PDA

View Full Version : WL Views

Duck Daisy Duck
12-26-2009, 06:14 PM
We will be staying at the WL for our next trip. Because it will be our first trip with our 1 year old son I'm thinking we will be spending alot of time at the resort/room. I would like the most relaxing view. I'm thinking courtyard. I would love to hear what my pros and cons would be.

faline
12-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Courtyard views on upper floors can be quite nice. However, the courtyard can be quite noisy - certainly a consideration with a 1 year old. We found that the pool area at Fort Wilderness is quite busy and late night noise from the pool area would be disturbing. We found it better when we requested a courtyard view but a location as close to the lobby as possible. This put us further away from the pool location and lessened the noise. We once stayed on the courtyard side on a first floor room. This room was actually quite quiet but had no view at all - except for the tall reeds growing outside our patio! I've never stayed on the side overlooking the vacation villas but it would seem there are some nice, relaxed views on that side.

d_m_n_n
12-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I vote for a woods view :) . We have stayed in woods and courtyard and really didn't notice a difference (the courtyard view was of the quiet pool if you looked to the left off the balcony). Both offered very peaceful afternoon's while DS (then 2) was napping.

Duck Daisy Duck
12-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks! I didnt even think about the courtyard being loud.

kemps@wdw
12-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Woods view facing MK. Away from the pool, which can get a little noisy, and we were able to see the monorail going to the CR, but also could watch Wishes from our balcony.

Figment78
12-28-2009, 04:03 PM
We actually stayed at the WL when we took our 1 year old son too! We requested a courtyard view, because that is my favorite view. We were up on the 4th floor, and closer towards the main part of the lodge like a previous poster mentioned (i.e., farther from the geyser). However, even though the pool area was noisy when you were out on the balcony or outside, you could not hear it from inside when you had the balcony door closed. Our son napped just fine and believe me, he is a pretty light sleeper. We used a white noise machine anyhow, for naps and nighttime, just to help smooth out any stray noises.

Don't be afraid of a courtyard view if that's what you'd like to spend your time looking at. I know that I spend way more time than ever before in our room and on our balcony now travelling with a little one.

Enjoy your trip!
(Here's a tip for travelling with a 1yr old: Ask for a courtyard room on an upper floor near to roaring forks if you think that you will be using the microwave, quick service restaurant or laundry room - it made things so convenient for us!)

Jillirose
12-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Woods view facing MK. Away from the pool, which can get a little noisy, and we were able to see the monorail going to the CR, but also could watch Wishes from our balcony.

:ditto:

We had a great balcony to sit on that was shady. We could watch boats coming around the island to dock and little birds in the woods. Delightful!