PDA

View Full Version : Pool at AKL?

A&M'sMommy
12-26-2009, 10:42 PM
We're leaving 2/5 so in case this is still closed..is this the main pool at AKL and where is the one the list for you to use??

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Uzima Pool: 01/04/10 - 01/29/10
During this time, Guests may use Samawati Springs Pool at Kidani Village.

BigThunderFan
12-27-2009, 10:50 AM
This is the main pool. The other one is at the villas, a short bus trip away. You could walk but it's not so close. Especially in February if you are wet and the air could be chilly.

Figment78
12-28-2009, 12:57 PM
The Uzima Pool is the pool at the main lodge. Samawati Springs is the pool/water complex at Kidani Village.

We just returned from a stay at Kidani and while it was too chilly for me to put my 20 month old in the pool, I made sure to check it out because the pictures I had seen were amazing. If the Uzima pool is still closed when you are there and your weather is good - I HIGHLY recommend visiting the Kidani village pool (Samawati Springs). It looks very cool. The water play area for children is really well done.

To get there from "jambo house' (the main lodge), it's about a 7-10 minute walk or a VERY quick bus ride on any bus headed for downtown disney. To get back to Jambo house, again, you can walk, or you can take ANY THEME PARK bus. I did both during our trip and it's not too bad, especially considering how much walking we do on a regular basis on a Disney trip!

GreenBeetle
12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
The Uzima Pool is the pool at the main lodge. Samawati Springs is the pool/water complex at Kidani Village.

We just returned from a stay at Kidani and while it was too chilly for me to put my 20 month old in the pool, I made sure to check it out because the pictures I had seen were amazing. If the Uzima pool is still closed when you are there and your weather is good - I HIGHLY recommend visiting the Kidani village pool (Samawati Springs). It looks very cool. The water play area for children is really well done.

To get there from "jambo house' (the main lodge), it's about a 7-10 minute walk or a VERY quick bus ride on any bus headed for downtown disney. To get back to Jambo house, again, you can walk, or you can take ANY THEME PARK bus. I did both during our trip and it's not too bad, especially considering how much walking we do on a regular basis on a Disney trip!

Thanks for all this great information Figment78. We're leaving January 2nd for our first stay at Kidani Village and I can't wait to check out the whole complex!! :yay:

Figment78
12-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Greenbeetle- I don't know if you can make room requests with dvc (we rented points) but if you can I Very very strongly recommend that you request a room near to the main lobby entrance. I believe those would be low numbered rooms like 7815 or 7620 or whatever floor the second digit is. We were 7872 and we had at least a 7 to 10 minute walk each time to/from our room and ikt feels like a never ending hallway. The resort is really nice - just HUGE! I know SSR your home resort is large too, but the endless hallways are daunting at the end of a day or if you have to go back in the middle of the day like we did for naps. On the plus side, only one internal bus stop!

Enjoy your stay!

A&M'sMommy
12-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the tips. hopefully we'll luck out and it will be open and who knows what the weather will be like anyway!