsup:

disneykid@hrt
01-03-2010, 05:21 PM
There's a rumor that it's coming back in March. I called and the CM told me she didn't know if it would be coming back but that it was really possible as it was extremely popular.

We're going down next week- I kept hoping they would extend it for our trip. :(

BigThunderFan
01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
The "official" ruling is it may come back in the spring. Not sure when that would mean if at all.

BMan62
01-04-2010, 07:26 AM
FROM ANOTHER SITE:

Wishes Dessert Party on hiatus through early Spring

As we mentioned back on November 16 and in an interview on the MouseStation podcast on Thanksgiving, the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party was scheduled through January 2 and expected to reopen after some dining room refurbishments in late March. I received confirmation from Walt Disney World last week that the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party will indeed be dark beginning on January 3 for facility refurbishments, and that you should look for the popular experience to return in early Spring 2010. More information on reservation availability following the refurbishment should be coming soon. We'll let you know when we have that information.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
.....good to hear....thank you very much !!!!:mickey:

MushuGrl
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
We kinda looked forward to it, so we've decided to make our own little buffet with stuff from the Confectionary when we're there in a few weeks.

Okay, not quite as grand and may only consist of coffee, fudge and rice krispie treats, but hey, WE'RE THERE!

#1donaldfan
01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
...sounds good too, however I really like the idea of having a place to watch wishes in a more "private" area.....yeah, I know, not private but not on the street either......:cool:

wonderalice23
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Good to hear it will be returning, missed it on our honeymoon but I am going in June with my BFF (and matron of honor). Hopefully we will get to try it!

IamBelle
01-05-2010, 08:38 AM
They way the dessert party keeps extending, I hope it becomes a permanent thing!! We went in August and loved it. Everything was delicious and the fireworks were spectacular! I hope I will be able to go in April again!

JPL
01-05-2010, 09:56 AM
From what I have heard it was very successful and profitable so expect to see it back in time for the Spring Break Rush

mustBgoofy
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I called to ask about it in hopes that it might be extended and the CM said "not official but look for it late March" I hope she is right! I wanted to celebrate my DH birthday there! Thanks for all of the replies!

Bud, keep us posted on the updates that you find on the other site :)

Genie1953
01-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Exactly what is the Wishes Dessert Party? I have heard of it before but don't know exactly what it is.

mustBgoofy
01-08-2010, 09:31 PM
I believe that it was at the Tomorrowland Terrace (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and it was just a buffet of desserts that were available to you with a view of wishes and from what I understand Tinkerbell flew right over the location. I'm not real sure on this though. This is just what I've picked up from bits and pieces of reading different things about it.

Jenemmy
01-09-2010, 09:23 AM
OK -- I have a question -- has anyone ever REGRETTED going to the dessert party? I mean, it sounds heavenly to me, but I wonder if I would just hate myself afterwards -- LOL. Plus, I have this fear of my kids going overboard and then being sick (which, of course, I would try to prevent). Any thoughts??

katzctkpt
01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
What was the cost and was it something you have to book 180 or 90 days out?

SurferStitch
01-13-2010, 11:02 AM
DH and I went to the dessert party on 12/6 at MVMCP, and we absolutely loved it! Our table was in the front (as far forward/close to the castle as you can get), so we had an amazing view of the castle lights while we splurged on yummy desserts.

We then walked up the the railing a few minutes before the fireworks started, beating the crowd by about 10 second.

The dessert party was only about 1/3 full that night, so it was very pleasant. We will definitely do it again when we return!

yjgirl32
01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Sounds great! I too hope they bring it back as I too would love to have my DH's birthday celebration there in Oct. Thanks for all the helpful info.

mustBgoofy
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I called on the 5th of February and was told that the dessert party was in the system but they did not have scheduling dates available yet. SO, I called back this past Wednesday to see if they had any dates yet and the CM told me to call back about Mid-March :-) I have several co-workers who have also called and the CM's told them the same thing about calling back in mid-march too. I hope that it is available for my trip to MK on the 28th of March! That would be awesome to spend my DH's 30th bday and his 1st trip to WDW at a dessert party watching the fireworks!!!! Hope this helps anyone who was looking into it.

crltkcagle
02-13-2010, 12:54 PM
This is neat. I have never heard about it before. Thanks for the info!

SurferStitch
02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
I hope they have it the first week of May. I would love to do it again!

Tinkerfreak
02-15-2010, 07:28 AM
We are also hoping to do this the first week of May. DH didn't want to try it on our last trip while I was doing the planning but when we got there and he walked by and saw all the desserts he wished we had booked it.

kakn7294
02-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I called on Feb for my other ADRs and figured I'd ask about this as well since we would like to try it. The CM with whom I spoke said that when they look this up in the system, there's a message that says this will be booking again the the spring for summer dates. She did not have any more specifics than that.

tinkermom76
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
OK -- I have a question -- has anyone ever REGRETTED going to the dessert party? I mean, it sounds heavenly to me, but I wonder if I would just hate myself afterwards -- LOL. Plus, I have this fear of my kids going overboard and then being sick (which, of course, I would try to prevent). Any thoughts??

me and my 2 DD's 5 & 7 did this at MVMCP on Dec 1. we had a front row table and a great view. my kids didn't go overboard on the desserts, and you have to go up to the buffet line to get them and they provide small plates so they are limited on how much they could get each time they went up (not by Disney but by the size of the plate) unless they are really crafty.

I don't regret that we did it because it was a nice view, we met some nice people and it was great not to have to deal with the crowds. I am glad we did it once but I don't think we will ever do it again.

People complain a lot but there is something to be said for getting into the big crowd and everyone ooooh-ing and ahhhhh-ing over the fireworks. The atmosphere is different at the dessert party, but definitely worth trying at least once and I think I would go again if it was just adults.

Tinkerfreak
03-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Anyone have any more info on this? I would like to try and book it for our trip the first week of May.