PDA

View Full Version : Club Level: Grand Floridian Or Beach Club

HJL413
12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
We are going to try Club Level for our upcoming trip. It is either GF outer building or Beach Club. I am looking for information on both and appreciate any assistance

bruin1344
12-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Never stayed at GF but been there multiple times. Ive stayed multiple times at Beach Club. Both resorts have nice rooms and nice themes. Although I like GF being close to MK, I prefer BC because of its close proximity to Epcot and DHS, Stormalong Bay pool, and Cape May dinner buffet. The short walk to Epcot is a major factor because I eat a lot of meals at World Showcase. Also, if you like nightlife, BC is next to Boardwalk which has ESPN, Jellyrolls (my favorite nightlife spot), and Atlantic Dance Hall. It beats having to take a taxi.

TammiMcMan
12-27-2009, 03:02 PM
It depends on what you're looking for out of the club level. GF offers 2 locations. One is in their main building, called Royal Palm Club and the other is in an outer lodge building. The outer lodge club level is a little more comporable to BC. Both lounges are on the small side, but the GF's is an open concept, so you can always go in and sit down, while BC's closes when not serving snacks or drinks. The GF has a tea service during the day, which BC does not and the food offerings are a little more gourmet and upscale (for example champagne is served with the evening cordials).

Both resorts offer a very convenient theme park location. Rooms at the GF are slightly bigger and while they do have a theme pool with a slide, it definitely doesn't compare to Stormalong Bay.

DDuck66
12-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Is there any major differences in the pricing?? We have usually gone to Poly when we want to spurge on Concierge. We have been thinking of trying The Beach Club.

TammiMcMan
12-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Is there any major differences in the pricing?? A garden view club level room at BC will run around $470 during the value season, while a water view room is $555. A little less expensive than the Poly, but the lounge is much smaller and doesn't offer the incredible views.

Compared to the GF, the BC's club level is a lot less expensive. Again though, it's not a direct comparison, so everyone would need to decide for themselves about whether the difference in price is worth it.