PDA

View Full Version : Towncar Questions

MN Pirate Girl
12-26-2009, 04:05 PM
We are planning a trip in January. During past trips we have used Happy Limo and Tiffany Towncars-both recommended by Intercot in past -had great service from both. I see now that intercot recommends Quicksilver--has anyone used this company? How was the service? And why did Intercot change to Quicksilver? Any issues we should be aware of with any of these companies? Appreciate all input!

Harriet
12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I have used Quicksiler and was very pleased with them and user the food store stop as well. Gregery was very promp and polite. If I need to use then again I would not hesatate too do so. They came recommond from me from a travel agent. I am sure they are a sponser on this board as well.

Strmchsr
12-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Never tried Tiffany. I know we switched from Happy Limo here on Intercot for several reasons. My experience with them was okay, but not great. Quicksilver has been fantastic though. I would definitely recommend them. And, by supporting them you support Intercot, which is always nice.

faline
12-26-2009, 06:37 PM
We used Quicksilver as recently as August and can certainly recommend them.

SillySymphony
12-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Curious as to why you have not considered a rental..?

PetefromRI
12-26-2009, 08:33 PM
We used them twice and think that they are awesome.

DisneyFan1979
12-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Our upcoming trip (leaving Saturday!!) will be the 3rd time we've used Quicksilver and have had excellent experiences with them. The driver is always prompt and waiting for us at the baggage carrousel and takes us to a good grocery store for the grocery stop.

We used to get a rental, but find the towncar service to be quicker, more relaxing, and cheaper.

DizneyRox
12-28-2009, 01:18 PM
We are planning a trip in January. During past trips we have used Happy Limo and Tiffany Towncars-both recommended by Intercot in past -had great service from both. I see now that intercot recommends Quicksilver--has anyone used this company? How was the service? And why did Intercot change to Quicksilver? Any issues we should be aware of with any of these companies? Appreciate all input!
I think you're a little backwards in your understanding, but close enough.

Quicksilver sponsors Intercot, therefore they are often recommended by many of the moderators, etc, (i.e staff). There is a paid relationship there.

That said, Happy Limo used to be a sponsor and I think they decided that they didn't feel like there was value for them in continuing that relationship. I'm not sure of details surrounding that decision, but I believe a post by John eluded to that.

Over the past few years, in my experience anyway, the service that Happy Limo provided fell off substantially. So much that I have passed on their services on recent trips. Their sponsorship (or lack of) had nothing to do with my decision, they were getting too sketchy for me to want to trust starting my vacation with them.

It's probably safe enough to gamble with another company if the reviews are satisfactory for your tastes. I have not used them, but a number of folks here (search previous threads) have been happy enough with Quicksilver.

Snow's Mom
12-31-2009, 08:13 PM
We used Quicksilver in July. Good service, no problems. I would recommend them.